Dynadot

.in Are .in valuable

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ABC3342

Established Member
Impact
I have found some good domains with .in extensions. Some are two dictionary words and some are LLLL. One domain with the same name in .com is for sale for Rs 16,00,000 and the .in for the same name is available. So would these domains be profitable if I sell them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IOne domain with the same name in .com is for sale for Rs 16,00,000 and the .in for the same name is available.
There are millions of domain "for sale". But until they actually sell it's safer to assume they are worth zero. In 2013 any domain that is still available is probably available for a reason. Nobody thinks it is worth $10.
I'm not saying .in is not a good extension, but it's already hard enough to sell good .com :)

•••
Oh! Godaddy has droped the price to $4. Does .in extension affect traffic?

•••
If you have a long term approach or plan to develop your names then I say .in names are good. If you are only looking to sell them, you need to pick up the cream of the crop and most of those will already be taken. Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
•••
I have registered these two:
thechat.in - I will use this domain for my website.
thegreat.in

Last edited:
•••
I think they might be valuable to the right registrant. If you're looking to flip .IN domains to end users and stuff it may be best to leave that job up to the Indians. The main reason I say that is because they live in the country and they know what's going on there. What's happening in the business industry, what's hip and what's selling right now.

Personally, I prefer to target domains that people in my country relate to for the same reasons. I would recommend going that route - especially if you are looking to buy domains to sell for profit!

•••
I have registered these two:
thechat.in - I will use this domain for my website.
thegreat.in

Just a personal preference - I don't like domains with the word 'the' in them. Prefer one word category killers, product or service related, or a one word generic/memorable word that a business can be developed around!

Best of luck!

•••
I agree with dnp1234. you have to get the cream of the crop.
like hey.in,bye.in, bit.in etc etc
just saw a auction thread were a guy was selling his 3 letter .in domains for 10$
I have been finding a short .in domain and i found his domains not much worth for reseller but if he try and sell it to end users they will be worthy
for example BSY.IN BSY is short form for a very popular politician in india also it is short form for British Sky stock name, there is a bsy shampoo too. but still that domain price is $10.

•••
I don't about the current situation, I've had around 70+ 3 letter domains in 2007, something like snk.in, jsh.etc but after 3 years of wasting around 15$ for renewal I realized that there is little market for dot in. Most of the people who can use computer in subcontinent are English proficient and search for generic english related keywords and land in .com websites. Ive not seen may .in website poping up in any of my searches.

•••
I don't about the current situation, I've had around 70+ 3 letter domains in 2007, something like snk.in, jsh.etc but after 3 years of wasting around 15$ for renewal I realized that there is little market for dot in. Most of the people who can use computer in subcontinent are English proficient and search for generic english related keywords and land in .com websites. Ive not seen may .in website poping up in any of my searches.

I checked the whois of both names you mentioned snk & jsh as it was in 2008. Both the names have different WHO-IS

SNK belonged to "John Panicker" & JSH belonged to "Arun Mathew Thomas"

Also, I went ahead and checked the other names owned by the above individuals. And guess what, I found no other LLL.IN owned by them.

I think you are just bluffing.

•••
some are and some are not. The majority are not.

•••
Try to find one word .in and keep it.

•••
Being an Indian, when I started buying domains, I reg'd a ton of .in's. I thought I was getting amazing deals on rare keywords and such. However, in retrospect, I've compiled a bunch of crap. This is not to say that some of these domains don't have any value. India is a rising country and there's unlimited potential but, you really have to be passionate. It's like the shitty internship of domaining, if you ask me. India has yet to provide simple things like internet access in many small but populated areas.

Like the others said, unless you have 1 word ultra premium domains, the market is a dry desert. You would be better off developing domains into small businesses, that's where the real money is. If you genuinely think a domain is worth a lot of money, be ready for the work ahead. You'll need ambition and patience, to persevere. Residence in India is also a priceless advantage. I, myself, live in Canada. So, I'm oblivious as to where to start with these domains. I do know that you have access to cheap labour. You can get 5-10 websites built for the same price as 1 website here in Canada or the U.S.

My answer is probably blurry but, to sum it up: DEVELOP, DON'T SELL!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back