Dynadot

Are we idiots?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Doughmange

Established Member
Impact
richard_dynas_tweet.jpg

Richard Dynas aka @uglydork seems to have disdain for the NamePros community.

Let me be 100% clear. This thread is not meant to incite anger/negativity, but to bring to light the opinions of an active member who uses this forum as a venue to acquire and sell domain names.

I decided to review his claims of getting 'destroyed' for selling a domain, and have found that none of this is true.

What did emerge was the story of how @imadoer went to escrow with @uglydork , and while in escrow Richard Dynas tried to sell the domain name to another party.
When Richard realized that his sale was not going to be successful, he dropped out of the escrow and went back on his commitment to buy.

You can make your own judgement on that kind of behavior.

You can find many great "helpful" posts from Rich such as:

I am sitting on the beach in Myrtle Beach as I type this - getting ready to pour
August is Siesta Key Florida for 2 weeks and January is Costa Rica for 10 days
I don't apologize for my life - it's awesome

I told them to change it weeks ago
Damn - this thread won't die and I still have another interview to go

I made $146,000 in one sale
That's all I really need to write - let that sink in

Let's all remember that this "big sale" came by pure luck, as Richie was looking to sell the Hatred.com domain name for as low as $5500 USD via PM at one point.

Let that sink in.

Finally, some of his posts have been less than truthful:

81295_f7f2776cff123654d0bc1120d548bd05.png

**The Hatred.com domain name was acquired for $4000 USD here on the NP forum.

To wrap everything up, you can see who Richie is tweeting to.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Buyer and seller be aware of the opinions of those who see to make money from you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow you are pretty riled up aren’t you? I don’t see the point in trying to destroy someone’s name who has not swindled anyone here and doesn’t seem to even come here anymore. In all fairness he got a boatload of hate here- no pun intended —over the reported sale. That’s likely what he meant by drove me away.

As far as the allegation that he backed out of a deal with someone here— never saw anything posted about that. Buyers back out of deals all the time and there are always two sides to a story.

I find this post venomous and spiteful to say the least. Not a good look for Name Pros or domainers in general. No one should be raked over the coals here unless they defrauded someone. Anything else just looks super bitter and petty.

Last edited:
•••
It's better to focus on domaining than finding other's tweets or post.
You can't earn anythings ( money, knowledge, friends .etc.) for doing that.

•••
Lots' of envy and jealousy is going on with this domaining industry (n)

•••
The domain name industry seems to be pretty cut throat, just like most businesses these days. I'm old enough to remember that you weren't allowed on the floor of the English stock exchange unless you were wearing black shoes, and "my word is my bond" was true. We also wore suits, and whilst I was at the stock exchange I wore a stiff collar. These days "men" wear dresses, and break their promises almost all the time. Reputation is just a weapon of attack now, or a means to reciprocate favours.

•••
The domain name industry seems to be pretty cut throat, just like most businesses these days. I'm old enough to remember that you weren't allowed on the floor of the English stock exchange unless you were wearing black shoes, and "my word is my bond" was true. We also wore suits, and whilst I was at the stock exchange I wore a stiff collar. These days "men" wear dresses, and break their promises almost all the time. Reputation is just a weapon of attack now, or a means to reciprocate favours.

You are right, these days were sadly gone a long time ago....

•••
Still it's not all bad. Stiff collars were uncomfortable, wore out your shirts, and were expensive to launder. :)

•••
And this is why I rarely come here anymore.

Words of wisdom from me -
If you hang with losers you are a loser
If you hang with liars you are a liar
If you hang with success you will achieve success

•••
To wrap everything up, you can see who Richie is tweeting to.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Buyer and seller be aware of the opinions of those who see to make money from you.

Yes, Birds of a feather do flock together. - let that sink in.
Andrew @MediaOptions is the most helpful awesome successful person in this industry right now. He has done things for me that are invaluable. Andrews time and knowledge is worth more to me than any opinion here and yes, I will defend Andrew at the risk of pissing off a few wanna be's and trolls.

