IT.COM

domain Before I foolishly make an offer I came here for wisdom, appraisal please - bottles.me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr Bottles

Impact
Hello,
My surname is Bottles and I am wanting to purchase an already owned domain bottles.me, those silly automated appraisal tools have no idea its value and the registrar that originally registered it claims its value in $1054 USD. I also currently own 2 dot coms 1 in 7 characters the second is 11 but it has a power word which always seems to be considered premium and those silly automated appraisal tools either value them at $0 or close to zero and others list them high and the longer one I am considering selling if value is actually high. Lastly another I am wanting to buy is considered to be a premium domain but is it really one, so I am hoping for some of the legends here can give me a clearer idea of these domains. Some of those

bottles.me (dynabot value $1054 2 years old unparked)
bottles.inc (considered premium $1504)
humandragon.com (I have own this for over 5 years)
above5d.com (relevant in the spiritual community only)

Much appreciated for any advice also given.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To me, bottles.me seems like one of those domains that if posted here on NP, it would either be in the free section or $1 starting auction with maybe one bid. Outside of someone like you with the name Bottles, I don't know who would buy it. Bottles are for ketchup, not people.

So, what's the domain worth to YOU? Take that number, cut it in half. If they accept, you saved yourself some money. If they counter, you have some room to negotiate.

•••
bottles.inc isn't registered, and it has an annual renewal in the thousands, so stay away from that one.

1705555830619.png

bottles.me isn't generically valuable because most people who'd be fine with a .me domain would also accept other extensions. In other words, it's not a domain that would normally sell. But it has a lower bad score than .com, so it's fully acceptable as a private domain.

1705555250747.png

1705555268540.png

https://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/tlds/

In your case I wouldn't feel bad spending $1,500. Since the domain isn't for sale I'd reach out with a $500 offer. If they don't respond to that then they're not interested in selling it. If they make a counter offer or reply with "too low," increase the bid to $1,000.

As for your .com domains, they're not the kind of domains that would sell. In fact I'd probably prefer bottles.me over either of those, and I don't even want bottles.me.

Last edited:
•••
$0 to $15 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back