NameSilo

Are .uk domains any good?

Labeled as question in Domain Extensions, started by Sarthak Dhonchak, Mar 8, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Sarthak Dhonchak

Sarthak Dhonchak Established Member

I'm a newbie in buying/selling domains, I have seen a lot of .co.uk domain, but not .uk domains.
    I have eyes on a few 1 and 2 word .uk domains, are they worth it?
    How easy would a 1 word .uk domain be to sell?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

I think they are under rated right now but all cc domains will mean more eventually dot co.uk is dominant but I really wanted to invest a while back but do not qualify.

3. MadAboutDomains

MadAboutDomains Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I see quite a few .UK names as I travel up and down the country.

However as lock mentioned .co.uk is the dominant force.

Some people will tell you that .UK are on the scrap heap but I honestly don't believe that. There are plenty of decent sales of them on domainlore and I've sold a few privately since picking them up in June last year.

4. wizard

wizard Domain Wizard PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

.UK domains are good if you have the right domain we own thousands best for long term holds

5. Erwin

Erwin Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I guess this answer depends on whether there has been an uptake in visible branding ad campaigns across the country (billboards/magazines) etc

6. Jo A

Jo A New Member

I own quite a few .uk's and recently the co.uk's have been dropped so i've been able to get them too. I've seen quite a few .uk in ads etc

7. passini

passini Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I am Italian but stuck in London for the last 3 months because of love and the lockdown... Anyway I can tell you that I have never seen one .uk domain. Not one! I have seen a lot of keyword1-keyword2.co.uk when probably the .uk was available without the hyphen. They just don't use the .uk, I have seen more .com respect the past. I will stay far away from two words .uk domains, maybe one word strong keyword .uk, but is not easy to get them and still I am not sure. Here don't like changes! You can still find the phone boxes around the city, just to make an example. Disclaimer: I love London and I've been spending part of the year here for the last 20 years, only in central London, I can't speak for the rest of the UK...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  8. jim h

jim h Upgraded Member Gold Account

The market is not big, forgive my frankness.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice