IT.COM

Anyone here using above.com to optimize Bodis/Pc/Voodoo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
been with PC mostly in past.. thinking of adding bodis and/or vodoo and optimize all of them on above.com

I prefer to keep maximizer off. cause I like my sale banners and sales are still more important to me than park revenue. so for discussions sake, let's say maximizer off.

anyone here doing this optimizing? is it good idea? does it even work? do you do 2 companies or 3? I heard 3 is not so good.

if I understood it correctly, if I was with PC most time in past, and now add say bodis, they'll be just sending small portion of trafic to bodis .. to test rpm..and if bigger than PC.. then they'll gradually switch.. while constantly in future continuing to test with smaller trafic where its best rpm. did I Get it right?

ty

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there are not many people around np.. including some serious parking experts, who will agree with you that sedo is even worth a try. so I am not so sure who to believe. do you say this based on some overall stats you know of? I mean if you have the numbers, then its hard to argue with number.s

p.s. you did not mention bodis.. thoughts?

Hi, at Above we have the numbers, we know exactly who is winning and what overall market share each parking service has. So yes this is based on actual numbers.

As for Bodis, they do OK, just not at the same levels as Sedo and ParkingCrew right now.

Cheers
David

•••
Hi, at Above we have the numbers, we know exactly who is winning and what overall market share each parking service has. So yes this is based on actual numbers.

As for Bodis, they do OK, just not at the same levels as Sedo and ParkingCrew right now.

Cheers
David

thanks.. is there anything you can say or comment in terms of explanation why sedo went from absolute bottom to one of top now?

•••
hi, they were never absolute bottom on our platform, they have always been in the top 5 out of 20 od different parking services we have had integrated. Maybe our users get a revenue boost there when they come through our platform.

Cheers
David

•••
hi, they were never absolute bottom on our platform, they have always been in the top 5 out of 20 od different parking services we have had integrated. Maybe our users get a revenue boost there when they come through our platform.

Cheers
David

the personal stories of countless namepros members say otherwise. they were the bottom of the bottom

I do not see a relation between goign to PC or sedo or elsewhere via your site.. versus goign there directly.. assuming maximizer is off, can you say on which grounds you are makign claim there is possibilty that going to say sedo via your site can increase revenue therein?

are you saying you have some special relation or ccontract with sedo.. as opposed to any other companies

thansk.

•••
Above.com prioritizes their partners (ParkingCrew) over other parking companies. Their technology doesn't work as advertised anymore. (n)

a few month ago they suddenly disabled
the forwarding of a domain

so I am left with a few hundred domains
having above.com nameservers
now no longer redirecting
not doing what I wanted them to do

above.com = big waste of time for me
not recommened at all by me

Last edited:
•••
the personal stories of countless namepros members say otherwise. they were the bottom of the bottom

I do not see a relation between goign to PC or sedo or elsewhere via your site.. versus goign there directly.. assuming maximizer is off, can you say on which grounds you are makign claim there is possibilty that going to say sedo via your site can increase revenue therein?

are you saying you have some special relation or ccontract with sedo.. as opposed to any other companies

thansk.

sedo has a PRO level parking program
if you are not at the pro level
you may not have the CPCs
you could have

to me parking with sedo always was competative
bodis always underperformed
and parking crew
gives me headache

•••
sedo has a PRO level parking program
if you are not at the pro level
you may not have the CPCs
you could have

bodis always underperformed
and parking crew
gives me headache

weird.. maybe it depends on your location.. I am north america yuo are europe... I know it sounds weird to say sedo park would work better if you're in euirope.. but weirdly enough also, we often here of europeans having more success selling domains on sedo too.. vs north amerians.. I am sure you heard this before. I know its kinda weird to say.. but truth can be weird too

and yes, I do have sedo parking pro.

I am not inventing it about poor sedo performance. no matter where you look on namepros, everyone will say sedo is no longer good company to park with. and its been years since it was competitive.

•••

so I am left with a few hundred domains
having above.com nameservers
now no longer redirecting
not doing what I wanted them to do

above.com = big waste of time for me
not recommened at all by me

I do like above.com because it allows me to control all trafioc from one place. of course like every other member out there I found the move to disable url forward recently to be selfish and greedy move, like when you keep giving nice food or nice bones to a dog for many years, and then suddenly say to the dog "no dog, today you have to start paying for your bone, or I give yuo rubber bone".

so now above.com only gives url redirect if you register domains with them.

but anyway.. its their place and their rules. all we can do is not agree. which we do not.

thaty being said, I stil like above.com because I can easily switch between park companies with one click and if you want url redirect you can go to bodis from above. it just makes things more complicated. their url redirect was great option! greed always gets us.

