IT.COM

Anyone here using above.com to optimize Bodis/Pc/Voodoo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
been with PC mostly in past.. thinking of adding bodis and/or vodoo and optimize all of them on above.com

I prefer to keep maximizer off. cause I like my sale banners and sales are still more important to me than park revenue. so for discussions sake, let's say maximizer off.

anyone here doing this optimizing? is it good idea? does it even work? do you do 2 companies or 3? I heard 3 is not so good.

if I understood it correctly, if I was with PC most time in past, and now add say bodis, they'll be just sending small portion of trafic to bodis .. to test rpm..and if bigger than PC.. then they'll gradually switch.. while constantly in future continuing to test with smaller trafic where its best rpm. did I Get it right?

ty

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tried... Did not like their performance and/or optimization... Moved away...
Epik parking rotation did better (or maybe that domain was decent)...

•••
Tried... Did not like their performance and/or optimization... Moved away...
Epik parking rotation did better (or maybe that domain was decent)...

ty

epik has parking? how does that work? I guess you need domains on their registrar?

may I ask why you refer to single domain? ty

•••
epik has parking? how does that work? I guess you need domains on their registrar?
Yes. The domain needs to be registered with Epik

may I ask why you refer to single domain? ty
Cos of the previous reason. I only had 4 or so names out of which I only parked one. Earned me ~$10-$15 in a month or so... I don't remember

•••
I have domains parked at Epik. They pay 100% of parking revenue and they deposit the funds immediately into your account (Masterbucks).and visitors can instantly purchase the domain.

•••
I have domains parked at Epik. They pay 100% of parking revenue and they deposit the funds immediately into your account (Masterbucks).and visitors can instantly purchase the domain.

is it a parking system of their own design?? or they use another company? like I think afternic parking uses another park company for their parking (forgot name).

I guess better than asking you thousand questions about epik parked page looks and behaviour, I should ask you for a sample page link. here or by pm plz.

ty

•••
ok... as I thought.. for epik (chat excerpt):

Epik has built a unique parking solution that maximizes your parking revenue! We have partnered with some of the industry's dealing parking platforms, and automatically rotate your domains through each of them. We analyze the results to determine which parking platform brings in the most revenue for each domain in your portfolio, and then pairs them accordingly. This dynamic system helps ensure that your parked domains earn you as much money as possible.

I know one of the partnered companies is voodoo.

•••
so clearly they do not offer 100%. what they can offer is 100% to you after say voodoo or others take their cut. which is fine. thanks for sharing :)

anyone else using optimizer from above.com folks?

•••
•••
•••
anyone here doing this optimizing? is it good idea? does it even work? do you do 2 companies or 3? I heard 3 is not so good.
No, I don't need to optimize my domains on Bodis. They actually get type-in traffic every day.
For stats is way better to analyze organic traffic...

•••
Above.com prioritizes their partners (ParkingCrew) over other parking companies. Their technology doesn't work as advertised anymore. (n)

•••
Above.com prioritizes their partners (ParkingCrew) over other parking companies. Their technology doesn't work as advertised anymore. (n)

do u mind if I ask you how u know this

ty

•••
do u mind if I ask you how u know this
I have studied this business for eons :bookworm:, have thousands of domains :greedy:, and know how to program to analyze algorithms :glasses:.

•••
•••
The domain doesn't need to be registered at Epik. You just use the DNS and add it to your account.

@Slanted @robepik
Based on my last conversation with Epik support, they remove support for parking external domains. It used to be the way you described but isn't anymore (as per their statement)

•••
I have studied this business for eons :bookworm:, have thousands of domains :greedy:, and know how to program to analyze algorithms :glasses:.

I see.

well.. above.com is a company that promises to find best combination and optimization between the park companies they work with. but if you claim this fails because they have a closer association with parking crew than any other ones. then that is a very devastating statment for anyone who may want to rely on their services. which is why I asked you how you know it and if you are 100% sure of the accusation you are making

cheers
thanks

•••
Based on my last conversation with Epik support, they remove support for parking external domains. It used to be the way you described but isn't anymore (as per their statement)

Due to problems with click fraud, Epik has disabled parking for external domains by default. It is still possible to enable parking for external domains at Epik, though. And we do have customers who park external domains at Epik. Especially if they're established customers whom we know.

