NameSilo

Anyone else battling with Ebates over their GoDaddy deal?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
As many of you know, Ebates offered 14% discount on purchases up to $5,000 last weekend. Transfers were not on their list of excluded items, so I loaded up. Now they're trying to wiggle out of their offer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't have that issue I use swagbucks. lol

•••
•••
heck no but according to your post neither does anyone after the weekend promo either. Guess difference is you can do things without buying to earn more points with swagbucks.

•••
Ebates is going to pay or get sued. 5% doesn't seem worth the hassle.

•••
Bump -- anyone else doing ebates?

•••
So whatever happened with this? Did they ultimately pay you?

Note - that if you purchased 6 or more transfers at once, they won't have to pay. To get their cashback you need to do 5 or less at a time.

•••
So whatever happened with this? Did they ultimately pay you?

Note - that if you purchased 6 or more transfers at once, they won't have to pay. To get their cashback you need to do 5 or less at a time.

At the time, transfers were NOT on their excluded list, but essentially they said they "meant" it to be... because that's how businesses operate, right? They never hold people to the letter of a contract.. haha!

But there are new battles. I have several order they have refused because they had 4 or 5 renewals or purchases and they claim it to be 6 or more. They LITERALLY are claiming to be excused from paying because Godaddy employees can't count to 5. IN WRITING.

Their newest is to claim I used a "promotion code" when none is used, and the invoice and receipt clearly show that none was used, so now I have literally videotaped the placing of orders showing that there is no promotion code used, and then have them make the excuse that it was.

This has clearly crossed the line into a case of fraud, and I will begin shopping for a lawyer when I have about a dozen videotapes directly connected to orders where they decline payment on the false accusation that I used a promo code.

Ebates is pointing the finger at Godaddy for the excuses, so it's a little more complicated, but at this point they owe me about $5,000 so it's worth a few trips to court, and to the TV stations to show how ebates is screwing people over.

•••
This is why I use swagbucks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back