•••
weird.. maybe it depends on your location.. I am north america yuo are europe... I know it sounds weird to say sedo park would work better if you're in euirope.. but weirdly enough also, we often here of europeans having more success selling domains on sedo too.. vs north amerians.. I am sure you heard this before. I know its kinda weird to say.. but truth can be weird too

and yes, I do have sedo parking pro.

I am not inventing it about poor sedo performance. no matter where you look on namepros, everyone will say sedo is no longer good company to park with. and its been years since it was competitive.

I didn't say its good ;)
no way

•••
•••
I do like above.com because it allows me to control all trafioc from one place. of course like every other member out there I found the move to disable url forward recently to be selfish and greedy move, like when you keep giving nice food or nice bones to a dog for many years, and then suddenly say to the dog "no dog, today you have to start paying for your bone, or I give yuo rubber bone".

so now above.com only gives url redirect if you register domains with them.

but anyway.. its their place and their rules. all we can do is not agree. which we do not.

thaty being said, I stil like above.com because I can easily switch between park companies with one click and if you want url redirect you can go to bodis from above. it just makes things more complicated. their url redirect was great option! greed always gets us.

that will make me no longer use them
no matter what

they annulled the efforts of countless of my lifetime hours
with 1 stroke

and I don't become younger
unfortunately

•••
ahahha

well you said:

so i didn't think you meant it was bad! :)

competitive
but horrible ;)

to be clear
the all are sh tt !

but sedo is in the top 3

Last edited:
•••
competitive
but horrible ;)

to be clear
the all are sh tt !

but sedo is in the top 3

for me personally... the best performers are.. in order:

park crew
bodis
voodoo
sedo

I really do not make a lot of money from parking.. but I am only starting to learn and get my hands on some trafik making domains.
plus I do enjoy the thrill of finding trafik domains and watching stuff grow.
so to me making $5 per day is still a good start! :)
and its worth building on and making thread like this to ask how to optimize things best way. of course, to somoene who makes 5$ per month.. or 1$ per month... like the guy who wrote above that parking is dead.. or like most new domainers today.. then to those people this thread here is useless and pointless and means nothing. because its hard to optimize 5$ per month. so I understand them too...

•••
for me personally... the best performers are.. in order:

park crew
bodis
voodoo
sedo

I really do not make a lot of money from parking.. but I am only starting to learn and get my hands on some trafik making domains.
plus I do enjoy the thrill of finding trafik domains and watching stuff grow.
so to me making $5 per day is still a good start! :)
and its worth building on and making thread like this to ask how to optimize things best way. of course, to somoene who makes 5$ per month.. or 1$ per month... like the guy who wrote above that parking is dead.. or like most new domainers today.. then to those people this thread here is useless and pointless and means nothing. because its hard to optimize 5$ per month. so I understand them too...

parking is not dead for the parking companies

•••
parking is not dead for the parking companies

for sure... parking companies make money.. else they'd not be around.. the great thing when your parking company is: if you see your profits go down any month or year.. and you do not meet your expectations.. becaause overall revenue form parking google etc is going down.. no problem.. all you gotta do then is adjust the revenue share with yoru clients.. and boom.. your back on track!!! and the client will never know.. cause the client only gets what you give him.. without any proof of what a click was really worth when it was made.. form the ad providers.. so in this way, parking is not like godaddy auctions.. when I sell domain on gd auctions for 1000$ ... I know exactly what they're supposed to pay me. $800. and no one can change that number because the company make less profit one year than another year.

still there are people making all kindsof money today too

some make 100$ a monht.. some make $1000.. I know guy who makes 4 figures month after month .. and his best month ever was 11k in one month.

and no, it is unlikely he holds the world record in that department.
:)

•••
for sure... parking companies make money.. else they'd not be around.. the great thing when your parking company is: if you see your profits go down any month or year.. and you do not meet your expectations.. becaause overall revenue form parking google etc is going down.. no problem.. all you gotta do then is adjust the revenue share with yoru clients.. and boom.. your back on track!!! and the client will never know.. cause the client only gets what you give him.. without any proof of what a click was really worth when it was made.. form the ad providers.. so in this way, parking is not like godaddy auctions.. when I sell domain on gd auctions for 1000$ ... I know exactly what they're supposed to pay me. $800. and no one can change that number because the company make less profit one year than another year.

