Dynadot

Godaddy .UK Domain Search Bugs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

premkumar

Top Member
Impact
I have many domains in .uk and listed them in Afternic . Just thought of checking out how it shows in Godaddy, to my surprise, Godaddy shows domain available to register for 99 cent though it was registered by me and I found below list of bugs in uk and co.uk domain searches in godaddy.

1. when you search any .uk domain that is released recently, it says its available to register, though it was registered actually, I own several 100 domains and godaddy show all of them available

2. It also have a condition Restrictions apply(Some .uk names are reserved for owners of matching .co.uk, .org.uk and .me.uk domains. This restriction ends by July 8, 2019.

As part of the purchase / checkout process, you will have an option to pre-register the domain if it is identified as being part of the reserved list. If you choose to pre-register, the domain will be queued up for registration between July 1-5 2019, based on when it is made available to the general public.)

since this ROR period over, they didn't update their search nor removed that notice

3. When you add the domain to cart, then they say "This domain isn't available" . yes it right domain is taken but that domain listed for sale right? Well now I have listed my uk domains in Afternic and their is no way buyer can buy from Godaddy, as they never showing "Domain for sale", even if buyer search the exact .uk domain , godaddy not showing its available

4. If some one search co.uk and its taken, Godaddy don't show that .uk version of the domain available, not just for premium even if .uk available for hand register. so buyer don't even come to know .UK option exist. They even show .me.uk alternative available but not .uk.

No wonder, I was wondering why no inquiry, even after listing lot of domains

Could @Paul Nicks and @Joe Styler pleas look in to it. Lots of NP members listed super premium .uk domain on your platform, everyday we will miss the opportunity to make a sale as long these bugs exist.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
can you give me an example of one of the domains?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back