Dynadot

discuss ANNOUNCEMENT: Did we just change the entire domain marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ghosted

Established Member
Impact
Proposed New Meta:
1 Character International Domain Names with popular TLDs

Now, you're probably thinking this is stupid because the Unicode gets changed into Punycode. Wrong! Some characters within Unicode actually don't change to Punycode even change to Unicode if you type in their Punycode alias.

Example:
Go to π.com
Normally, a special character would revert back to it's Punycode counterpart. What happens if you go to it's Punycode counterpart? http://xn--1xa.com/
Oh, that's neat. It changes back to π.com
But aren't there emoji domains?
Yeah, there are but they aren't supported in every browser or email service!

Go ahead and test this out. Here's some of the characters that do revert back to the original unicode:
á
à
ä
č
ç
đ
é
è
ê
ï
ŋ
ń
ñ
Let me know your thoughts. If you want to know why and how to change the meta from crypto domains to these little guys, read my funny story below...

The How & Why?
You thought your two word domain that you overpaid for was going to be worth thousands just because it had one of these keywords: "meta, nft, coin" in it, right?... Yeah, you probably did and now here you are selling these crappy domains for less than the registration cost. This is because you bought the news way too late. By the time you got in, the people who pushed for crypto domains had already purchased anything worthwhile. Yeah, a couple of you may have gotten lucky. But, that's all it is-- luck! The why is not why, but why not? Why not enrich yourself?

Listen to my proposal and don't be lucky, be smart. If you didn't know, hype creates hype. How is hype created? It's coordinated subconciously after artifical hype is created. In other words, it's FOMO -- the fear of missing out. In a world where entitled brats with the newest iphones, prime delivery, the newest car, the newest soyboy funkopops, starbucks limited edition drink, kylie jenner's makeup handed to them on a silver platter they will not DARE miss out on collectively-built hype.

Did you know that most of these entitled brats who are the biggest pushers of hype literally celebrate a two-day period where they can go out and consume so much food that the gluttony alone would get them to Hell, followed by a day of Greed and buying as much as they can because they got a "good deal"? They brag about the deal they got, they create the hype for buying on Black Friday. You aren't convinced that they could create a new market worth tens of millions of dollars in a few months? Well, you're wrong. Look at crypto. Look at the stock exchange. Look at the niche markets of little trinkets of all kinds-- imported from their greatest foe. A people who hate them so much, their economy exists soley based on their consumerism.

I am a proud American. I love America, but do I love the consumerists of my country? Yes! They make me money to support myself and my family. Most of the post was just kind of a joke, but you get the point. Hype creates hype. Who knows how to create hype exceptionally well? Crypto shills! What methods do crypto shills use? American marketing technique. It's perfect. Hype!

Final Thoughts
Sorry fellow Americans, I just had to get the point across. I probably love my country more than a very large majority of our own population. I just had to bash the consumerism a bit because it is pretty disgusting. I had to use an allegory that can stir up some drama to create hype so my post will be viewed more to make the meta change happen.

Unlike emojis, SOME unicode character domains are shown in the URL in every browser and on every device. Hell, you can even type in the punycode and you get redirected to the original unicode. Emojis aren't even shown in every browser and you can't email an emoji domain on a large number of services. Some of the latin-derived characters are easily accessible on mobile. PC is even harder. but, since they domains actually redirect back to the unicode, website access shouldn't be a big issue if the network is built larger

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the thread. Have a great day :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
so you literally say meta is the old shit, punycode etc. the new?

check this, I combined it
metavörs.com

•••
Upvote 0
I don't understand what you are suggesting, the post is confusing. You're saying that random character letters don't get changed in the URL bar... but what about it? It's been like that for a decent time. Anything with these characters in them are unlikely to sell whether they get changed to xn-- or not cause the problem wasn't only that they looked weird in the URL bar, it was that you have to type random letters with accents.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
so you literally say meta is the old shit, punycode etc. the new?

check this, I combined it
metavörs.com
By meta, I mean what domain trend is going on. I'm saying that if enough people are on the same wavelength we can manifest a new trend. I provided the new trend that has a lot of domains available. This allows the average domainer to get in. It creates loyalty backed by community. Which would allow the domains to gain a lot of traction.

•••
Upvote 0
I don't understand what you are suggesting, the post is confusing. You're saying that random character letters don't get changed in the URL bar... but what about it? It's been like that for a decent time. Anything with these characters in them are unlikely to sell whether they get changed to xn-- or not cause the problem wasn't only that they looked weird in the URL bar, it was that you have to type random letters with accents.
I am suggesting that we all come together as a collective to start our own trend. One that has many domains available. So everybody can get in. This creates a loyal community. I know all about growing and maintaining a community. I used to own a 20 million follower Instagram network... I'm offering you a way to make fat cash. Hype is what will grow this.Ok don't you have to scroll through and look for an emoji to use? And you don't have to type. Ever heard of a hyperlink or SEO? Perhaps, browser history and cache? And it doesn't matter for how long a feature of it has been around. Crypto has been around for a long time, so has the word "meta". Yet, the domains recently started to generate HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

•••
Upvote 0
most don't used special character
imo

it's more local project or what ?

•••
Upvote 0
People need to be able to remember a domain in order for it to be useful. Random accented characters isn't the way.

•••
Upvote 0
I am suggesting that we all come together as a collective to start our own trend. One that has many domains available. So everybody can get in. This creates a loyal community.
Go grow a community then.
Come together as a collective and trend?
Loyal community like namepros used to be.
7 posts in 4 days your an established member kinda community?
Love your enthusiasm but its all
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
Welcome to namepros btw lmao

•••
Upvote 0
most don't used special character
imo

it's more local project or what ?
Okay, and nobody used Google before google was a thing. Nobody used Bitcoin before it was a thing. Nobody used ANYTHING for that matter before it was known. See below....

People need to be able to remember a domain in order for it to be useful. Random accented characters isn't the way.
What does that have to do with anything? I don't understand. Maybe I need to rewrite my thread. See below....

Go grow a community then.
Come together as a collective and trend?
Loyal community like namepros used to be.
7 posts in 4 days your an established member kinda community?
Love your enthusiasm but its all
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
Welcome to namepros btw lmao
I'm not established in the domain community. I have no influence here. I do on one hand have influence on the Solana Blockchain and a crypto Instagram network of 700k. But, those guys aren't interested in domains until it becomes a trend or they see it starting to become a trend... Yes, I realize it's Hype which is why I keep reiterating the word. Thanks for the welcoming :)
I'm coming back to this post after writing what I said below to say that maybe I will create my own domainer community. I just thought of a very unique concept

I think everybody here is missing the point I'm trying to make. I'm saying we can all come together to create a trend by feeding the consumerist mentality that a lot of people seem to have. Everybody wants to be on the next big thing. Nobody likes missing out on stuff, which is why FOMO is even a thing. It's why crypto's a thing, it's why anything is a thing. I don't know what I expected coming to a boomer forum (this is a joke, grandpa. calm down). Change is frustrating and confusing to the older folks lol.
This is why a majority of people here are selling shitty domains and asking for way too much money for them. Everybody and there mother here is trying to sell stupid meta and crypto domains that will just expire. Why? Because they were late to the trend. I have spent half of my life on forums dedicated to buying and selling usernames. I have bought and sold Instagram/Twitter accounts for $5-100 that are now worth thousands to tens of thousands of dollars only a few years ago. Accessibility to creating a website is now easier than ever. More and more people are using domains because it's a lot easier than it was. With more people using something, niche markets are created.

•••
Upvote 0
What does that have to do with anything? I don't understand. Maybe I need to rewrite my thread. See below....
It has exactly everything to do with domain name investments. That is all.

•••
Upvote 0
It has exactly everything to do with domain name investments. That is all.
Dude, nobody knew what Facebook was before it was a thing. nobody knows what any website is before it's a thing. I can guarantee you that if you put something unique that a lot of people would use, they would remember that special character. Or, since we live in the 21st century, there's a neat tool called a Bookmark that is integrated in every web browser. There's also stickynotes and notepad for Windows lol. That is all.