still there are people making all kindsof money today too

some make 100$ a monht.. some make $1000.. I know guy who makes 4 figures month after month .. and his best month ever was 11k in one month.

and no, it is unlikely he holds the world record in that department.
:)

there are people making money
thats why everybody is tempted to think they can too

but if there are too many variables
and the parking companies take this word "variables"
too literally

then you are bound to lose
as you have to invest
( buy domains ) first

false hope will prevent you find a better way
as you are kept busy

the one who will win is the parking company

google adwords has more customers then ever
and its a keyword auction

how in the world can this lead to lower
CPC in parking

( no answer needed - thanks )

•••
Hi Frank,

URL redirects at parking is viewed rather badly by google. As it was constantly abused and poor quality domain traffic was being redirected to other better performing domains. So this was not a greedy move, but a necessity.

I hope that helps explain the main reason why it was disabled.

Cheers
David

•••
Hi Frank,

URL redirects at parking is viewed rather badly by google. As it was constantly abused and poor quality domain traffic was being redirected to other better performing domains. So this was not a greedy move, but a necessity.

Cheers
David

I thought it was allowed if the domains were registered with you. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

•••
I thought it was allowed if the domains were registered with you. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

yes. but they now allow it for only domsins registered with above.com
before it was for all domains.

you have domains regged at above?

•••
Hi Frank,

Cheers
David

I don't think anyone here was talking about url redirect to parked pages.
if you want to go to a parked page you just pick the park company you want.
not url redirect to it.

url redirects were used by people like me or Frank to say go to a forsale lander of godady.. or afternic.. or to my own webpage.

•••
@alcy, that's what I'm saying. In David's reply that detail wasn't mentioned. So, it was a necessity to cease redirection for all but those registered with Above.com. I think that's where @frank-germany remark of greed was directed.

..just want to have the facts straight.

EDIT: yes, I have a couple registered with them.

Last edited:
•••
@alcy, that's what I'm saying. In David's reply that detail wasn't mentioned. So, it was a necessity to cease redirection for all but those registered with Above.com. I think that's where @frank-germany remark of greed was directed.

..just want to have the facts straight.

EDIT: yes, I have a couple registered with them.

the greed remark came from me.
but, yes, I do think Frank agreed with that part.
as many others would too no doubt.

and yes, sorry, I didn't think of it. clearly, if somehow someone abused url redirects, to do whatever, then clearly they can now ccontinue to do so with domains registered at above.com

therefore you are right, and David's explanation would need some readjustment and modification imo as well.

thanks

•••
the greed remark came from me.
but, yes, I do think Frank agreed with that part.
as many others would too no doubt.

and yes, sorry, I didn't think of it. clearly, if somehow someone abused url redirects, to do whatever, then clearly they can now ccontinue to do so with domains registered at above.com

therefore you are right, and David's explanation would need some readjustment and modification imo as well.

thanks

if someone wants to redirect traffic to a parked domain
he doesn't need above's redirect feature to do so

@Trellian
lame
really lame

I am not taking about peanuts
but countless of my lifetime hours wasted
with 1 stroke
none of my redirects was used to redirect to a parked page

ridiculous answer

but if I think for a minute that this would be true:

as you are not the affected parking company
and not the owner of the affected parked account
why is it YOU that feels forced to perform a "solution" ?

a solution that affects EVERY user of above nameservers
for redirect .

lame.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

@frank-germany

I did not say you were the one using it the wrong way, we just had to do it as there were some that were and this was very much against parking and google policies.

And sorry that you spent time on setting this up, but I do not see why it is a Lame reason to have to protect your whole service for "all our clients" and keep our partners and G happy. At the end of the day they can make our lives very hard, so a single feature had to be removed, so that we could continue to offer this free service.

Cheers
David

•••
As for registrar, this is a function that many registrars offer and that is a function that was not required to be removed. Yes a bit of a contradiction, but at least you have someway to use this function in a way that is compliant. At the registrar level we also have more control and we can suspend DNS and or even delete domains or request for them to be transferred out if need be. I know of many cases where we have removed DNS and asked for domains to be transferred out.

But this whole topic is off thread, this is supposed to be about Optimizing parking services, not about a function that has nothing to do with that, so maybe get back on point please.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back