NameSilo

Anyone here using above.com to optimize Bodis/Pc/Voodoo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
been with PC mostly in past.. thinking of adding bodis and/or vodoo and optimize all of them on above.com

I prefer to keep maximizer off. cause I like my sale banners and sales are still more important to me than park revenue. so for discussions sake, let's say maximizer off.

anyone here doing this optimizing? is it good idea? does it even work? do you do 2 companies or 3? I heard 3 is not so good.

if I understood it correctly, if I was with PC most time in past, and now add say bodis, they'll be just sending small portion of trafic to bodis .. to test rpm..and if bigger than PC.. then they'll gradually switch.. while constantly in future continuing to test with smaller trafic where its best rpm. did I Get it right?

ty

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

@frank-germany

I did not say you were the one using it the wrong way, we just had to do it as there were some that were and this was very much against parking and google policies.

And sorry that you spent time on setting this up, but I do not see why it is a Lame reason to have to protect your whole service for "all our clients" and keep our partners and G happy. At the end of the day they can make our lives very hard, so a single feature had to be removed, so that we could continue to offer this free service.

Cheers
David

I did not understand you have said I did it wrong
I said : your move has effected innocent people

if a behavior of some people are against g s policies and parking policies
it's not your business
and not your turn to prevent it

your are not responsible to keep g happy

you are not running a parking company
and your parking account was not affected

your partners are people buying direct traffic from you
yes they may be unhappy to receive traffic from
a different source as they might expect
but they can stop that traffic source
that's part of their business - stuff is changing constantly

you are offering a centralized traffic optimization platform.
in order to use your platform
the nameservers of -in my case- a few thousand domains
had to be adjusted at multiple registrars
-time spend? a lot!

after finalizing parking rotation
I used your redirect function
in order to find a better solution for the non-performing domains
that was a task done on a daily basis for a few month
adding and refining redirects took a lot of effort and time

setting up multiple redirects for hundreds of domains
after testing other monetization methods
is a full-time business
not a hobby

if you take away the carpet
then you are a serious threat to my business
that's it

a "sorry"
and a lame excuse won't fix that

and please let's be aware of that fact that above is not a "free"
service but gets it's compensation by taking a share of the domain traffic
in order to monetize their service
- which is fine -
that is done by redirecting traffic that was sold to "somewhere"

no idea how goog will think of that

Last edited:
•••
At the registrar level we also have more control and we can suspend DNS and or even delete domains

that gives me more peace of mind now

•••
Hi Frank,

No point responding again, I would be just repeating what I have already said.

But you are still off topic, please create a new thread if need be.

If you have any other questions for me relating to domain parking optimization, please feel free to ask.

Cheers
David

•••
Hi Frank,

No point responding again, I would be just repeating what I have already said.

But you are still off topic, please create a new thread if need be.

If you have any other questions for me relating to domain parking optimization, please feel free to ask.

Cheers
David

Maybe was unclear with my question.

above.com nameservers are not free to be used
for parking optimization, as
part of the traffic is re-sold in order to finance above.com

fine.

now this is done via redirecting the traffic from the parked domains
using above.com nameservers

fine.

now you tell me Google has a problem with redirected traffic from domain names
and that's why you had to terminate the user definable redirects.

fine.
but:

anybody can buy traffic from domains parked at above
using the trellian system .
I can buy traffic and redirect it wherever I would want it to.

The question I asked is:
why is that not a problem for Google??

thanks
Frank

•••
Hi,

@frank-germany

I did not say you were the one using it the wrong way, we just had to do it as there were some that were and this was very much against parking and google policies.

And sorry that you spent time on setting this up, but I do not see why it is a Lame reason to have to protect your whole service for "all our clients" and keep our partners and G happy. At the end of the day they can make our lives very hard, so a single feature had to be removed, so that we could continue to offer this free service.

Cheers
David

its quite alright. as owner of this thread I permit Frank or anyone affected by this issue to freely express his opinions. I find this talk useful, as does Frank, and as do many others too I am sure. thanks for taking the time to offer some public information on yoru company to all your clients. clarify and transparency are important to all. and imo you above all others should have great interest in setting all records and uncertainities about your company straight. please see this as an opportunity, rather than something you would want to avoid. I hope you will. I thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Frank,

Direct advertisers buying domain traffic is not the issue here. This is not affecting traffic quality sent to G parked domains by those users using easy URL redirects from one domain to another.

