IT.COM

Anything to learn form this bidding war of yizhe.com ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Primary Names

Top Member
Impact
Currently there is a bidding war going on at GD for the auction of a domain named yizhe.com. It has reached $11000 at this moment with 78 bids. I tried to search what yizhe for what it means or is associated with, thinking maybe that is the factor. But all google search returns was a name of an asian guy.

Now there is one thing going for it - the domain age. It is 17 years old. But I dont think it is reason enough for someone to pay $11K for it. I have seen lot of crappy names that are very old with zero value. I also looked if it meant anything in chinese or japanese - but nada.

I just want to learn if there is a pattern I am missing ? What is happenning here ?

Here is the link to the auction - auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?domain=yizhe.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@CrocodileDundee thnks for chiming in. I dont think the meaning is strong enough though

•••
.vip and .org developed. And a more detailed research will definitely help find more potential bidders.

•••
•••
one thing that you can learn from this is: never get caught into a bidding war

•••
yizhe.cn redirects to henkuai.com/forum.php which seems to be a programming related site. yizhe.net does not resolve to anything. The only interesting guys seem to be yizhe.org which seem to be a group of people around chinese medicine and phoilosophy. Maybe these guys are after the .com version.

I am not certain at this moment else I would probably suspect some form of manipulation. IF NOT, then I am very very keen to know how do you drive a useless name to such top dollars. :greedy::greedy::greedy:

•••
•••
I would say it is because it sounds like Yi Zheng. Yi Zheng is a city in China and also the name of a chinese billionaire. Yi Zheng is #36 on forbes list of the richest people.

•••
Domaining hype!

Just one of many reason other domainers are broke (or maybe rich)

•••
What is to learn? What I think is that there is always a buyer for a domain, sometimes more than one. The domain just has to get in front of the eyes of that potential buyer. So just because you own a name for many years and its got a few offers or maybe even none, doesnt necessarily mean there are no buyers. Domains need exposure. It only costs $8 something to renew a name. If its getting type-in traffic and/or offers - renew it. Hey, I could be wrong but many names I've sold have been held for a long time (> 5 years) and many that I have dropped have been picked up by companies -- so I know there are end-users out there. Exposure.

•••
Last edited:
•••
yizhe.cn redirects to henkuai.com/forum.php which seems to be a programming related site. yizhe.net does not resolve to anything. The only interesting guys seem to be yizhe.org which seem to be a group of people around chinese medicine and phoilosophy. Maybe these guys are after the .com version.

I am not certain at this moment else I would probably suspect some form of manipulation. IF NOT, then I am very very keen to know how do you drive a useless name to such top dollars. :greedy::greedy::greedy:

It probably is the .org owners as it can mean "medical experience"

Yi Zheng is also a medical pharma company in china

Last edited:
•••
•••
Auction has been stopped and restarted
SS-NP-GD-yizhe-02-09-2017.png

•••
•••
Yizhe Clothing Factory? Last year they got the deal with Walmart. Or meaning 译者 = Translator

Last edited:
•••
if i don't 110% know, i don't buy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back