IT.COM

Any one use Groupon affiliate or others like it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am trying to get some insight on the Groupon affiliate program. I have read some testimonials on their website and some other reviews on Google, but I am looking to make a deals website that provides cheap deals. I know Groupon is one of the best so if anyone has experience with this please let me know.

Also if there is a better affiliate program that I could use please let me know!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Groupon's OK, if your visitors are looking for local deals. You can use their widget or customize and promote specific deals.

If you want to do a general online deals site, sign with multiple merchants and use their coupon feeds (or sign with a service that cleans up the feeds for you).

•••
Groupon's OK, if your visitors are looking for local deals. You can use their widget or customize and promote specific deals.

If you want to do a general online deals site, sign with multiple merchants and use their coupon feeds (or sign with a service that cleans up the feeds for you).

Any examples as to who the general deal sites/merchants are? Also would they be able to work in correlation with Groupon?

•••
Most merchants have coupons and offers, some more than others. You sign up with various merchants' programs. Preferably ones that offer a data feed of their coupons - a formatted file which is updated when their offers change. You load it into a database, your site queries your database and formats the coupon data on the page..

You can also get coupon feeds through datafeed management programs like GoldenCan, Popshops, Sellfire, etc. This is easier than managing the feeds yourself, but there are tradeoffs in customization and flexibility - and usually a fee. GoldenCan is free but uses a "4th click" policy for most of their merchants.

Note that if you use one of these feed manager programs you still have to sign up with the merchants' affiliate programs independently.

•••
Most merchants have coupons and offers, some more than others. You sign up with various merchants' programs. Preferably ones that offer a data feed of their coupons - a formatted file which is updated when their offers change. You load it into a database, your site queries your database and formats the coupon data on the page..

You can also get coupon feeds through datafeed management programs like GoldenCan, Popshops, Sellfire, etc. This is easier than managing the feeds yourself, but there are tradeoffs in customization and flexibility - and usually a fee. GoldenCan is free but uses a "4th click" policy for most of their merchants.

Note that if you use one of these feed manager programs you still have to sign up with the merchants' affiliate programs independently.

Ok, great. Thanks for the help. That all sounds a little advanced because I'm new to this but I'm sure I can figure it out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back