56 Gloucester Rd., Suite 526
London, England
SW7 4UB

Their website:
Domain Renewal Group - Domains, Web Hosting, and Excellent Customer Service

Their phone number:
1-905-479-2533

Hi,

This morning I received a letter by post. It had my name and address on it and was send by scammers who call themselves domain renewal group.

They want to renew my domain and charge me £20 for one year renewal or a .org domain. To get the domain renewed I would have to agree to transfer my domain to these crooks. But this is hidden in the fine print.

The letter creates the impression as if it was send by the registrar, which it isn't. These people are a reseller and I think they should be reported to the registrar and icann. I will also contact namecheap and let them now some scammers are trying to steal their customers.

My domain is a .org domain registered with namecheap and there is more than 4 months until renewal time. What I don't understand is, how did they get my name and address. I have whois guard enabled on namecheap. I have checked whois data on a few places and at registry level and the whois guard is definitely enabled.

These scammers are targeting the clueless domain owners who does't have much idea how this works. They also want your credit card number and signature.

Here is is a screenshots:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6729/scamdrg.jpg

You have been warned.
Erdinc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back