NameSilo

Is it fare idea to invest in .co.uk domains? How good is UK market is going on?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Abhikrishna

Established Member
Impact
Is it a good move to invest in .co.uk domains? How's the UK market? Where can I get daily .co.uk sales?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would in you place too for sure - you must have made some decent buck with them. I saw your ROI in a LinkedIn post - well-deserved loyalty, I would say! Well-done and way to go!

Which post was this ?[/QUOTE]

Could have I confused you? If you haven't written a post on ROI on a bunch of domains for 10GBP, my bad, I confused profiles. Sorry, @wizzarduk

•••
Which post was this ?

Could have I confused you? If you haven't written a post on ROI on a bunch of domains for 10GBP, my bad, I confused profiles. Sorry, @wizzarduk[/QUOTE]

Thats another guy but if you like ROI i have much better ones that that !

•••
Please don't post wrong info.

I always thought it was true, when i regged .co.uk domains in the past i have had to prove my UK residency. I guess its different now. Its been a long time since ive had any .co.uk's

•••
I always thought it was true, when i regged .co.uk domains in the past i have had to prove my UK residency. I guess its different now. Its been a long time since ive had any .co.uk's
No, it never was like this. There are a bunch of different ownership statuses for .uk, couple dozens i think, i can't recall all of them now, but there are some for residents - individuals, businesses, non-profit, edu, etc. etc., and some for foreigners, also individuals, businesses, etc. When you reg a domain, you choose the right status. And if you choose one of the resident ones, here you need to prove your residency, since a few years ago (before that everybody could reg zillions .uk for faked data.) But if you choose one of the foreigner ones, you obviously don't need to prove any residency. They confirm your email and sometimes phone number, that's all.

Now, the problem might be in that some registrars have Residential status switched on by default. Then of course for foreigners that might be a trouble.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back