The concern arises if we allow new customers with no domains registered at Epik to park external domains. 95% are honest, but 5% aren't. Bad apples spoil the bunch, as they say. Based on this risk, we had to change the default setting and begin vetting.

•••
if you are 100% sure of the accusation you are making
Yes, it's not an accusation; it's based on empirical data.

•••
Yes, it's not an accusation; it's based on empirical data.

Hi that is not true at all.

We use existing parking stats as benchmark. So what ever you use currently will become your bench mark and then the rest of the parking services are tested. If you happen to start with ParkingCrew, then that is the bench mark that all other parking services need to beat.

If you start with Bodis, then those are the benchmarks that all others need to beat.

If you have no prior parking services, or you create brand new parking accounts everywhere, then we split the traffic evenly. Say you add 4 parking services, we send 25% traffic to each parking service and compare the results.

In cases where there is a benchmark and you add 3 or more parking services to compete with that existing one, we do test them in order of known performance on our system.

Say Sedo is currently doing better on some traffic, naturally it would be wise to test them 1st over others, right? and that is what our system does, tests those that are likely to perform better 1st and test others after that. So saying that PC is a preferred partner, which is not the case, is totally wrong and misleading.

Cheers
David

•••
Hi that is not true at all.

We use existing parking stats as benchmark. So what ever you use currently will become your bench mark and then the rest of the parking services are tested. If you happen to start with ParkingCrew, then that is the bench mark that all other parking services need to beat.

If you start with Bodis, then those are the benchmarks that all others need to beat.

If you have no prior parking services, or you create brand new parking accounts everywhere, then we split the traffic evenly. Say you add 4 parking services, we send 25% traffic to each parking service and compare the results.

In cases where there is a benchmark and you add 3 or more parking services to compete with that existing one, we do test them in order of known performance on our system.

Say Sedo is currently doing better on some traffic, naturally it would be wise to test them 1st over others, right? and that is what our system does, tests those that are likely to perform better 1st and test others after that. So saying that PC is a preferred partner, which is not the case, is totally wrong and misleading.

Cheers
David

thanks. that makes things much clearer.

does it work same way for tier2 (google blocked) doamins too? I assume yoru system can handle tier2 doamisn too and optimizes them also.

•••
Hi,

Yes non blocked or google blocked are treated the same way when optimizing, as each parking service has a different way that they monetize/optimize g blocked domains, so they also get tested in the same way.

Cheers
David

•••
If you happen to start with ParkingCrew, then that is the bench mark that all other parking services need to beat.
we do test them in order of known performance on our system
Kudos on the transparency. I'll emphasize these two quotes and leave it at that. :cigar:

•••
Hi

You should emphasize the whole post, not just 2 lines out of context.

At Above over the years, we have seen many players strive to be the best and out perform all others.

Originally Sedo used to be the clear leader,
then DomainSponsor was the top for a while,
then RookMedia took the mantle,
Parking Crew was next being the top winner of traffic overall,
but right now Sedo has the honor again.

In between many others took good chunks.

The end result is, there is no one Parking services that is preferred over one another that is not based on clear performance results. And even if there is a winner overall, many services just perform better on different types of traffic, so we take that into account as well.

Cheers
David

•••
Hi

You should emphasize the whole post, not just 2 lines out of context.

At Above over the years, we have seen many players strive to be the best and out perform all others.

Originally Sedo used to be the clear leader,
then DomainSponsor was the top for a while,
then RookMedia took the mantle,
Parking Crew was next being the top winner of traffic overall,
but right now Sedo has the honor again.

In between many others took good chunks.

The end result is, there is no one Parking services that is preferred over one another that is not based on clear performance results. And even if there is a winner overall, many services just perform better on different types of traffic, so we take that into account as well.

Cheers
David

there are not many people around np.. including some serious parking experts, who will agree with you that sedo is even worth a try. so I am not so sure who to believe. do you say this based on some overall stats you know of? I mean if you have the numbers, then its hard to argue with number.s

p.s. you did not mention bodis.. thoughts?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back