•••
Upvote 0
Dude, nobody knew what Facebook was before it was a thing. nobody knows what any website is before it's a thing. I can guarantee you that if you put something unique that a lot of people would use, they would remember that special character. Or, since we live in the 21st century, there's a neat tool called a Bookmark that is integrated in every web browser. There's also stickynotes and notepad for Windows lol. That is all.
Who the hell on God's green Earth apart from your gran is using bookmarks?

They use Google and they type what they want in the box. They don't even use a domain. So in that sense I agree with you that if you hosted the best site in the world on ôôôh.com then they would be able to find it, but I see no case for putting random letters in domains and pretending that we can hype it up. Trust me, I'd love to jump on a train like that being a domainer but I just don't believe in it. But I hope you can make something of it and prove me wrong tbh.

•••
Upvote 0
Who the hell on God's green Earth apart from your gran is using bookmarks?

They use Google and they type what they want in the box. They don't even use a domain. So in that sense I agree with you that if you hosted the best site in the world on ôôôh.com then they would be able to find it, but I see no case for putting random letters in domains and pretending that we can hype it up. Trust me, I'd love to jump on a train like that being a domainer but I just don't believe in it. But I hope you can make something of it and prove me wrong tbh.
Man, I'm 24 and use bookmarks when I forget what a website is. Also, you only need to go to a website one time then it's saved in your cache. The case use is similar to the username marketplace on social media. Wouldn't you rather have måd.com instead of madaboutdomains.com? As soon as someone visits your website, it's in their cache and they can go back to it. Of course there would need to be multiple pages on your site in order for it to show in the recommended. But, that's all SEO. Same with any other domain. SEO plays a huge factor. Put something on your site worthwhile and someone will want to visit it. simple as.
Also, it's not about random words. TLD plays a huge factor. For example, måd.com would be worth a lot more than måd.tk. Also, the length plays a huge role as well. ä.com would be worth a lot more than äääääääääääääää.com. Same principles apply as regular domaining. If you want måd.com to be worth even more then you bundle purchase mäd.com mǎd.com etc or even buy different TLDs måd.co mäd.co mǎd.co.

I was mainly referring to one letters/length and TLD

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
@Ghosted

Good luck with this project and in general.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Man, I'm 24 and use bookmarks when I forget what a website is. Also, you only need to go to a website one time then it's saved in your cache. The case use is similar to the username marketplace on social media. Wouldn't you rather have måd.com instead of madaboutdomains.com? As soon as someone visits your website, it's in their cache and they can go back to it. Of course there would need to be multiple pages on your site in order for it to show in the recommended. But, that's all SEO. Same with any other domain. SEO plays a huge factor. Put something on your site worthwhile and someone will want to visit it. simple as.
Also, it's not about random words. TLD plays a huge factor. For example, måd.com would be worth a lot more than måd.tk. Also, the length plays a huge role as well. ä.com would be worth a lot more than äääääääääääääää.com. Same principles apply as regular domaining

@Ghosted

Good luck with this project and in general.

It was just a concept. Idc if it takes off or not, I just thought I would try and provide y'all a new money printer. But, it seems the boomers who sell a couple domains per year- thinking they're hot shit came out to give me downvotes. But, they can keep holding the bag by thinking replacementblades.org is going to sell for $1,000. I'm gonna go and cry now since I got downvoted on a forum :'( :'(

Thank you for the good luck wishes. I wish you luck as well :)

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
What MAD is saying is, even though these characters indeed resolve as they are, without puny, how are you going to tell folks what the domain is? How do you put it on a truck, commercial or billboard? The only way someone gets to it is by copy/paste method.

At least emojis are well known and these are much more understood. And they don't even keep the orginal character, they resolve to puny.

I like the exotics, btw, but they aren't for everyone.

•••
Upvote 0
Welcome Gen Z. But before you compare your concepts with these popular products, learn to understand the technology and principles behind them. This will allow you to dismiss your existing concepts and update them until a real trend emerges, provided you are not defeated by these cycles of dismissal.

