Dynadot

poll Is your META name more valuable after Fb announcement?

NameSilo
Watch

Is your META name more valuable after Fb announcement?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    48.9%
  • No

votes
    40.0%
  • It remains the same

votes
    11.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
After Facebook's announcement of rebranding the company's name to Meta, do you think your META domain names became more or less valuable? Why?

1) YES because now people know that a big company is associated with the name and hence, they are more open to offering higher prices.
It is still early to invest in meta names

2) NO because the uncertainty element is gone and Fb has most probably scooped up what they wanted to. The budget may be exhausted or they may simply not be interested if they haven't acquired it thus far.

Do share why you think what you think. Looking forward to a good discussion in comments.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
like always its domainers who think meta names have more value now..so they will go buy a bunch...but imo endusers wont buy and pay more.

especially here with tm potentials from fb giant. endusers may not risk.

us dumb domainers.. we always risk.. then suffer later

In the end who knows if mark might be sending u lawyer latter or cash offer for meta.names.. if he will be sending anything at all

Last edited:
•••
The day Zuck announced Meta, more than 5000 .com meta related domain names registered. Indeed good keyword meta related domain names become more valuable (except the trademarks, metagoogle, metayahoo, metatesla... )

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 1.39.54 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
I think if anything the "rebranding" has kind of been received like a wet fart and been widely mocked.

I think "Meta" would be a lot cooler if it was not a company like FB behind it.

Sure quality "Meta" domains will still have good value, but the vast majority of the recent regs are garbage, and will stay garbage.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I think "Meta" would be a lot cooler if it was not a company like FB behind it.

Exactly. Some people don't even want to be on Facebook. That pixel is tracking you without even having an account. Other people can tag you in photos. With the acquisition of Whatsapp, you're using their services. You pay with your data and privacy. And you will likely have to pay a lot for their hardware. In fact, I see a lot of privacy and security risks in Metaverse. Surveillance is coming into our homes, just like the Ring doorbell, Tesla cameras, and IoT devices constantly listening for our voice input. These gadgets and technologies are both a joy and scaring. Brad, is there any other company you'd trust more and if so, which one and from which continent?

Nonetheless, I have some meta domains, too. I think they will be worth more after this announcement, so that's what I voted in this poll.

Last edited:
•••
I received 7 offers (mostly low ball) on 4 of my Meta domain names yesterday after the FB announcement, which didn't get a single offer in the last 30 days. So, yes, I guess.

Also, sold a Meta name for mid-XXX USD yesterday that I registered a few weeks ago.

•••
i think metaverse will be better than meta only.
Meta will look cheap copycat of fb like china non brand phone copying iphone.
Metaverse will be the category killer.

•••
I have always liked names starting with Meta and have some, but they are all regged before the meta hysteria took off, so I don`t know if they are more or less worth now - I got a lowball offer for one of them yesterday and I suspect it had to do with the rebranding of Facebook, but I`m not sure.

Last edited:
•••
I think there will still be demand (even average keywords), mainly by investors for the next couple of weeks after that i think it's going to level off/wane considerably, I can't see 2 week old non com registrations selling mid-5 figures anymore.

I think this time next year we are going to see a lot of drops, but demand will still be there for the best keywords (.com's).

Last edited:
•••
•••
The day Zuck announced Meta, more than 5000 .com meta related domain names registered. Indeed good keyword meta related domain names become more valuable (except the trademarks, metagoogle, metayahoo, metatesla... )

Show attachment 203079
how to check these parameters?

•••
•••
•••
I picked up what I think is a real good meta domain name at an auction in the last few days for the minimum bid of under $15.

•••
I picked up what I think is a real good meta domain name at an auction in the last few days for the minimum bid of under $15.
What are your plans with it? How long will you hold? What's your asking price?

•••
whats the name if you don't sharing? wondering why no one picked it up if it was really that good.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back