Another scam letter "Elite Investment Group"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VisualArtistFrankBonilla

Visual Artist Frank BonillaVIP Member
Impact
Just recived this scam letter:

Hello,

We buy and sell domains and web pr®jects. What is your price for the domain?

If you have other domains for sale feel free to send your list.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,

Brian Samuelson

CEO

WHC Web Hosting Consulting & Investment LLC

I looked them up on the internet, and here they are::

Domain valuation scam targets Sedo users « That Danny!

Of course, I knew it was scam right off. :zzz: Not even a good scam letter.

Frank

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi....I'm new to domaining by about 3 days and this is what he sent me.... so, for newbies like me, thanks for giving us all a heads up....

I have a 35,000 USD budget for 5-8 domain names. Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? Without a valuation certificate we cannot be sure in the sale price. Moreover, my accountant and tax services always ask for valaution certificates :). On the other side, it's very important for me in terms of reselling too. Of course, we must engage a valuation company with a REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my accountant trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies. Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and buyers:

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations. Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name? Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Hi....I'm new to domaining by about 3 days and this is what he sent me.... so, for newbies like me, thanks for giving us all a heads up....

No problem man ... i am glad you where saved and i hope more people will be spared too.

•••
ahhh the exact same email message & sender i got just now. im glad google and domain forums like namepros exist. lol.

•••
This guy is a complete scumbag c**t, love to smash him, heres my little back and forth with him, seems he wont get lured into getting scammed himself:

Hello,
>
> How much do you ask for this domain for sale?
>
> Our company invests in domains and developed web sites. If you have other
> domains for sale feel free to send your list.
>
> Looking forward to do business with you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrew Stolz
>
> Vice President

------------------------

Hi Andrew, thanks for the email.

Im not overly sure at present. I have many domains which are available. However as I dont have a selling price in mind, is suggest we got them appraised and went from there?

-------------------------

I have a 35,000 USD budget for 5-8 domain names. Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? Without a valuation certificate we cannot be sure in the sale price. Moreover, my accountant and tax services always ask for valaution certificates :). On the other side, it's very important for me in terms of reselling too. Of course, we must engage a valuation company with a REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my accountant trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies. Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and buyers:

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations. Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name? Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Looking forward to your reply.

--------------------

Ok great. Sounds good. I checked out the site and the appriasal companies look good.

I have 8+ Domains I think you will be interested in, as they are all based around forex and from 4-5 letters each, alike to the alpfx one you orginally contacted me about. Id suggest we get each of these appraised.

8 domains for 5k a peice = 40k, and as a bulk buy I could give you the 5k discount to bring it to 35k.

Its going to cost me around 640 or so to get them all appriased properly.

Which im happy to do, considering the size of the sale, however this is quite an outlay for me at present, so id suggest the only fair way to go about this is for you to pay 50% of the appraisals, the sum of which I will take off the total sale cost of all domains. As long as you are definetely interested in ALPFX, then we will both get our 50% back anyway.

As soon as you transfer me $320 I will go ahead and get these appraised and we can get moving onwards with the sale, id like to close this no later than the end of this week, so if that suits your DD on the domains after appriasal then great.

Look forward to working with you.

--------------------

No transfers upfront.

There will be no deal without appraisal from a trusted source. This simple
rule has saved me a lot of money and time. So I hope you will change your
position. Let's do business the right way.

--------------------

Sure a trusted source is fine by me, but as i mentioned, I only have enough spare at present to run to around half the cost of all appriasals. I guess I could find 75% of it if thats ok with you, but thats literally my maximum available right now. Hence why I need the transfer from you before I can get the domains appraised.

Lets get this moving and do business the right way.

-------------------

------------------------------

Rules are there to be broken imo, basically you either want the domain/s or you dont. Ill be honest this simple rule (getting a downpayment of sorts) has saved me alot of money and time aswell, simply put if you cant fork out for 25% of the appraisals, then your right there will be no deal. If your a true business man then you will see it makes sense, Im willing to pay 75% so around $450 you simply need to pay around $150 and we can move ahead.

The sooner we can get this done the better, to save us both some time. Lets do business the right way and close this deal.

------------

He gave up after that one, which was a shame because I was just going to get very abusive in the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
everyone that gets one report it here, bad move using godaddy if the email is really coming from that domain as I think if enough people report it they will lock it, make sure you copy the full email with header, I don't have one personally to view the header.

https://supportcenter.godaddy.com/Abuse/SpamReport.aspx?ci=9077

Last edited:
•••
SpareDomains,
i used sedo not godaddy...just thought i'd let u know

•••
SpareDomains,
i used sedo not godaddy...just thought i'd let u know

point being the domain in question is elitenethosting.com and is registered at godaddy so if the emails are truly from that domain that is only 2 months old reporting it to godaddy can get it shut down for fraud spamming, just make sure you send them the full email including header so they can see if it is truly coming from that domain, also using their private whois for a fraud appraisal service, I'm sure he will just register another domain and start again but if everyone that receives this email reports it with the full header attached then maybe they might look into his whole account as well.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

just paste something like this into the abuse form...

