IT.COM

new gtlds Applauding Andrew Rosener's Student.Loans offering

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo Angelo

DomaincracyTop Member
Impact
Drew rarely considers non-coms, so His appraisal of student.loans caught me by surprise:
upload_2017-8-24_5-2-34.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think Andrew is great, but why would we be applauding this? because in general he doesn't like gltd's and actually sees value in this one?

•••
I think Andrew is great, but why would we be applauding this? because in general he doesn't like gltd's and actually sees value in this one?
Yes, to encourage him. Go Drew! Go gTLDs!

•••
alright, 2 claps, not more haha

•••
I always use weed.xyz rather than trying to remember the spelling of ganjapreneur. O_o

•••
Over the short to medium term the domain industry is likely to shed inefficient registry and registrar operators and investors, especially some of those who banked on new domain extensions (new gTLDs) that have no real consumer traction—which are many— and can no longer, or are just unwilling, to fund the basic holding/operating costs, let alone fund any marketing team or person.

For sure there is an easily foreseen correction—if not outright registration numbers recession—going on right now for some in the domain industry. Perhaps a short growth pause for .com and some ccTLDs, but their long term outlook to me is strong (same for some generic IDNs) as they do not need explaining to their primary target markets.

https://pinkybrand.com/2017/08/23/the-great-domain-correction-of-2017/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back