•••
Yes, Birds of a feather do flock together. - let that sink in.

I think what is being referred to is the recent shill bidding and fake sales reports from the MediaOptions team via Andrew Rosener.

You can take the good and ignore the bad, but that's like doing business with Bernie Madoff after you know he scammed a lot of people.

From what I've seen over the years, when NP posts start to 'bother' the 'top brass' of the domain industry there is usually truth to all matters brought up.

A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of the shellfish or the sheep.

Yet any time the forum hits on some truth those tigers come out purring to justify their actions.

Remember that the hatred for NP members only came when the truth of Mr. Roseners activities started to emerge. I would be mad too if I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar and chocolate all over my face.

Some have humility and will admit when they are wrong, but others will just continue their tirade to their own detriment.

That is why companies address threads here seriously, and have a customer service presence on the forum.

•••
And this is why I rarely come here anymore.

True man. We sure are a bunch of losers.

•••
I think what is being referred to is the recent shill bidding and fake sales reports from the MediaOptions team via Andrew Rosener.

You can take the good and ignore the bad, but that's like doing business with Bernie Madoff after you know he scammed a lot of people.

From what I've seen over the years, when NP posts start to 'bother' the 'top brass' of the domain industry there is usually truth to all matters brought up.

A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of the shellfish or the sheep.

Yet any time the forum hits on some truth those tigers come out purring to justify their actions.

Remember that the hatred for NP members only came when the truth of Mr. Roseners activities started to emerge. I would be mad too if I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar and chocolate all over my face.

Some have humility and will admit when they are wrong, but others will just continue their tirade to their own detriment.

That is why companies address threads here seriously, and have a customer service presence on the forum.

Are you accusing Andrew @MediaOptions of shill bidding and fake sales reports? You better have some proof to back this up or you just opened a can or worms with zero credibility.

•••
Supposedly namepros has 1,004,961, not sure how many are active, but namepros is simply the crowd sourcing of information, and has helped discover alot of scams, and frauds.

I think the Hatred.com sale is real, the buyer is a relevant trending in the news personality, who has access to probably some heavy backers. He is not conventional by any means, to some people dollars don't always make sense. Some people can go to las vegas, and spend $10K on bottle service in a single night, $150K to others is a shopping trip down rodeo drive. Economies of scale, and maybe he found his target guy, all good.

In domaining your only as good as your next domain, my spam box has a few sushi.com outbound emails, so I guess he is brokering now, which is good, all the upside of someone else's premium domain, with none of the investment, smart.

How many guys we see, come, and go chase money in, and out of this industry. Take domaining.com how active it was 3 years ago, and now the same 3-4 bloggers just keep pushing up the same stories, or industry PR.

All I can say is never put any single domainer on a pedestal, if you can pick up a phone, and have a meaningful conversation, and have some dollars, and sense to you, then you can be a broker also.

At the end of the day A R helps himself first, every good manager does this with an inner circle of peons, you bring them close, make them feel important, they bring you deals, nothing new in business. He is effectively managing them, in their hopes to emulate him. Only difference is he has backing of $$$, and they are simply chasing it. To rinse, and repeat a sale like hatred.com is very hard, it is a rush, for sure, is it a lifetime of drinking, and kicking back on a beach, hardly.

It is good he used the sale, to give him some broker status, same was done with the whiskey.com sale a few years back, pictures of the check, etc...

Some things in domaining are legit, and other times they are not, and sometimes they are a mix of both, but I think Hatred.com sale is real, and should be laid to rest.

Last edited:
•••

Your 'Words of wisdom' are based on so much false logic, faulty reasoning, they're laughable.

Last edited:
•••
Focus on your sales! The other way around doesn't work.

Any sale-related-business use the same practice; Channel, Direct and Conditional sales.

Channel Sales

a. Buy/Sell to partners (liquidity)
b. Buy/Sell through partners (force the sale)
c. Buy/Sell with partners (merge)
d. Hybrid model (corporate)

Direct sales (emerge)

You're on your own, where the desire to acquire, timing and patience in sales is fundamental.

