Dynadot

Any negative effects from GoldKey Partner Links?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have many domains parked at Goldkey.com. I have all of my "solar energy" names there--over 100 of them. I also have a site I've developed called AltEnergyToday.com.

GoldKey lets you set up "Partners" for a parked site, which simply means I can set up reciprocal links on each parked page. So, I've been going through my solar energy parked domains and setting up reciprocal links with AltEnergyToday.com I've done around 25 so far. So AltEnergyToday.com now has around 25-30 inbound links.

Before I continue to do more links, my question is, is there a downside to this? Do the search engines dislike links from parked domains? Will they treat this like a link farm? If so, is it safe to have a small number like I have so far?

Any input is appreciated!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I just joined GoldKey, How do I do this?

•••
ZuraX said:
I just joined GoldKey, How do I do this?

At the bottom of your parked page you'll see "Partners Directory." Here you will add your reciprocal links.

On Goldkey.com go to Domains/Link Exchange to view your exchanges.

•••
I don't think search engines dislike links from parked pages. Otherwise everyone who is advertising on such sites is doing bad business.

I don't know however if search engines will rank your site higher when you link from these. For google I'm pretty sure they will not. Others maybe. You'll need links from higher ranked pages (google won't give pagerank to parked pages normally).

Perhaps consider being listed in dmoz, yahoo etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back