Another scam letter "Elite Investment Group"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VisualArtistFrankBonilla

Visual Artist Frank BonillaVIP Member
Impact
Just recived this scam letter:

Hello,

We buy and sell domains and web pr®jects. What is your price for the domain?

If you have other domains for sale feel free to send your list.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,

Brian Samuelson

CEO

WHC Web Hosting Consulting & Investment LLC

I looked them up on the internet, and here they are::

Domain valuation scam targets Sedo users « That Danny!

Of course, I knew it was scam right off. :zzz: Not even a good scam letter.

Frank

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just got one the other day as well from [email protected]

Hi Kristina,

Can you accept 25,000 USD?

I have a 45,000 USD budget for 8-10 domain names. Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? Without a valuation certificate we cannot be sure in the sale price. Moreover, my accountant and tax services always ask for valaution certificates :). On the other side, it's very important for me in terms of reselling too. Of course, we must engage a valuation company with a REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my accountant trust.

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations. Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name? Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
another spam from elitehostingnet

I lost USD 77, and after I complain and for refund to namesaleshop.com , Ross Davis ( [email protected]) blocking my email address.:!:

•••
@cemoet: Let's pray for this frauders get something bad in his life. I think there is no hope to get our money back, just ignore all business/offer request from every Russian people, never trust them anymore.

•••
Perhaps there is. SWREG is part of DigitalRiver.com which just happens to be located about 20 miles from where I live! I just talked to them and they say that when fraud is involved they will issue a refund.

Please send a fax to +1-952-253-8760 and send them the billing statement and a message that describes the situation. I would also add a link to this thread. Also send them your phone number and email address so they can contact you with any questions.

Also put down that we talked to Mark in customer service Line #4 on 7/1/10 at 8:45 CST.

If a fax is difficult for you they said you can also email them at [email protected].

If anyone else has been tricked into ordering appraisals from this company or any other that uses SWREG for payment processing, you should follow the same steps.

Last edited:
•••
@nielsencl: Many thanks for your help, I really appreciated it. I can fax document/email which one do they prefer?

•••
I think they prefer the fax, since you can send the copy of the statement from SWREG. Good Luck!!!

•••
I already send fax to +1-952-253-8760 with situation, receipt, proof, and reference: my friends talked to Mark in customer service Line #4 on 7/1/10 at 8:45 CST. let see the result :hehe: many thanks nielsen :hearts:

•••
I got this one a few minutes ago and replied back with a billion dollar price and a sweet finger.

Hello,

We have an offer for your domain name. What is your asking price?

Our company invests in domains and developed sites. In case you have a
list of domains for sale, please send the list with prices in plain text.
We prefer "dot coms" and easy-to-remember names.

Regards,

Mark Leighton

President

The Name Professionals LLC

•••
That's great. I hope you mentioned this thread on NamePros. That will really make them frustrated. :)

•••
another from elitewebhosting and bestdomain expert

I tried to ask the refund from them, but until now no respond about them, this is another proof that they are involved.

from vania susanto <[email protected]>
to [email protected]
cc [email protected]
date Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 8:48 PM
subject Complain and refund
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details Jun 29 (2 days ago)
Hi,
I want to report fraud and ask for refund my money for the domain appraisal.
SWREG ORDER NUMBER :E1157633001 ( USD 76.28 ).
I want to tell you the fact, I think you should know about it because I’m sure that your company not doing for this scamming, but it may be the appraisers which can ruin your company reputation.
On May 27, I got an email from someone who called himself Ross Davis, President from Investing from Elite Web Hosting Solutions, LLC. He write that he interested in buying my domain that I sell on Sedo.com, but he ask me domain appraisal in: bestdomainexperts.com . So I paid service for domain name appraisal on these web (USD 76.28) at May 28, 2010, SWREG ORDER NUMBER: E1157633001. After the incident I just realized that I was the victim of a fraud scam, as proof I also find a link that contains the same incident/warning as I have (link: thatdanny[ . ]com -valuation domain-scam-targets-sedo-users /)
ALL APPRAISAL COMPANIES that use subcontractors or have an affiliate programs need to provide this warning to domain sellers.
In this case I didn’t get warning about this kind of scam.
So, please I ask for the refund of my money.

From vania susanto <[email protected]>
to Research Appraisal <[email protected]>
cc [email protected],
[email protected]
date Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 1:55 PM
subject Re: Complain and refund
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details Jun 30 (2 days ago)
Hi,
Thank you for your respond.
I also want to ask refund my money for the domain appraisal.

SWREG ORDER NUMBER: E1157633001 , USD 76.28
Please refund my money.
If you want copies of emails from Elite web hosting as proof, I can send it to you.

