NameSilo

question Are Many of The One letter and/or Numeric Domains in your Country’s ccTLD taken by the Chinese?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Candace

Broker at Starfire HoldingsTop Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
So, I’m from a little Caribbean island just off the cost of Venezuela - Trinidad and Tobago. If you’ve heard of Nicki Minaj or Brian Lara (Cricket), you may have heard of it.

Anyway, the ccTLD is tt.

I started noticing that oneletter.ccTLD domains (like d.ht, e.nf etc) seemed to be getting some play, so I decided to look up what’s registered/available in dot tt.

I go to nic.tt and search for all the onelettter.tt domains. They are taken by multiple entities, many of whom are Chinese but not all.

However, when I search for the number.tt domains, the ones that are registered (0 through 99 and ones with repeating or patterned eights) are almost all taken by the Chinese down to 888888.tt. Some are even developed. Like 1.tt, 5.tt, 10.tt, 88.tt (99.tt) or are being forwarded to some other site.

Have you noticed the same thing with your country’s ccTLD?

I wonder if this is a general trend in all ccTLDs or if it’s only true for certain ccTLDs?

Do you have any idea?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back