Received this email which is apparently a scam that shows an intent to buy a domain from you and then they say you have to get an appraisal done at a certain company which they run. So they have no intention to ever buy a domain from you they just wanna make money off of appraisals. The domain in question is elitenethosting.com and reports of others can be found here...

http://www.namepros.com/warnings-and-alerts/659552-stolz-elitenethosting-com-scam.html

also using your private whois on it to conceal their fraudulent activity. Thanks, (your name here)

followed by the full email with header attached

Last edited:
•••
point being the domain in question is elitenethosting.com and is registered at godaddy so if the emails are truly from that domain that is only 2 months old reporting it to godaddy can get it shut down for fraud spamming, just make sure you send them the full email including header so they can see if it is truly coming from that domain, also using their private whois for a fraud appraisal service, I'm sure he will just register another domain and start again but if everyone that receives this email reports it with the full header attached then maybe they might look into his whole account as well.

good point ... but he will just change the domain name so ... might be better off by not reporting it.

•••
good point ... but he will just change the domain name so ... might be better off by not reporting it.

considering it would take 30 seconds to paste the email in with headers I disagree, and godaddy is tough on this stuff so if enough people reported it they might look well past the 1 domain and analyze the whole account and remove the private whois if being used for fraud, let me get one today and I'll be on the phone in 1 minute with my executive account rep breaking it down for him to review, I'm not a violent person but anyplace, anytime I would enjoy beating someone down who's only goal is to scam a newbie.

•••
considering it would take 30 seconds to paste the email in with headers I disagree, and godaddy is tough on this stuff so if enough people reported it they might look well past the 1 domain and analyze the whole account and remove the private whois if being used for fraud, let me get one today and I'll be on the phone in 1 minute with my executive account rep breaking it down for him to review, I'm not a violent person but anyplace, anytime I would enjoy beating someone down who's only goal is to scam a newbie.

True ... but cant he like go to a new register ... there are so many.
... i sent an email to godaddy with domain and link of this thread.

•••
This guy is a complete scumbag c**t, love to smash him, heres my little back and forth with him, seems he wont get lured into getting scammed himself:

Hello,
>
> How much do you ask for this domain for sale?
>
> Our company invests in domains and developed web sites. If you have other
> domains for sale feel free to send your list.
>
> Looking forward to do business with you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrew Stolz
>
> Vice President

------------------------

Hi Andrew, thanks for the email.

Im not overly sure at present. I have many domains which are available. However as I dont have a selling price in mind, is suggest we got them appraised and went from there?

-------------------------

Looking forward to your reply.

--------------------

Ok great. Sounds good. I checked out the site and the appriasal companies look good.

I have 8+ Domains I think you will be interested in, as they are all based around forex and from 4-5 letters each, alike to the alpfx one you orginally contacted me about. Id suggest we get each of these appraised.

8 domains for 5k a peice = 40k, and as a bulk buy I could give you the 5k discount to bring it to 35k.

Its going to cost me around 640 or so to get them all appriased properly.

Which im happy to do, considering the size of the sale, however this is quite an outlay for me at present, so id suggest the only fair way to go about this is for you to pay 50% of the appraisals, the sum of which I will take off the total sale cost of all domains. As long as you are definetely interested in ALPFX, then we will both get our 50% back anyway.

As soon as you transfer me $320 I will go ahead and get these appraised and we can get moving onwards with the sale, id like to close this no later than the end of this week, so if that suits your DD on the domains after appriasal then great.

Look forward to working with you.

--------------------

No transfers upfront.

--------------------

Sure a trusted source is fine by me, but as i mentioned, I only have enough spare at present to run to around half the cost of all appriasals. I guess I could find 75% of it if thats ok with you, but thats literally my maximum available right now. Hence why I need the transfer from you before I can get the domains appraised.

Lets get this moving and do business the right way.

-------------------

------------------------------

Rules are there to be broken imo, basically you either want the domain/s or you dont. Ill be honest this simple rule (getting a downpayment of sorts) has saved me alot of money and time aswell, simply put if you cant fork out for 25% of the appraisals, then your right there will be no deal. If your a true business man then you will see it makes sense, Im willing to pay 75% so around $450 you simply need to pay around $150 and we can move ahead.

The sooner we can get this done the better, to save us both some time. Lets do business the right way and close this deal.

------------

He gave up after that one, which was a shame because I was just going to get very abusive in the next one.

lol tommyguns that was funny trying to scam back a scammer. i wish he would have fallen for it though :laugh:

•••
lol tommyguns that was funny trying to scam back a scammer. i wish he would have fallen for it though :laugh:

That would have been sad.

•••
I have this scam letter too. Email is [email protected]

Hello,

We have an offer for your domain name. What is your asking price?

Our company invests in domains and developed sites. In case you have a
list of domains for sale, please send the list with prices in plain text.
We prefer "dot coms" and easy-to-remember names.

