IT.COM

sales Milo Yiannopoulos is ripped off to the tune of $138,000 in Hatred.com sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Addison

Top Member
Impact
It's been reported that Milo Yiannopoulos purchased the domain name Hatred.com for $150,000 from a domain investor. The news of this domain sale sparked an ancillary quarrel among domain virtuosos. Kevin Murphy, a domain veteran and the authoritative blogger of Domain Incite, tweeted:
Give this domainer a big hand for ripping off Milo Yiannopoulos to the tune of $138,000 https://dsad.com/breaking-richa… #domains

That tweet caused a host of other domain experts and veterans alike to reply disharmoniously.

Shane Cultra (@Domain Shane) wrote:
A guy that writes articles about domain investing for a living, says that someone who sold a domain at a good profit is ripping someone off. That the person buying the domain is being stupid.
I think the buyer has free will and chooses what he wants to spend on the domain. If the seller agrees to that price and everyone is happy there is no such thing as ripping people off.

Ali Zandi (@Ali) replied:
An investor makes a nice sale and your choice words are "rip off"? C'mon dude. What?
Everyone who invests in domains and sells them for a profit is ripping people off? Why does anyone invest in anything then?

Richard Dynas (@uglydork), the seller of Hatred.com to Mr. Yiannopoulos, replied:
I don't ever rip anyone off and I dare you to find someone I ripped off

Joshua Schoen‏ replied:
KM, If it wasn't worth $150k to Milo then he wouldn't have bought it. He didn't get ripped off, he agreed to a price that he was fine with.
the domain will end up bringing Milo more value than it cost him to acquire it

Adam Strong (@strong) replied:
Wouldn't it be a $142,000 rip off since domains are roughly $8?
Whoops. That 2nd grade math slipped by me. Make that 149,992 rip off. Even better

Kevin Murphy (@DomainIncite) defended his position:
The choice of words is perfectly valid.
I'll gladly admit to being wrong, when I am wrong. What did I do wrong?
Think about when in your life you said something was a "rip off". Did you usually mean it was theft, or just expensive?
A rip-off is also something that is overpriced

Is it? My dictionary defines rip off (slang) as:
  1. To steal from
  2. To steal
  3. To exploit, swindle, cheat, or defraud
That's it: those three. Mr. Murphy must be using a colloquial definition from his neck of the woods. (Did you pick up on my colloquialism?) IMO, a domain name is worth the price that a seller and buyer agree to at that moment. "Rip off" is a poor depiction of a harmonious deal.

What do you think of when you hear that a person is ripping off someone?

Does it mean overpriced? :bookworm:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Amazing - you can only make money going to work 9-

OMG - Are you living in my house? Those are the exact conversations we have weekly!

lol. That is why were all in this together, the 1%(lol)

•••
We should ALL be in this together

•••

Nope, it's an unwritten rule that a domainer cannot make any money until they have at least 1000 posts on NamePros.

I don't think I know anyone that had a significant sale outside of that rule.

Last edited:
•••
Nope, it's an unwritten rule that a domainer cannot make any money until they have at least 1000 posts on NamePros

I don't think I know anyone that had a significant sale outside of that.
I have a few to go - I broke the rules
I also think most of your posts have to be contradicting someone or just being a jerk

•••
Nope, it's an unwritten rule that a domainer cannot make any money until they have at least 1000 posts on NamePros.
So, I need to speed post another 850 posts or so?
I not so sure you want to see another 850 posts from me that quickly but by golly, I'll give her hell.

•••
Amazing FBI Agents.

It's none of our business.
Spend the time to make money rather than get your nose into someone else business.

Yeah! Who needs fact checkers anyways?! Screw those guys who waste time and energy fact checking!!!

After all -- we are in the era of fake news!

•••
Has anyone seen where that 150k domain points to lately?
Sorry, I skipped a few pages if already posted.

•••
uglydork.com said:
For $19.99 I will show you every single trick and tip I learned to start making thousands of dollars. I am going to create wealth for people who deserve it and drive out the people who are bitter. Lets build a community of people who help and applaud each other instead of jealously and bitterness.
dynas domains @ uglydork said:
Where can I search to find all the names I own? I feel like I am missing some in old odd registrars.
4:50 AM - 23 Jun 2017

So I'm pretty sure most of this 'hatred' comes from the feeling of others that you got very lucky, and yet seem to have this unwarranted hubris about you.

You were in the right place, at the right time, with the money, and made the sale. Nobody is going to take that away from you.

