IT.COM

domain Are domainers crazy?? JESUSOG.COM...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

branderoo

Established Member
Impact
Hi, so i have spent a few weeks reading posts and trying to learn. After feeling i had a slight grasp on domains i did the sensible thing that all the pros would recommend and bought 50 domains.. lol
Even after reading about all the crap domains that everyone has bought i am still pretty happy with with my selection, which is why i decided to become a NP member and have my ego taken down a notch by posting my list here. haha

The main reason for this post is that after buying my domains i began trying to figure out how to price them. I searched namebio, DNjournal, and then started looking at some of your portfolios which is when the confusion hit. Now, i don't want to call anyone out on here but an example of one portfolio that had me dumbstruck was one that was filled with "insertclichepharse".com and hundreds of cliche phrases asking for $XX,XXX - $XXX,XXX for each one. I understand that an asking price is just an asking price but with so many .com's in your portfolios(which i would have thought were useless) being priced as such, I'm not sure if these domainers are crazy or actually getting sales.

so as promised here is my list(total cost: $90). Feel free to let the brutal honesty out.

91CHEMDOG.COM
AK47SKUNK.COM
ARIZONAWESTERNLIGHTPURP.COM
BENTLYOG.COM
CAGREENTOURS.COM
CALIBUDSHOP.COM
CALIFORNIAGROWNCANNA.COM
CALIGREENTOURS.COM
CALIFORNIASEEDLESS.COM
CALIFORNIAHERBSHOP.COM
CALIGROWNBUD.COM
CANNABISSALAD.COM
CANNAMEDSMMJ.COM
DOGWALKEROG.COM
DOLLAREDIBLECLUB.COM
EDIMEDS.COM
INDICATRIM.COM
JESUSOG.COM
LAMBSBEARD.COM
LEMONSOURDIESEL.COM
PUREOG.COM
PURPONICS.COM
RIPPEDBUBBA.COM
SATIVATRIM.COM
TGSCALIFORNIA.COM
buycannabisinsandiego.com
buycannabislasvegas.com
buycannabissandiego.com
buycannabisvegas.com
canabisinsandiego.com
canabissandiego.com
cannabisfortworth.com
cannabishonolulu.com
cannabisinlosangeles.com
cannabiswaikiki.com
marijuanaalbuquerque.com
marijuanacharlotte.com
marijuanafortworth.com
marijuanainkansascity.com

marijuanainnewyork.com
newyorkcannabisdispensaries.com
phantomcookies.com
waikikidispensaries.com

sandiegocannabisdispensaries.com
engaize.com
branderoo.com
gencrest.com
scofly.com
101410.COM
102110.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
haha your trying to compare a tomato with bud? lmao good argument..

•••
Heirloom tomatoes are big business.
Just check out farmers markets.
Same with fresh garlic.
Fresh ginger, and so forth.
But I see no farmers or weekend gardeners rushing out to buy tomato domains or garlic domains.

The alcohol market is growing.
Quite a few craft beer breweries in Iowa and more on the way.
Quite a few craft liquor breweries in Iowa (producing good whiskey to vodka and everything in between).
More on the way.
Surprising what I found out about this business in Iowa one day when I saw a big sign on the side of a street advertising a new whiskey.

I am from new york but in wisconsin right now. Seems like a bar and brewery in every town here.

•••
Not comparing tomatoes and weed.
Just saying the market is there and growing for all good veggies.

•••
haha your trying to compare a tomato with bud? lmao good argument..

Is he comparing or making the sales point of supply and demand to average asking price.
regardless supply and demand if every seller said f- that its this price minimum no going lower people are gonna pay it.

•••
Here is a thought...
Anyone ever seen a store that sold domains?

•••
although I'm not that knowledgable about tomatoes i would not be surprised to see many famers with actual websites.. but again marijuana will be used both medicinally and recreationally.. also the type of sales makes me believe that mmi domains will hold value but only time will tell i guess.

•••
For those who defy laws and go, from behind the wheel, "I need something else. My whiskey tastes like piss. Ooh, red light!"

Surprising what I found out about this business in Iowa one day when I saw a big sign on the side of a street advertising a new whiskey.