Conditional sales
(Helps everyone set the best possible market pricing. Without the top 5% sales this second market could be named Bear-Market. Count on this)

a. Intra-Inter-transactions

b. Flow trades (increasing the value of your asset - THIS HELPS YOU tagging YOUR DN price higher. Killing this -> be sure, that can affect your sales as well)

Ethics are made of morals, and morals are the practice of ethics.
So, in Domaining, ethics doesn't exist because formally the conduct of code doesn't exist. Informally, ethics does exist but in a form of "accumulated trust".

The rules are principles, not the code of ethic or laws.

Learning more about how to execute principles?

IMO (add your IMO)

Hope this clear something.

btw

Has anyone successfully & quickly sold name with bad connotations? Nearly impossible to sell but @uglydork manage to sell. To do this, attitude matters and the benefit of having big balls apply also. What happened after ... the another market segment.

Regards

•••

@uglydork - You did not get destroyed for trying to help people. You did help people, and you were praised for such (rightfully) many times. Your actions and/or attitude there after, and ethics before the sale is what destroyed you. I would prefer not to waste any more time trying to explain this to you (again).

Are you accusing Andrew @MediaOptions of shill bidding and fake sales reports? You better have some proof to back this up or you just opened a can or worms with zero credibility.

Not sure if you've read this already, but HERE's a good place to catch up.

Words of wisdom from me - If you can't handle the heat...

Then don't ask for (or refer to your haters as) the appetizers.

https://twitter.com/andrewrosener/status/908521499962875904
upload_2017-11-11_14-44-24.png

•••

The worms are already out. Take a few moments to review the evidence posted by others.

I'm just stating what was laid out pretty clearly.

•••
•••

I don't get it.

Are you saying this thread should not have been posted in the 'review' section?

Per OP, this thread is reviewing if @uglydork's claims that he was destroyed for helping the community was accurate.

It was probably posted in the review section, as an attempt to let the thread take it's natural course, rather than post it in a section that is eligible to be trending on the homepage. ie review section isn't eligible to trend to my knowledge.

•••
:smuggrin:

Last edited:
•••
I don't get it.

Are you saying this thread should not have been posted in the 'review' section?

Per OP, this thread is reviewing if @uglydork's claims that he was destroyed for helping the community was accurate.

It was probably posted in the review section, as an attempt to let the thread take it's natural course, rather than post it in a section that is eligible to be trending on the homepage. ie review section isn't eligible to trend to my knowledge.

Reviewing members?
What's next? Xrays and rectal exams at login?
With all due respect people need to mind their own damn business if "that business" didn't pertain to them directly.

Who gains here?
Can you or anyone make money finding the truth?
How will discovering the truth better your life?
Can you rinse and repeat the answer for profit?

No, just another member wasting YOUR time with sh!t that will never make a difference in life.

P.s This actually belongs in lounge :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
While I don't agree with the other stuff you said, I do agree with you here.

Answer any of my 4 questions if you don't mind.

P.s I do believe you should be studying what I sent you. Remember, I'm actually trying to make you money lol

Last edited:
•••
Who gains here?
Can you or anyone make money finding the truth?
How will discovering the truth better your life?
Can you rinse and repeat the answer for profit?

No, just another member wasting YOUR time with sh!t that will never make a difference in life.

Answer any of my 4 questions if you don't mind.

What makes a difference in life?

Money may make a difference in my life, but it does nothing to you, or bidders who are being shilled up.

Some people do things for themselves. Some do things for others. Some interchange the two.

Some can handle the truth, and some can't (not saying you specifically)...

Last edited:
•••
Some people do things for themselves. Some do things for others. Some interchange the two.

There are many people in this forum who do exactly that...Help others, I like to believe I'm one of them. More so now that I'm retired from domaing.

But this O.P and thread adds zero value to this industry already suffering from within.
Someone not directly involved in a sale which has been beat to death already should be "Reviewed" for their intentions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back