Dynadot

Are all expiring domains “caught”?

NameSilo
Watch

MysteryUser.com

Established Member
Impact
I have a name that I’m interested in, but wouldn’t really care if I missed out on it. So dont want to pay the dropcatch fee.

Once it expires, can I hand reg unless somebody else drop catches? Or do registrars just grab all expiring domains. Its a two word .net name.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No. Most names are not caught, a dot net has a higher chance of nobody caring about it except if its a real good .net

If you really don't care wait to register it, if you will care if someone else got it, backorder it, the bad feeling is not worth saving a few dollars.

•••
No. Most names are not caught, a dot net has a higher chance of nobody caring about it except if its a real good .net

If you really don't care wait to register it, if you will care if someone else got it, backorder it, the bad feeling is not worth saving a few dollars.

Thanks for the feedback and useful intel.

The domain dropped yesterday night and I was able to hand reg it :) So its been a good day for me :)

The name was pretty average, but was the first domain I ever bought so I’m happy to get it back after 10 years.

•••
You could also do a discount BO on dropcatch for 10 bucks.

•••
•••
On their website. Look around

•••
•••
I use it all the time. It is still a thing. I think you have to activate it for it to show up but I am not sure. Either way, it does indeed work. See screenshot from tab you order from

Attachments

• BEDD8C58-C466-47F9-AB64-99B16247A49A.jpeg
    BEDD8C58-C466-47F9-AB64-99B16247A49A.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
•••
I use it all the time. It is still a thing. I think you have to activate it for it to show up but I am not sure. Either way, it does indeed work. See screenshot from tab you order from
I really appreciate your patience

I did not notice that at all I just activated it thank you

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back