•••
For those who defy laws and go, from behind the wheel, "I need something else. My whiskey tastes like piss. Ooh, red light!"

defying laws every now and then is what makes life more adventurous and interesting. like the x,xxx TM domain I sold..lol

•••
And you are again underestimating businesspeople. Even potheads could tell you:if they have a lot to sell and most ppl sell $5 a joint, they'd get the sales by dropping it to $4. And that'll pick up, obviously, thus the selling price will only get lower. That's logic, Business 101.

Is he comparing or making the sales point of supply and demand to average asking price.
regardless supply and demand if every seller said f- that its this price minimum no going lower people are gonna pay it.

•••
Laws are made to be broken lol

defying laws every now and then is what makes life more adventurous and interesting. like the x,xxx TM domain I sold..lol

•••
I don't underestimate them. Heck I consider myself one of them. Even in this wild domaining business i turned a profit even my first year. You quoted me and I am just trying to tell him what Iowa is getting at. And making it known as certain monopolies have done in the past set prices.

Think about it the most abundant resource on the planet people pay $1 to $4 a bottle for. water.

•••
Here is a thought...
Anyone ever seen a store that sold domains?

Web Registrars Physical Offices where they accept cash for registering domains :P

•••
Web Registrars Physical Offices where they accept cash for registering domains :P

Do they just allow people to walk in and purchase domain names?

•••
@baseballworld - Yeap, if the domain is available. I am not too sure in the US, but in Singapore, if there is problem with online payment, we could go to the Registrar's office and make payment if the domain requested is available

•••
And, photonmymind, alcohol has medicinal uses as well. And all medicines are also poisons. But alcohol is ingrained in social customs around the world, and has been for centuries. Nothing is going to replace that anytime soon, least of all something that has to be smoked, or eaten in some unappetizing baked concoction.

Yes alcohol has medicinal uses when it's taken in the form of tinctures and a few others.
It doesn't have ANY medicinal value the way it is consumed 99.9% of the times by 99.9% of people and that's what I am referring to.

http://www.cdc.gov/features/alcohol-deaths/
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/07/health/alcohol-poisoning-deaths/
http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/alcohol/by-country/

Whereas Marijuana is certainly a recreational drug but it has a well known medicinal use too. Let alone the potential of hemp.
Meanwhile I am still looking for links reporting deaths caused by marijuana....

If you want to compare alcohol and marijuana it's either you compare recreational to recreational and medical to medical or the comparison simply doesn't make sense. No one is saying that recreational marijuana will substitute recreational alcohol simply because one doesn't exclude the other and you can't compare the medicinal uses of the 2 substances either simply because there is no comparison. As there is no comparison with hemp.

The comments here are about the existence or not of a marijuana - domain market which is indeed a fact and it won't do anything else but growing, whether you will be part of the game or not.

As for you being a fortune teller I can't say anything about.

Last edited:
•••
The comments here are about the existence or not of a marijuana - domain market which is a fact and it won't do anything else but growing, whether you will be part of the game or not.
As for you being a fortune teller I can't say anything about.

I agree it's a growing market. It will continually hit new highs and result in many successful joint ventures:D

However, there's no such thing as a panacea. And marijuana seems to especially bring out the hype and inflated dreams. At least when prohibition ended in the US, nobody was claiming that alcohol was a miracle medicine. I think much of the world could use a little less drug use - but that's just my opinion.

Sure there will be marijuana domains that sell. About 0.5% of them, as with any other domain genre. And you know that if there are whole Namepros threads devoted to a type of domain, the good ones are already long taken - along with most of the bad ones.

•••
•••
However, there's no such thing as a panacea

Says who?

At least when prohibition ended in the US, nobody was claiming that alcohol was a miracle medicine

Simply because it doesn't have intrinsic medicinal properties as it is nothing but a vector whose function is to deliver substances to the body.

I think much of the world could use a little less drug use

And once again you are comparing apples with oranges so I think I won't take this conversation any further.
Marijuana HAS medicinal properties, it has always had them and always will; thinking that marijuana is just something to smoke to get high it is like perpetrating the idea that earth is flat.
There are tens of documentaries, studies, researches, trials and REAL people who cured an incredible amount of different diseases by using marijuana. They don't get high, they ease the symptoms of many diseases and cure many others without even needing to roll a joint.
Furthermore medicinal marijuana almost doesn't get you high even when smoked as the level of THC is very low compared to the hybrid one that stoners use.

