NameSilo

discuss Be Smart. Make the right moves. Don't be FOOLED.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BlackCatsAreNice

Established Member
Impact
I see it ALL THE TIME here on these namenamename PRO forums.

So called "experts" offering to rate your portfolio, etc.

I am expert. Send me a list of your most valuable domains and I will tell you how much I think they are worth.

But is it a TRAP>?????

Think about it. You send Mister Expert your valuable domains list. Now HE (It is always a HE isn't it??? Yeah, ME TOO. Hashtag.) has intimate knowledge of what you own and the type of domainer you are.

Worst, he is gonna give you BAD ADVICE. Probably UNDERVALUE your domains. Tell you what crappy domains you have. Then using an alias, make a low ball offer to swindle your domains.

FOLKS. FRiends. Brothers in Arms.

Don't fall for the trap.

TRUST NO ONE. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE ON HERE.

Same goes for the so called BROKERS who offer to help.

You have to think...what is in it for them???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You really do live in your own little dreamworld 🙄😉👍

•••
•••
•••
If somebody pretends to help you but is majorly misleading you just to secretly buy your domains under another id, then I would say that they would get Karma biting them back in a different form.

•••
Not everyone here is going to take you for a ride. Reputations and relationships here are built after a while you even scratch your head at how helpful others can be. There are some here I respect that have never asked for favors.

•••
If somebody pretends to help you but is majorly misleading you just to secretly buy your domains under another id, then I would say that they would get Karma biting them back in a different form.
So you get offers could you handle them better?. Low ball offers still indicate interest If your going to quit then just slip out back as looking foolish.

•••
So you get offers could you handle them better?. Low ball offers still indicate interest If your going to quit then just slip out back as looking foolish.

Hey Lock, good point, yes low ball offers do indicate interest, and if he is happy to sell them for that amount then he can accept them offers.

•••
You have to think...what is in it for them???
Giving back is a powerful force and a wonderful cycle.

A lot of veterans that contribute on NamePros are doing so because a person (or many persons) helped them at one point in their journey. They realize that they would not be as successful as they are today if it were not for the help and generosity of others. They want to pay it forward by providing guidance to others in the same way that it was provided to them.

The truth is that it feels good to give back and help others. It's a far more pleasant state of mind. :)

•••
Life is like an Apple Tree, there will be good ones, so so ones and some that are rotten to the core.

From my experience there are more good than bad apples at NamePros.

Besides that, if you don't try the apples you will never know their sweetness.

•••
This forum can be a great place for growing, learning, and interacting with others in the field. It sounds like maybe you had a bad experience and we all have. The best you can do is learn and grow from it.. deciding that all people can't ever be trusted is a sure way to go nowhere. Maybe consider getting some input from the community if unsure about making a decision in the future, perhaps the mind of the group can help steer you in a generally good direction. But don't ever give up :xf.smile:

•••
namepros is actually the best place and way to start domaining. and if you are serious about it and approach it the right way (not yours, sorry), then you will eventually after a long learning curve and despite some initial loses which happen to most people, begin to make some profit. like every job or endevour in life, what you get out of domaining in terms of experience or profit, will be directly propotional to the time and effort you put into it.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••

Would I trust a user name with no avatar and a generic user name

No

Would I trust a valued member with a great feedback score, business name and avatar with a viable website?

Yes

There is a world of difference how one represents themselves on namepros

If it were up to me a standard similar to what I mentioned above would be in place for anyone participating on the marketplace.

•••
I ain't selling anything to you so don't worry about being crying in a fetal position later on.

•••
I ain't selling anything to you so don't worry about being crying in a fetal position later on.

You don't have to sell, same goes if you try to buy something.

I don't deal with generic users unless I get full payment up front.

Trusted members - I have done deals on verbal handshakes or half payment, transfer, second payment.

Now if your answer is you don't buy anything as well, then I will ask you what are you doing on namepros?

Last edited:
•••
I won't be buying nuthin' from ya so no worries about crying to complaining to other namepros members later on.

There. That bout covers it.

Stay Positive!(tm)

•••
no worries about crying to complaining to other namepros members later on.

Hmmm

Crying and complaining

May I politely refer you back to your opening post?

PS> It takes big balls to insult all the pros on namepros.
I would imagine that is why you have no credentials or anything attached to your profile. It's much easier to attack the integrity of others when one hides behind an anonymous profile.

•••
I am not insulting all the pros. I have lots of respect for people with intelligence who engage in banter and conversation even if it's pointless. That's life. Popping a beer on the porch and shooting the shiet. It's the American Way(tm).

And if you feel insulted, that's a problem I can't help you with.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back