•••
Upvote 0
What MAD is saying is, even though these characters indeed resolve as they are, without puny, how are you going to tell folks what the domain is? How do you put it on a truck, commercial or billboard? The only way someone gets to it is by copy/paste method.

At least emojis are well known and these are much more understood. And they don't even keep the orginal character, they resolve to puny.

I like the exotics, btw, but they aren't for everyone.
Yeah, I see. Copy and paste isn't the only way. You can click on the links itself. Word of mouth and domains aren't really a thing anymore unless you're talking about big corporations. Everybody you know has a smartphone or computer. Not hard to send a link fam. Also, I did mention prior that if you have decent SEO you can just use that if that's the issue?
Welcome Gen Z. But before you compare your concepts with these popular products, learn to understand the technology and principles behind them. This will allow you to dismiss your existing concepts and update them until a real trend emerges, provided you are not defeated by these cycles of dismissal.
Thanks for the welcome boomer. "Concepts with these popular products" what are you referring to exactly? What do you think the next trend will be then since you seem to understand the technology and principles behind them? People don't seem to realize that I am saying we can start a trend if we get people on board to create the trend. That's how trends work bro. I dont know why this is so hard for people to grasp. I am allowing domainers the ability to back a trend before whales claim everything. The parameters of what would make a special character domain have value could be decided by us.

•••
Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcome boomer. "Concepts with these popular products" what are you referring to exactly? What do you think the next trend will be then since you seem to understand the technology and principles behind them? People don't seem to realize that I am saying we can start a trend if we get people on board to create the trend. That's how trends work bro. I dont know why this is so hard for people to grasp. I am allowing domainers the ability to back a trend before whales claim everything. The parameters of what would make a special character domain have value could be decided by us.
FB is at the forefront of web 2.0 technology, which initially extended people's connections online.
BTW, The domain name is not trending, or at least it won't become one. It's just a foundation for entrepreneurs and developers to build internet products. If you want to be part of the trend, you don't need to be here to attract people to your nothing concept, but to buy a domain name, develop it into a product and get people involved. You say you are American, so how do your friends see your 'concept'? At least I don't think I need an idealist in my life

•••
Upvote 0
FB is at the forefront of web 2.0 technology, which initially extended people's connections online.
BTW, The domain name is not trending, or at least it won't become one. It's just a foundation for entrepreneurs and developers to build internet products. If you want to be part of the trend, you don't need to be here to attract people to your nothing concept, but to buy a domain name, develop it into a product and get people involved. You say you are American, so how do your friends see your 'concept'? At least I don't think I need an idealist in my life
What does Facebook have to do with anything? Also, they are not at the forefront whatsoever. They provide nothing of value to society- except make it worse. They desensitize people and cause division with their algorithms that they use to enrich themselves and further continue this bubble. I have a clear understanding of how trends work considering I have built networks with millions of followers. I've been doing this for nearly half of my life.

"The domain name is not trending, or at least it won't become one". I never said that special character domains were trending, I said they could be. Dude the whole point behind my post is to get people in early on something that has strong potential to become a trend. Look at .xyz -- that is not a trend? Look at crypto related domains, that's not a trend? Every single niche product is a trend. What the hell? So, to add value to domains I shouldn't consult with a forum of people who buy and sell domains? Look at your fellow community members who try to sell nftconsultings.xyz for $1,000 lol. You seem very stubborn and honestly don't make any sense with your posts. Like I said, I don't really care I just wanted opinions. I'm only giving you the time of day because I'm on a stimulant

•••
Upvote 0
What does Facebook have to do with anything? Also, they are not at the forefront whatsoever.
It seems you don't see the answer in context.
I have a clear understanding of how trends work considering I have built networks with millions of followers. I've been doing this for nearly half of my life.

Well done big boy, hope you can have fun in the rest of your life and good luck.
Nps welcome.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
People don't seem to realize that I am saying we can start a trend if we get people on board to create the trend. That's how trends work bro. I dont know why this is so hard for people to grasp.
You're asking people to treat a turd as if it's a diamond...

I've got a better idea for a trend. Good 1 word .me domains.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Back