Another email from FreeSiteWorth

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HoloNames

Restricted (Market)
Impact
I received this email today:

Hello xxxxx xxxxxx,

xxxxxxxxxx.com is now listed for sale on Freesiteworth.com ! Enjoy your free listing and reach out thousands of potential buyers:

http://flip.freesiteworth.com/listings/xxxx/xxxxxxxxcom

To make change to your lisiting , you should login as xxxxxx.

Retrieve your password using the following link:http://flip.freesiteworth.com/users/forgotpassword
If you want your listing removed, delete it at FreeSiteWorth.com orContact Us

Best Regards,
FreeSiteWorth.com

so, even if it could help reach more potential buyers, I don't like these automatic spam emails from these kind of websites that list everything and everybody, without his approval.

How do you deal with these websites like FreeSiteWorth? Do you email back and ask them to remove the website from the listing or you just move the email to the spam folder and that's all ;D?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would spam it and forget about it.
Seems like domains there for sale are crap domains and they want way too freaking much.

•••
Probably bogus, but you can have a lot of fun with the whois. seems to be linked to Oprintjet.com in NY.

Contact the number seems to be a business, blow their phone up!! (google voice)

If the person at the print shop that answers says they have nothing to do with the domain that is linked to the whois give them the number to Launchpad (hostgator) and tell them they have 24 hours to call them and remove freesiteworth.com for fraud or the harassment will continue.

If you were harassed and called by someone that your number was linked to a domain that you didn't own you better believe most would call Godaddy or whoever their registrar was and let them know.

By the way I called the 844 number, odd referral to recording, called back again and a hesitant foreign male accent answered, figures

Or you can just delete the email :)

•••
I don’t see anything wrong with that, looks to me that they are helping you selling your website lol, and the email specify : “If you want your listing removed, delete it at FreeSiteWorth.com or contact us" I will just contact them and have them remove it. And really the best way to avoid these email is to have you details private when registering

•••
You'll never win the battle against spammers. Especially the ones that scrape Whois data and send spam.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back