•••
Most of the so called cures are nothing more than hear say, anecdotal.
Until the FDA says to pharma to really start testing, I would be a bit careful of using MJ or MMJ instead of traditional medicines.

•••
•••
Until the FDA says to pharma to really start testing

Not at all.
Big pharma pays for the tests and they are well known to withdraw information about side effect and potential harm of the substances/molecules they test
You are not a patient for big pharma, you are a customer never forget it. If each and all of us were healthy big pharma wouldn't exist and that explains quite well how motivated they are in really cure humanity.

•••
Some one does not like pharma!
Got to remember, Marijuana is still classified a class 1 drug.
So pharma is very leery about using mj in tests.
So you would rather rely on anecdotal information than real science?

•••
So you would rather rely on anecdotal information than real science?

No, not at all, but I certainly don't call big pharma real science and neither I call anecdotes real people experiences, case studies, evidences and scientific studies.
See the issue here is not being right or wrong, it just a matter of informing ourselves and trust me there are gazillion of trustworthy and reliable sources and info out there in the world and on the internet.
The issue is whether we want to make the effort to search for them or not as we can't expect to see them broadcasted on the mainstream medias which are guess what owned by pretty much the same corporations.

Marijuana is classified class drug because of political and economic reasons; there are tons of info about this subject too.
All the above makes America what it is today, an oligarchy rather than a democracy as the MIT confirms.

•••
Marijuana HAS medicinal properties, it has always had them and always will; thinking that marijuana is just something to smoke to get high it is like perpetrating the idea that earth is flat.
There are tens of documentaries, studies, researches, trials and REAL people who cured an incredible amount of different diseases by using marijuana. They don't get high, they ease the symptoms of many diseases and cure many others without even needing to roll a joint.
Furthermore medicinal marijuana almost doesn't get you high even when smoked as the level of THC is very low compared to the hybrid one that stoners use.
Those who suggest that marijuana is a panacea are perpetuating the idea that the earth is spherical and the sun revolves around it.
It has benefits in some areas. It will have more benefits that will be found. It also has negative effects and more will be found

Bob Marley died of cancer - the wonder drug let him down,I guess.

Eventually the plant will be synthesized and distributed by big pharma. You'll go to a dispensary, you'll go to a chemist, get it delivered or whatever.... you won't be making it at home. I doubt someone with Lou Gehrigs or MS will be going online ordering grow kits. Opiates are legal drugs now. I actually think we should decriminalize all drugs.

I do appreciate that you recognize that Medical Marijuana is distinct. The lobby in US is doing a fine job of riding the wave of recreational drug users to drive an agenda (even if there is merits to the end game). Puts you ahead of some imho.

I've read multiple health benefits of wine reducing heart attacks, reducing heart disease..... but we can focus purely on alcohol being bad if that's what you want. A lot of studies that are referenced by the MM lobby failed in their basic scientific method. Very few with rigorous human participation (because of the legality). Legalization will,of course, over time, produce more and better real results (and fake ones).

Most of the so called cures are nothing more than hear say, anecdotal.
Until the FDA says to pharma to really start testing, I would be a bit careful of using MJ or MMJ instead of traditional medicines.

No way man. Dr Cantheism said cannabis dabbing cured his followers of their Kool-Aid addiction....

Last edited:
•••
Those who suggest that marijuana is a panacea

Saying that " A " IS something is totally different than saying that " A " POTENTIALLY IS something.
Because potentially is what I said.

potentially a global panacea

And saying this
Bob Marley died of cancer - the wonder drug let him down,I guess.
seriously lowers your argument.

I've read multiple health benefits of wine reducing heart attacks, reducing heart disease.

That is actually the effect of resveratrol in fact grape juice has pretty much the same positive effects. We also have to keep in mind that alcohol is a vasodilator which, to some extent, can have health benefits.
You fail to mention though that the suggested amount of red wine per day is one glass and I was pretty clear before in saying this

Yes alcohol has medicinal uses when it's taken in the form of tinctures and a few others.
It doesn't have ANY medicinal value the way it is consumed 99.9% of the times by 99.9% of people and that's what I am referring to.

So I think I have addressed your points in my previous posts if you just took the time to read them properly

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back