IT.COM

domain Are domainers crazy?? JESUSOG.COM...

NameSilo
Watch

branderoo

Established Member
Impact
Hi, so i have spent a few weeks reading posts and trying to learn. After feeling i had a slight grasp on domains i did the sensible thing that all the pros would recommend and bought 50 domains.. lol
Even after reading about all the crap domains that everyone has bought i am still pretty happy with with my selection, which is why i decided to become a NP member and have my ego taken down a notch by posting my list here. haha

The main reason for this post is that after buying my domains i began trying to figure out how to price them. I searched namebio, DNjournal, and then started looking at some of your portfolios which is when the confusion hit. Now, i don't want to call anyone out on here but an example of one portfolio that had me dumbstruck was one that was filled with "insertclichepharse".com and hundreds of cliche phrases asking for $XX,XXX - $XXX,XXX for each one. I understand that an asking price is just an asking price but with so many .com's in your portfolios(which i would have thought were useless) being priced as such, I'm not sure if these domainers are crazy or actually getting sales.

so as promised here is my list(total cost: $90). Feel free to let the brutal honesty out.

91CHEMDOG.COM
AK47SKUNK.COM
ARIZONAWESTERNLIGHTPURP.COM
BENTLYOG.COM
CAGREENTOURS.COM
CALIBUDSHOP.COM
CALIFORNIAGROWNCANNA.COM
CALIGREENTOURS.COM
CALIFORNIASEEDLESS.COM
CALIFORNIAHERBSHOP.COM
CALIGROWNBUD.COM
CANNABISSALAD.COM
CANNAMEDSMMJ.COM
DOGWALKEROG.COM
DOLLAREDIBLECLUB.COM
EDIMEDS.COM
INDICATRIM.COM
JESUSOG.COM
LAMBSBEARD.COM
LEMONSOURDIESEL.COM
PUREOG.COM
PURPONICS.COM
RIPPEDBUBBA.COM
SATIVATRIM.COM
TGSCALIFORNIA.COM
buycannabisinsandiego.com
buycannabislasvegas.com
buycannabissandiego.com
buycannabisvegas.com
canabisinsandiego.com
canabissandiego.com
cannabisfortworth.com
cannabishonolulu.com
cannabisinlosangeles.com
cannabiswaikiki.com
marijuanaalbuquerque.com
marijuanacharlotte.com
marijuanafortworth.com
marijuanainkansascity.com

marijuanainnewyork.com
newyorkcannabisdispensaries.com
phantomcookies.com
waikikidispensaries.com

sandiegocannabisdispensaries.com
engaize.com
branderoo.com
gencrest.com
scofly.com
101410.COM
102110.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a pro would tell you to post in proper area

> the appraisal section

•••
What's wrong with cliche phrases? Do you think obscure phrases would be easier to sell?

•••
@biggie not once did i ask for an appraisal or approximate value. i asked for an honest opinion. So, in this case a pro would be out of bounds.

@Domin i just didnt think there would be value in cliche phrases.. perhaps there are?

•••
that is my opinion... that new members should post domains in proper section, if they want opinions, critiques, rebuttals, appraisals, sales, etc.

when they do that, then it shows they have respect for the forum.

Good Luck!

imo....

•••
You have some good ones there, for you just starting. I like branderoo.com the best. It's short and brandable.

Something I've learned along the way: the shorter the domain the better; think like the end user; what would the domain be used for?. Keep these questions/statements in mind when you purchase domains. There are hundreds of thousands to choose from and at times you may think all the domains you come across are excellent. Just remember to think, and don't impulse buy. Something that helps a lot is create a list of all the "great" domains you WANT to buy. Wait a few hours, or a day, then re-read the domains on the list. I promise some of them won't seem as great as you thought in the beginning.

•••
@biggie I agree with posting in the proper sections. I also assume that appraisal section is saved for appraisals. After seeing a post which had great insight (32 replies 702 views) and not one person telling the member to post a thread which was asking for critic in the appraisal section i figured this would be the proper section to post. Therefore "respect" for the forum was taken into account.

