Dropcatch and Namebright

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

noneisnone

444Top Member
Impact
recently i listed couple of names on dropcatch auctions two of the names had no bids when they were sold elsewhere(one at namepros and one at sedo) i called dropcatch number and namebright for two days with no response i also emailed there support to have the auctions canceled before they get any bids today i get a reply to my issue from dropcatch support that the domains were sold on there platform and they can't do anything about it.

the domains were taken from other people accounts(that i sold them to) and put in escrow for the new buyers.

my question is how is this fair for the buyers ? i can sell a LLL.com here on namepros and have it listed on dropcatch auction at the same time and get double the money ? how is this even allowed ?

at this point am totally fine with having my account suspended on drocatch but i don't want the buyers to be screwed out of the names and the money i contacted one of the buyers here on namepros and refunded him(he was very understanding) and contacted sedo to refund the money to the buyer of the second domain.

Thoughts ?

short version :
you can sell a name on namepros while having it listed on dropcatch and get double the money.
dropcatch system is automated to take that domain from any account it is currently in when the auction is over.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
this is the reply i get from there support :

Hello,

The domains have been sold and were delivered to our buyers. Your Marketplace payout will be issued next month.

Thank you,
Fred
DropCatch Support

rofl... Domains taken from other people accounts not my account and they still could care less

•••
my question is how is this fair for the buyers ? i can sell a LLL.com here on namepros and have it listed on dropcatch auction at the same time and get double the money ? how is this even allowed ?
Of course it is not fair and not allowed. You should not list anywhere else when you have an active auction yet you did. Don't try to find fault with others when you have only yourself to blame.

•••
@capybara two days trying to get the auction closed with no bids two long days of phone calls and emails..

i actually make more money if drop catch pay me and i refund everyone else i just think it is wrong to have a system in place that can't account for human error that will automatically take a domain from any account and move it to escrow

there system can be abused and they should fix that thats all am saying

Last edited:
•••
i just think it is wrong to have a system in place that can't account for human error that will automatically take a domain from any account and move it to escrow
As a buyer I want to see only domains which can be delivered, and my trust in such platform is much more than in a place with "human errors" where sellers are allowed to backpedal every now and then on a whim.

Their rules say it crystal clear:
DropCatch said:
The Selling party may not alter, extend, or cancel any auction.

•••
@capybara Backpedal ? the domains are no longer mine they were SOLD the ownership got transferred
am not at loss the new OWNER is do you get it ? this can be abused in so many different ways if the domain is in my account sure but it is in another person account that paid for the name

very odd thing with dropcatch and rules every employee there have a different idea of the rules
one tells me you can cancel auctions if there is no bids the other no you can't you

•••
am not at loss the new OWNER is do you get it ?
Why is the new owner at loss? They got the domain they paid for, thanks to the DropCatch abuse-prone system.

•••
@capybara ok English being not my first language could be causing the confusion

i pm you on namepros i sell MMM.com to you before i sold it to you i had it listed on dropcatch auctions
you paid for the name and it was transferred to you i can't cancel the auction even if it has zero bids support not answering a third party gets involved and bids on the name they win the auction.

now namebright will move that name from your account to the auction winner account got it ?

and me the original owner i get paid twice by you and by dropcatch auction

Last edited:
•••
•••
@capybara i thought DropCatch was "abuse-prone" system as you called it
also i rectified the situation with the member here on namepros(refunded he was very understanding) the only thing left to do is to figure things out with the sedo buyer.

I'm not trying to get anything out of this thread is what you don't get am just trying to make people aware thats all.

•••
@bmugford will be interesting to hear your thoughts on this

•••
@capybara i thought DropCatch was "abuse-prone" system as you called it
Yes, it is abuse-prone. In the situation you described, the DropCatch customer who paid for the domain, received it. They don't have to care you also "sold" the domain elsewhere.

•••
@capybara if you think it is alright to take domains from unsuspecting owners accounts*that never listed there domains for sale* then i see no way we can continue this discussion.

•••
@capybara if you think it is alright to take domains from unsuspecting owners accounts*that never listed there domains for sale* then i see no way we can continue this discussion.
People who received push from you on Namebright because of your sale on Namepros are not "owners". You deceived those people by violating the Namepros auction rules, so your Namepros "sale" to them can be legally invalidated.

•••
@capybara what about the one on sedo ? they paid for the name first before why should they be out of the name and the money ? also it wasn't an auction on namepros it was BIN fixed price

•••
@bmugford will be interesting to hear your thoughts on this

I am not really familiar with how DropCatch auctions work, but if the domains were sold via another venue to another buyer...There is no way the domain should be removed from that owners account.

If there is a TOS violation or something that is between you and DropCatch. The new owner was not a party to that agreement.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
@bmugford Thank you exactly what i was saying i was ready to get my account suspended i made the mistake not the buyers.

•••
@capybara what about the one on sedo ? they paid for the name first before why should they be out of the name and the money ? also it wasn't an auction on namepros it was BIN fixed price
Yes thats bad for the buyer, Sedo can't protect their customers in a way DropCatch does, by having the domain under their control.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back