With that said, you came HERE to ask advice from people Now you want to dump on people with backhanded statements about your hundred dollar bills. In addition, it is extremely clear that you still have a lot to learn about the industry to the extent that you still don't even know how to do a reverse whois search by eMail.

If I paid you that $19.99 you couldn't tell me a darn thing I don't know myself. In fact I would likley ask for a refund because I know for a fact that my knowledge base is stronger than yours.

This is why there is so much bitterness. A lot of people have been doing this for a long time, and you got very lucky and want to blow it back in peoples faces.

It seems you have this 'nanny-nanny-poo-poo' attitude when you are old enough to know better. Take a page from people that are making five and six figure sales, sit down and be humble.

•••
Well the almost opposite + similar is available... Celebrated (renowned).

With 100s of thousand of dollar spent on so called "Pre revenue companies," 150k for a single word.com is just the start.

•••
So I'm pretty sure most of this 'hatred' comes from the feeling of others that you got very lucky, and yet seem to have this unwarranted hubris about you.

You were in the right place, at the right time, with the money, and made the sale. Nobody is going to take that away from you.

With that said, you came HERE to ask advice from people Now you want to dump on people with backhanded statements about your hundred dollar bills. In addition, it is extremely clear that you still have a lot to learn about the industry to the extent that you still don't even know how to do a reverse whois search by eMail.

If I paid you that $19.99 you couldn't tell me a darn thing I don't know myself. In fact I would likley ask for a refund because I know for a fact that my knowledge base is stronger than yours.

This is why there is so much bitterness. A lot of people have been doing this for a long time, and you got very lucky and want to blow it back in peoples faces.

It seems you have this 'nanny-nanny-poo-poo' attitude when you are old enough to know better. Take a page from people that are making five and six figure sales, sit down and be humble.
Then you are not my target audience - plain and simple - move on

•••
So, I need to speed post another 850 posts or so?
I not so sure you want to see another 850 posts from me that quickly but by golly, I'll give her hell.

Yeah we better get to posting if thats the criteria...:ROFL:

•••

Hmm, the thing about being humble is also the understanding that you are never too old to learn. My 10 year old boy taught me a valuable lesson the other day. Sometimes a fresh perspective can open up a whole new set of doors.

•••
Congrats to the seller for his sale, congrats to the buyer for his purchase.

A sale / purchase is a sale / purchase.
A 'ripp off' is a 'ripp off'.
A sale / purchase has nothing to do with a 'ripp off'.

Nevertheless, I am sure that when I have sold the most expensive domain of all time a. k. a. toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top some (or unfortunately probably even many) will say it's a 'ripp off' while it was nothing other than a (the, largest) sale / purchase.

Last edited:
•••

And for $20 who wouldn't want to be :)

But still...

Let me translate the tweet for those that can't read between lines:

I hate Milo. Give some unnamed domainer a round of applause for making a douchebag pay way too much money for a stupid domain pointing at his stupid book that doesn't exist yet. What a twat Milo is.

That tweet doesn't say anything negative about the sale....

Some guy sells a domain around here and everyone loses their mind.
It was all skill. It was all luck... He's a noob. He's a genius. He's inspiring. He's a liar. Domainers are shits. Domainers are lovers. At least I got to read the living in shorts,been at the beach since 2001 story again.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats to the seller for his sale, congrats to the buyer for his purchase.

A sale / purchase is a sale / purchase.
A 'ripp off' is a 'ripp off'.
A sale / purchase has nothing to do with a 'ripp off'.

Nevertheless, I am sure that when I have sold the most expensive domain of all time a. k. a. toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top some (or unfortunately probably even many) will say it's a 'ripp off' while it was nothing other than a (the, largest) sale / purchase.

still finding ways to squeeze in a plug to sell your name...:facepalm:

•••
Calm down everything is fine stop the hatred... Pridefulness and vanity tit for tat... Share the wealth then
Where's my cut?. :-P

Last edited:
•••
Congrats again on the sale @uglydork. It really is inspiring.
You might want to remind Milo though to change the Whois information on the domain name. I think he has forgotten to do that.

Attachments

• Screenshot (497).png
    Screenshot (497).png
    65.9 KB · Views: 38
•••
still finding ways to squeeze in a plug to sell your name...:facepalm:
still finding ways to squeeze in a plug to post your comment...:facepalm:

Last edited:
•••
Squeezing plugs can lead to entertaining comments.

•••
•••
More people are reviewing his book since the domain has been redirected to his amazon page.

upload_2017-7-4_21-24-11.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back