Last edited:
•••
@Snivo.com Thanks for the insight. I also really like branderoo and am planning on keeping this one for my own personal website(selling domains). As for making a list, i completely agree with that! i am definitely an impulse buyer and it took me 50 domains to realize it. once i ran out of GD promo codes i decided to do exactly that and make a list to help limit the DN's i buy. I will definitely take your advise in separating the "good" from the "great".

•••
@biggie I agree with posting in the proper sections. I also assume that appraisal section is saved for appraisals. After seeing a post which had great insight (32 replies 702 views) and not one person telling the member to post a thread which was asking for critic in the appraisal section i figured this would be the proper section to post. Therefore "respect" for the forum was taken into account.

Should be in the appraisal section.

•••
•••
Ok..maybe it should be in the appraisal section but maybe the OP is humbly asking for some opinions and help rather than for clueless " xx " " reg fee " " delete it " and stuff like that so let's be welcoming.
If the thread is really in the wrong section I am confident the mods will move it.

My opinion about your names is that many of your emds are the wrong way around English wise so that doesn't help.
Branderoo is a nice one but it mainly appeals to domainers as we ( domainers ) are pretty much the only ones interested in putting up sites to sell brands. It could be suitable for an e commerce too.
NNNNNN are probably those you will re-pay your 90$ investment with.

•••
i figured that many would not hit or turn a profit but at such a low investment cost if only 3 were able to turn a $30 sale then I'd atleast break even. cannabis/marijuana domains should be very valuable once it is legalized in more states. till then i might have to hold onto them for a while i guess..

it seems many people are found of the one site i want to keep for myself.. haha hopefully i can put it to use and make something of it..

•••
Hate to say but pretty much all are reg fee to me. However, I do agree with ppl here that Branderoo is a solid pick-up. So you have a lot of bad but 1 good. That's not bad for a beginner. I see most beginners regging a few hundred terrible domains. You're doing pretty good so far

•••
I see most beginners regging a few hundred terrible domains. You're doing pretty good so far
Wish I would have only reg'd a few hundred terrible domains when I first started. lol

•••
i figured that many would not hit or turn a profit but at such a low investment cost if only 3 were able to turn a $30 sale then I'd atleast break even. cannabis/marijuana domains should be very valuable once it is legalized in more states. till then i might have to hold onto them for a while i guess..

It seems you got it right yourself : I strongly believe marijuana is and will be a huge industry but as you said we will probably have to hold on to some names for a while.

it seems many people are found of the one site i want to keep for myself

This time I got it right ! :xf.wink:
Branderoo is a nice one but it mainly appeals to domainers

•••
I am going to be brutally honest.
Picking domains is easy, everybody can do it.
Selling domains is awfully hard, because the demand for aftermarket domains is limited.
115 million domains are registered in .com alone, .com has been mined to death so whatever is left available is usually available for a reason.

I think you will struggle to find buyers for your domains.

i figured that many would not hit or turn a profit but at such a low investment cost if only 3 were able to turn a $30 sale then I'd atleast break even.
That's the theory, beginners always think "I just need to make one sale to break even". Still that sale will never come. Because it's much more difficult than you think. Sales are the exception, not the norm.

cannabis/marijuana domains should be very valuable once it is legalized in more states. till then i might have to hold onto them for a while i guess..
That doesn't mean every domain embedding the word 'cannabis' or 'marijuana' will be come valuable...

Are you going to renew all these domains next year ? If you do, you will lose approx. $500 in renewal fees. If you don't, the domains will drop without selling. You lose your investment ($90 you say, you must have used coupons).

End users have plenty of alternatives. They will not buy from domainers (you or me) unless they have a compelling reason.
For example the names in uppercase at the top of your list. Many don't make sense to me. But I am thinking that for an end user it shouldn't be hard to find alternative domains of similar or better quality, available for reg fee. They will do the job just fine, thus bypassing the seller (you). Why exactly should I buy from you, when I can find another suitable domain with some brainstorming. That is the question.
Not to mention that nobody likes to pay more than regfee for a domain.

•••
It seems you got it right yourself : I strongly believe marijuana is and will be a huge industry but as you said we will probably have to hold on to some names for a while.

