Dynadot

Any problems with eBay? People bidding and then reporting for shill bidding

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have been offloading some of my names on Ebay and have had an issue with people there. Any one else? These people bid on my names and when they don't like the price they just don't pay. I have blocked the person below but now I have another person saying the same thing...btw my names have been selling for well under market price. I am hybrid nonprofit on ebay in case you are curious
upload_2019-5-27_11-26-23.png

upload_2019-5-27_11-27-7.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In general at eBay anything you sell is going to sell at rock bottom prices but most anything you list with no reserve no matter what it is will sell. eBay is where cheapskates look to buy cheap and who will complain mightily about shipping charges or sales tax even if they underpaid for whatever they bought.

Or may complain about something or other. As you have discovered for yourself.

Last edited:
•••
Or may complain about something or other. As you have discovered for yourself.
Yes just very odd. So ebay no longer a legit place to sell? I have been having problems on buying and selling side with them recently

•••
eBay is best for sale of items with universal value, with high demand, such as say a MacBook Pro of a certain model that everyone might agree is worth a certain amount. For such items the bidders won't let the price drop much below market value.

eBay is less useful for sale of more unique items, where it is difficult to gauge market value.

I know you probably figured, well, four letter dot coms are pretty liquid, there must be high demand for them, but high demand among domainers and high demand among the general public are often two different things.

Last edited:
•••
makes sense. tbh I haven't ever had this problem before selling these types of names in the past which is why it is so odd for me. Thanks for the advice. No more ebay for me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back