Dynadot

Anyone noticed auctions getting extended for 24 hours at DropCatch?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello and Assalamo Alaikum,

I'm participating in several auctions at DropCatch and some were suppose to get over couple of days back but it keeps on extending for the last 48 hours! This is driving the prices up as more and more bidders have the chance of joining the auction and place their bids. First they extended for 24 hours and yesterday the same domains were extended for another 24 hours and will end tonight.... if they really ends.

Very poor way of doing business and making money.

Has anyone noticed this extra money making activity by DropCatch?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Which extension/s are you talking about?

If .org, there often is kinda mess with the actual drop date; sometimes, for certain domains different dropcatcher registrars say differently, plus minus one day; so maybe that's a case as this can somehow affect also the auction finish time. Have no idea how, just a guess.

If it's not about .org however, then it's indeed a very bad practice of Dropcatch.

Did you ask their support?

Last edited:
•••
I noticed it yesterday into today, a couple may have been extended again (as you mentioned) but I am only sure about yesterday into today. Odd and unsavory to say the least. If it was a software glitch, I would hope that we hear from DC soon.

Last edited:
•••
I have observed this a long ago. It seems it's a glitch or bug!

•••
Which extension/s are you talking about?

If .org, there often is kinda mess with the actual drop date; sometimes, for certain domains different dropcatcher registrars say differently, plus minus one day; so maybe that's a case as this can somehow affect also the auction finish time. Have no idea how, just a guess.

If it's not about .org however, then it's indeed a very bad practice of Dropcatch.

Did you ask their support?

For .com domains.
I haven't asked their support... But finally all those domains ended after being extended for 48 hours!

•••
I have observed this a long ago. It seems it's a glitch or bug!

As you're saying it happened in past as well so either it's a glitch which they haven't noticed (which is highly unlikely of not noticing it) or it's part of their strategy to drive up prices.

Even if it's glitch, this should have been fixed it long ago.

•••
As you're saying it happened in past as well so either it's a glitch which they haven't noticed (which is highly unlikely of not noticing it) or it's part of their strategy to drive up prices.

Even if it's glitch, this should have been fixed it long ago.

Auctions were extended for one day then very next day was normal so I was thinking that it was a glitch they fixed. I don't think it's part of their strategy to drive up prices since it'll damage their reputation!

•••
Auctions were extended for one day then very next day was normal so I was thinking that it was a glitch they fixed. I don't think it's part of their strategy to drive up prices since it'll damage their reputation!

Actually auctions got extended twice consecutively for 24-24 hours. No announcement from them either.

•••
Gives a whole new meaning to the DC issue of "re-auctions".

•••
Gives a whole new meaning to the DC issue of "re-auctions".

Re-auctions happen for those domains which were unpaid. But these auctions were never closed and keep extending.

•••
Re-auctions happen for those domains which were unpaid. But these auctions were never closed and keep extending.

That's what I meant by "Gives a whole new meaning" :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back