Regards,

Michael Hardeman

CEO

Internet Name Investing & Hosting

------
DualLifeInsurance.com

•••
Just received an email. Seems like he is targetting all 3 letters extensions just like many spammers

from [email protected]
to [email protected]
date Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 3:48 AM
subject ---.biz (sent 06/15/10)

hide details 3:48 AM (9 hours ago)

Hello,

Regards,

Michael Hardeman

CEO

========================================================
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.
========================================================

•••
Warning

Yes guys... seriously be aware of these "two guys":
Andrew Stolz, [email protected]
Michael Hardeman, [email protected]

...Probably the same guy though :)
Hate scammers.....

Last edited:
•••
I merely replied with a link to this page.
------

Hello,

Regards,

Jay Pressman

CEO

•••
received scam email today

Thank goodness for research. I just added a bunch of names to Sedo, and received the Jay Pressman BS email tonight. Their domain wasn't active, which seemed strange, so a Google search led me here. What a bunch of crap.

I replied with, "Biggest scam ever. No thanks."

•••
elite hosting

hello everybody,

i already did a lot of searching around this subject, as i was one of the victms, and i am coming to one very sad conclusion: this elite hosting company can be one person or robot related to sedo.com :(
it is funny that i created my account with sedo.com and added a few domains and around a week later i received this letter from this company.
HOW DID THEY KNOW ABOUT ME?
i have also read some comments of other victms and they all said that this kind of email arrived AFTER they have added domains to sedo.com!!!!

This is really very strange and i would like all of you to please help me find out if sedo has something to do with it or not, because this can be a huge scandal to them!

i have paid sedo the appraisal of one of my domains so i lost some euros for nothing :(

anyway, lets ups forces together and lets stop with this kind of bullshit!

cheers[

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

hello everybody,

i already did a lot of searching around this subject, as i was one of the victms, and i am coming to one very sad conclusion: this elite hosting company can be one person or robot related to sedo.com
it is funny that i created my account with sedo.com and added a few domains and around a week later i received this letter from this company.
HOW DID THEY KNOW ABOUT ME?
i have also read some comments of other victms and they all said that this kind of email arrived AFTER they have added domains to sedo.com!!!!

This is really very strange and i would like all of you to please help me find out if sedo has something to do with it or not, because this can be a huge scandal to them!

i have paid sedo the appraisal of one of my domains so i lost some euros for nothing

anyway, lets ups forces together and lets stop with this kind of bullshit!

cheers[

•••
Andrew Stolz as described by previous posters, this is our conversation so far....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 12:02 AM
To: 'Andrew Stolz'
Subject: RE: AZSH.com - RE: Selling domain - RE: AZSH.COM (sent 06/03/10)

Andrew;

If you are interested in an appraisal, YOU should do the appraisal at your own expense.

However, Regardless of the appraisal report, I'm NOT selling AZSH.com unless I get the minimum amount stated before.

Thank you!
Lucia

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 11:37 PM
To: Lucia
Subject: Re: AZSH.com - RE: Selling domain - RE: AZSH.COM (sent 06/03/10)

I see, but it's a standard practice to show independent valuation to
buyers/resellers. Nobody will do business without it. I'm a businessman and
have no intention of changing rules which help both parties to avoid
additional risks.

Of course, investors never take into account auto-generated valuations. So
manual valuation is a "must" too.

I read the following information about appraisals at:
Domain Talk

Without the independent valuation from a trusted source we don't spend a
penny. This is our financial policy. So our offer is just a rought estimate.
If the appraisal comes higher we are ready to offer a bit more. If it comes
lower we will discuss the price with you again.

Thank you for understanding. I'm looking forward to do business with you.

•••
I doubt I received the scam email from an affiliate of Sedo.com...

The scammer merely sees that your website is up for auction (as anyone can do), so they grab an email from the domain's whois registry, seeing it as an opportunity.

•••
Everybody can browse lists of newly registered domains.

•••
I doubt SEDO is involved unless they have an affiliate program for their apprasials. Please post the links you get in the emails from the scammers. In my case my domains are NOT at SEDO.

If you are scammed, ask the scammer for your money back. If they refused, tell them about this thread and that you are going to contact the payment company. If they still refuse, contact the payment company, the scammer's hosting company, and the domain registrar for the scammer's domain. Tell them your story and the link to this thread. Everyone needs to complain as much as possible to stop this kind of thing...!

And please do not confuse other apprasial scams with this one. If the domains, emails, and web sites in this thread do not match those you have received, search for one that does or start a new thread. Thanks!

•••
Got one today --

Hello,

Regards,

Jay Pressman

CEO

I was excited at first but decided to do research to avoid being scammed and I found this thread. Thank God. Who does this person think he is?

•••
Report him to his ISP and see if they like what he is doing. At the very least these emails are spam and most hosting providers will close their account if they get enough complaints. Has anyone besides me reported them? If not,why haven't you????????? :)

•••
Got this exact message the other day after joining Sedo.com

I did partially fall for it but did not have my domains valued with them, i went to godaddy instead!

Any emails from Elitenethosting.com or bestdomainexperts.com is a scam!

Apparently this guy has been in prison before for stealing domains...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back