Thanks

Vania Susanto

2010/6/30 Research Appraisal <[email protected]>
- Show quoted text -

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
HURAY!! SWREG just refund me! thanks god and thanks nielsencl for helping me :loveyou::loveyou::hehe:

•••
HURAY!! SWREG just refund me! thanks god and thanks nielsencl for helping me :loveyou::loveyou::hehe:

Wow that great. I also want my money back. I hope you can tell step by step what should i do to get my money back. I want full refund. Please :(

•••
Anyone that was tricked into getting an appraisal should follow the instructions in my previous post. Make sure you tell SWREG all the details and send them copies of the emails you got from the person that said you needed to get an appraisal.

•••
I too received a similar message from Mark Leighton, the President of The Name Professionals LLC.

Is this a scam?

Mr Leighton appears to be a member of this forum, as his email address uses the Namespro like URL: [email protected]

So is Mr Leighton a scammer?

I am new here so I would like to know as to what is going on here.

Can the Admin please advise?

Thanks a lot

•••
TheNamePros.com is not the same as NamePros.com.

I cannot advise you as to who is a scammer and who is not. But I can tell you that any buyer that asks a seller to pay for a domain appraisal is either a scammer or a newbie that does not know the value of a domain name they are interested in buying. The former is much more likely than the latter. :)

•••
I got one similar to you as well, Thanks for the confirmation of what I was thinking.. SCAM

•••
Great! But if you get one of these emails, please consider reporting it as SPAM. That will help to shut them down. If you are unsure how to report spam effectively, send me a PM and I can tell what works best.

•••
I've already send an email to [email protected] with the situation, email that trick me to get an appraisal, billing statement with SWREG, email from the scammer after i ask for a refund and reference: my friends talked to Mark in customer service Line #4 on 7/1/10 at 8:45 CST. I hope i also can get a refund like <ahooy>. Waiting for the result. :D

•••
SWREG REFUND MY MONEY !!!!!
Thanks a lot to Nielsencl and ahooy for help and give me information :bingo:

•••
SWREG REFUND MY MONEY !!!!!
Thanks a lot to Nielsencl and ahooy for help and give me information :bingo:

They replay my email. But i still don't get the refund from SWREG. They say, they will ask the vendor to contact me. :'(
Help me...:'(

•••
Please get your facts straight or you will appear stupid. TheNamePros.com and NamePros.com are NOT, NOT, NOT the same site or the same owners:
thenamepros.com is registered until 23-Jun-2011

Registrar whois lookup (whois.godaddy.com)
James Whitham
12 Regent Close Saxton Road
Hull, Willerby HU10 6HJ
United Kingdom

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy)
Domain Name: THENAMEPROS.COM
Created on: 23-Jun-10
Expires on: 23-Jun-11
Last Updated on: 23-Jun-10

Administrative Contact:
Whitham, James [email protected]
Hull, Willerby HU10 6HJ United Kingdom

Technical Contact:
Whitham, James [email protected]
Hull, Willerby HU10 6HJ United Kingdom

Domain servers in listed order:
NS49.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS50.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

======================================
namepros.com is registered until 04-Jan-2016

Registrar whois lookup (whois.enom.com)
namepros.com

Registrant Contact:
Ronald James ()
P.O.Box55
Pinole, CA 94564 US

Administrative Contact:
Ronald James (ron2 [anti-spam graphic] ron2.com)
510-931-5515
P.O.Box55
Pinole, CA 94564 US

Technical Contact:
Ronald James (ron2 [anti-spam graphic] ron2.com)
510-931-5515
P.O.Box55
Pinole, CA 94564 US

Name Servers:
dns1.name-services.com
dns2.name-services.com

Creation date: 04 Jan 2003 02:13:14
Expiration date: 04 Jan 2016 02:13:14

Note that Namepros.com has been registered since 2003 while thenamepros.com was registered this year on June 23rd.

•••
You can ban me but I will post about appraisal scam on Namepros everywhere
It never occured to you that thenamepros.com has nothing to do with namepros.com whatsoever, but the aim is to create confusion ?
Plus, these scammers are changing domain names all the time if you did not notice :zzz:

•••
Has anyone received the following spam and scam from NamePros:

Dear NamePros member,

You have received this email because you advertised your domains for sale on the NamePros forum.

NamePros.com is the leading domain forum. Thank you for choosing NamePros - Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names.

Our team of professionals has found a buyer for your domain name. He is ready to pay $20,000 for your domain. But in order to proceed further you should pay us $100 for our services to our PayPal account at [email protected].

Please send us this money at [email protected] within 24 hours for our selling services.

As soon as we receive this payment we will help you with the transfer.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,

Michael Pipiskin

COO of NamePros

NamePros - The leading Domain Forum
========================================================
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.
========================================================

•••
"scamfighter" who sent that email? what domain was it sent from?

•••
uh huh then please post the message source info and let's see. I got an email from thenamepros and it originated in russia

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back