IT.COM

Dropcatch backorders not working?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bannen

Don't say Huh? too much; pretend you understand.Top Member
Impact
For the last two days, when I type in a deleting name into Dropcatch search field, I get a 'No Results' answer, plus an error popup that goes away after 5 seconds. So I am unable to backorder any domains there.

I sent them a support ticket, wondering if this was just me... but now I look on their auctions and I see there are zero Deleted Auctions with 2 days + remaining. So it looks like they did not catch any domains at all yesterday, so the problem is not just with my account.

I have not heard back from their support, nor do I see a message anywhere on their site explaining why backorders are down. Anyone know what is going on?

- Note that I seem able to participate in existing auctions fine.
- Also note that in my account, 'My History' has not updated since Jan 12. It shows all domains backordered, caught, auctioned, missed, from that date and earlier, but since that date my history is showing nothing, even though I have had activity since that date.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For the last two days, when I type in a deleting name into Dropcatch search field, I get a 'No Results' answer, plus an error popup that goes away after 5 seconds. So I am unable to backorder any domains there.

I sent them a support ticket, wondering if this was just me... but now I look on their auctions and I see there are zero Deleted Auctions with 2 days + remaining. So it looks like they did not catch any domains at all yesterday, so the problem is not just with my account.

I have not heard back from their support, nor do I see a message anywhere on their site explaining why backorders are down. Anyone know what is going on?

- Note that I seem able to participate in existing auctions fine.
- Also note that in my account, 'My History' has not updated since Jan 12. It shows all domains backordered, caught, auctioned, missed, from that date and earlier, but since that date my history is showing nothing, even though I have had activity since that date.

Enter the domain name directly into the address bar of your web browser. Let's say you want to backorder example.com, then enter this into the address bar and open the page:

https://www.dropcatch.com/domain/example.com

•••
Thanks. They actually responded and had to fix the bug with my account - though they did not say whether it was happening with others' accounts or site-globally. But if it happens again I'll try your method above. Appreciate it.

•••
Thanks. They actually responded and had to fix the bug with my account - though they did not say whether it was happening with others' accounts or site-globally. But if it happens again I'll try your method above. Appreciate it.
I experienced the same issue, but my method (opening the https://www.dropcatch.com/domain/example.com address directly) worked.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back