Dynadot

domain Are domainers crazy?? JESUSOG.COM...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

branderoo

Established Member
Impact
Hi, so i have spent a few weeks reading posts and trying to learn. After feeling i had a slight grasp on domains i did the sensible thing that all the pros would recommend and bought 50 domains.. lol
Even after reading about all the crap domains that everyone has bought i am still pretty happy with with my selection, which is why i decided to become a NP member and have my ego taken down a notch by posting my list here. haha

The main reason for this post is that after buying my domains i began trying to figure out how to price them. I searched namebio, DNjournal, and then started looking at some of your portfolios which is when the confusion hit. Now, i don't want to call anyone out on here but an example of one portfolio that had me dumbstruck was one that was filled with "insertclichepharse".com and hundreds of cliche phrases asking for $XX,XXX - $XXX,XXX for each one. I understand that an asking price is just an asking price but with so many .com's in your portfolios(which i would have thought were useless) being priced as such, I'm not sure if these domainers are crazy or actually getting sales.

so as promised here is my list(total cost: $90). Feel free to let the brutal honesty out.

91CHEMDOG.COM
AK47SKUNK.COM
ARIZONAWESTERNLIGHTPURP.COM
BENTLYOG.COM
CAGREENTOURS.COM
CALIBUDSHOP.COM
CALIFORNIAGROWNCANNA.COM
CALIGREENTOURS.COM
CALIFORNIASEEDLESS.COM
CALIFORNIAHERBSHOP.COM
CALIGROWNBUD.COM
CANNABISSALAD.COM
CANNAMEDSMMJ.COM
DOGWALKEROG.COM
DOLLAREDIBLECLUB.COM
EDIMEDS.COM
INDICATRIM.COM
JESUSOG.COM
LAMBSBEARD.COM
LEMONSOURDIESEL.COM
PUREOG.COM
PURPONICS.COM
RIPPEDBUBBA.COM
SATIVATRIM.COM
TGSCALIFORNIA.COM
buycannabisinsandiego.com
buycannabislasvegas.com
buycannabissandiego.com
buycannabisvegas.com
canabisinsandiego.com
canabissandiego.com
cannabisfortworth.com
cannabishonolulu.com
cannabisinlosangeles.com
cannabiswaikiki.com
marijuanaalbuquerque.com
marijuanacharlotte.com
marijuanafortworth.com
marijuanainkansascity.com

marijuanainnewyork.com
newyorkcannabisdispensaries.com
phantomcookies.com
waikikidispensaries.com

sandiegocannabisdispensaries.com
engaize.com
branderoo.com
gencrest.com
scofly.com
101410.COM
102110.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Funny people mention the uses of stuff. Everything has side effects. Vicodin for some people even prevents things from common cold symptoms and a long list of others. Yeah there will always be negatives to positives it's the risk you take. For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction people. Adults can make there own decisions.

•••
I don't see any value in these names the 420 buyers will disagree but if dropped I wouldn't want them.

•••
Saying that " A " IS something is totally different than saying that " A " POTENTIALLY IS something. Because potentially is what I said.
Those who suggest that marijuana is potentially a panacea are perpetuating the idea that the earth is spherical and the sun revolves around it.
Happier?

seriously lowers your argument.
I was being facetious because a panacea is typically used to indicate that something isn't - as in "Cloud computing isn't a panacea.." and "Marijuana isn't...."...

Never mind....important thing is that there is no value to
91CHEMDOG.COM

Last edited:
•••

No, because my happiness doesn't depend on others.

Those who suggest that marijuana is potentially panacea are perpetuating the idea that the earth is spherical and the sun revolves around it.

I was being facetious because a panacea is typically used to indicate that something isn't - as in "Cloud computing isn't a panacea.." and "Marijuana isn't...."...

You have full rights to have your own opinions. :xf.smile:

•••
Hi, so i have spent a few weeks reading posts and trying to learn. After feeling i had a slight grasp on domains i did the sensible thing that all the pros would recommend and bought 50 domains.. lol

Negative ghost-rider. Buy one. Flip it. If you are just starting out, hand registering will get you almost nowhere but into the red. In reality you could have spent that $90 on buying one decent name and flipping it for $500.

(Firstly, because you wont get hit with 50 renewal fees at the end of the year...but because having one decent name and only focusing on flipping that will yield you better results.)

Then... you just keep to repeating the same step with your $500 and turning that into $2k... then repeat. That is ultimately the most lucrative cycle that has proved itself the most beneficial in my career.

This is all my own opinion (much like everyone will have their own method) but it has worked out flawlessly. If I could start over, I would have spent my initial budget on just one name - instead of trying to reinvent the wheel and hand register made up words and crafty phrases..

Find yourself a solid deal on an aged, high search volume domain with development potential and high ad competition (not the only metrics, but a good start). Buy it cheap and flip it. I've done that over and over and over again. It works.

Now you just have to spend another few weeks reading posts on how to valuate your domain properly ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back