Cheers
David

•••
@Trellian
First of all, be sure that we all appreciate you taking the time to answer any queries we might have. Thank you for that.
I felt that had to be said :)

Now,
I'd like to stray a bit from the main OP question and move to how you actually handle the 'testing' traffic.

for example,

a. how often do you test traffic?

b. if you don't test traffic continuously, what if the traffic you sent happened in a 'bad time' for a parking service, ie. service was down or when experiencing various internal issues.

This last question is important since, in the past, I have seen Above sending traffic for a full day to PC when PC experienced a ddos attack and was down for most of the day.

Please also note that, while PC (as an example) can handle the traffic directed to their Nameservers under a ddos attack (by redirecting it elsewhere where it can be monetised), Above doesn't seem to react at all when something like that happens on a parking service.

c. Do you handle high traffic domains the same as very low traffic domains?
Imo, when a domain has low traffic it makes some sense to send the traffic to one service, usually that one that has the best past results in your benchmarks, rather than trying to test it in all services. I feel by testing traffic in such a case does more damage than good.

thanks again

•••
Hi,

a. traffic is tested constantly, there are many factors dictating when and how and how much.

b. our system is aware of anomalies and takes that into account. In drop performances other services are tested and these are tested gradually with small % of traffic and compared. Testing domains is not instant and depending on the amount of traffic it gets can be fast or take a long time. Such as testing a domain that gets 1 visit per day, is hard to test effectively.

Also keep in mind that parking services provide stats 1 to 3 days after the fact, so when a parking service has an outage, if we are not notified during that time, our system will not know. However you will find that most parking services provide compensation for down times. And by the time we import the stats the issues are resolved at the pasrking end so there is no further action we are able to take.

Since G does not provide real time data, the parking services can not either, so we are all resticted as to how fast we can react in such cases.

c. yes there are scales for traffic tests based on traffic volumes. As testing 100 vistors on one domain that gets thousands per day is easy and fast to do, but a domain that only get 100 visits per month, would take over a year to test in the same way, so this is not viable to test in the same way.

Cheers
David

•••
Hi @Trellian I requested the possibility years ago to use records A instead of nameservers to setup domains with your system it was not possible.
is it now ?

Second question: Is there MX monetization with above ?

•••
•••
•••
I use them but i would like to find some others in case of they stop their offer. do you know some other ?

what kind of money do they pay? never heard of email parking before.

are there many other companies around?

does it at all relate to regular parking? as in, if you have quality parking domains, making some revenue, then those will make you more in email parking?

im curoius to find out more, cause obviously, its not something people talk about a lot.

•••
what kind of money do they pay? never heard of email parking before.

are there many other companies around?

does it at all relate to regular parking? as in, if you have quality parking domains, making some revenue, then those will make you more in email parking?

im curoius to find out more, cause obviously, its not something people talk about a lot.
they only monetize using mx records you can test them, you'll see within a few hours which domains you have are suitable.
You can setup records A to another parking company and continue to be pay by them.

•••
Hi @Trellian I requested the possibility years ago to use records A instead of nameservers to setup domains with your system it was not possible.
is it now ?

Second question: Is there MX monetization with above ?

Hi yes MX monetization is currently in place, where we are able to monetize this like parking companies to multiple solutions. We have mailboxpark included along with others, so we can earn more. MX monetization is part of our Maximizer so you need maximizer on for this to work. Also clients are able to request to be excluded if need be.

For the A recods, this is not something we are going to support as when there are ddos attacks we need to the ability to make changes and with A records that we do not control this is not possible. So this is just not a solution that is viable.

Cheers
David

•••
I wanted to give Mailboxpark a try, but was notified they're at capacity.

•••
Hi,

c. yes there are scales for traffic tests based on traffic volumes. As testing 100 vistors on one domain that gets thousands per day is easy and fast to do, but a domain that only get 100 visits per month, would take over a year to test in the same way, so this is not viable to test in the same way.

This seems to be the problem with parking optimization services.

Do you think it might be possible to increase performance for low traffic domains by NOT rotating? After all there is a cost to rotation, and parking companies already optimize on their end.

What do you think about allowing your users to set a default parking company for their low traffic domains?

•••
This seems to be the problem with parking optimization services.

Do you think it might be possible to increase performance for low traffic domains by NOT rotating? After all there is a cost to rotation, and parking companies already optimize on their end.

What do you think about allowing your users to set a default parking company for their low traffic domains?

that's what some companies
like you to believe:

that there is a kind of database for keywords
that a domain is about
and they preoptimize the ads
based on past knowledge

but that doesn't happen
at least not for my parking

but what happens a lot
is that I get a great CPC
at the first day that generates income
and after that no more
or only once in a while

that's my parking reality

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back