Bad names don't sell in any market. Advising to hold them for a while just sinks more cost into already sunk cost.

•••
Bad names don't sell in any market. Advising to hold them for a while just sinks more cost into already sunk cost.

maybe you didn't read this

your emds are the wrong way around English

canabisinsandiego.com
canabissandiego.com
cannabisfortworth.com
cannabishonolulu.com
cannabisinlosangeles.com
cannabiswaikiki.com
marijuanaalbuquerque.com
marijuanacharlotte.com
marijuanafortworth.com
marijuanainkansascity.com

marijuanainnewyork.com

and this

NNNNNN are probably those you will re-pay your 90$ investment with.

So I never told him his names were good.
My comment about marijuana related domains was general and applies to all of us who decided to invest in that industry which is just at the beginning but. not a future trend anymore.
I certainly didn't mean to suggest him to hold on to " not so good " names.

•••
weed has been sold everywhere, long before states starting legalizing

so geo weed names will only have perceived value to other domainers

if you've seen the inside of weed stores, the labels on the jars reflect the choices end-users (weed smokers) make.

if you look at the some names of businesses entering the market, many have generic, or green, or clinic or health related names

here's a brief list of licenses recently awarded to companies in illinois:

gti clinic holding, llc
cresco labs, llc
in grow farms, llc2
wellness groups pharms
nature's grace and wellness, llc
progressive treatment solutions, llc

important to note that some on this list also are involved in weed sales in other states, so that narrows the margin.

imo...

•••
Hate to say it but the list is awful. I'm glad you only spent $90. Most of us waste a lot more than that learning what makes a domain valuable.

Hate to say but pretty much all are reg fee to me.

Worse, it's costing reg fee every year. Most of these names won't sell so it's going to cost him money.

•••
Regarding the marijuana names. Imagine domains were around at the end of prohibition in the USA. During prohibition alcohol was sold freely in illegal "speakeasies." Upon news that liquor would soon be legal, we would all rush out and buy liquorchicago.com, localliquor.com, etc.

Liquorchicago.com is available to register. Chicagoliquor.com is being offered at a modest $888 BIN, with no buyers in 10 years since registration.

Liquor is a bigger business now than marijuana will ever be in the future. Chicago is a big city. And yet, those liquor names aren't seeing much demand.

Consider this before registering marijuana (or any other future domain).

•••
Regarding the marijuana names. Imagine domains were around at the end of prohibition in the USA. During prohibition alcohol was sold freely in illegal "speakeasies." Upon news that liquor would soon be legal, we would all rush out and buy liquorchicago.com, localliquor.com, etc.

Liquorchicago.com is available to register. Chicagoliquor.com is being offered at a modest $888 BIN, with no buyers in 10 years since registration.

Liquor is a bigger business now than marijuana will ever be in the future. Chicago is a big city. And yet, those liquor names aren't seeing much demand.

That's a nice example to put things into perspective. :)

•••
This doesn't really apply: any geek off the street could start a pot business while making alcohol is a tad harder than shoving a seed into the ground. So liquor domains have a far smaller set of endusers, thus those domains sit collecting virtual dust.

•••
This doesn't really apply: any geek off the street could start a pot business while making alcohol is a tad harder than shoving a seed into the ground. So liquor domains have a far smaller set of endusers, thus those domains sit collecting virtual dust.

Not that I know much about it, but it takes a little more than just "shoving a seed" in the ground. I do agree that it's probably less difficult to do than run a distillery, but it's still not easy.

The point I think Domainace is trying to make is that everyone is regging pot/weed domains. Out of the thousands people have reg'd, there will probably be only a SMALL percentage of them that actually sell. The rest will just sit there to rot.

•••

I disagree with this. Liquor and alcohol is certainly a huge business and industry and there is no doubt about it; it is a harmful one though and puts health in danger.
Marijuana is widely known for its recreational use but still totally underestimated for its medical one; but this is exactly where the gold mine is,
I also agree with Archangel because once marijuana will be legal then there will be many " collateral " business models such as how to grow it, tools for growing it, pipes, bongs, vaporizers etc etc etc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back