IT.COM

Anger Over My Newly Registered Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CJ6

My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps.Top Member
Impact
I hand regged a domain last week. It is a geographic domain of Ontario + (marijuana keyword) .com. Two days later, I receive a call from "Unknown." I'm on a date night with my wife, so I didn't answer it. I received the following message on my voicemail.

Yo, (my name), why would you register Ontario****.com? You’re in Colorado, whatever the f*ck dude, like that’s really not even cool. F*ck it. You know, that was our domain. We had it already registered and set aside. The fact that you actually have it and that you are so close to the whole situation there… with umm.. It just, it seems really f*cking strange that you would even have that.

So, umm… If you want to hit me back, you can f*ckin hit me back at umm… You know what I mean, f*ck it. I’m just going to go ahead and f*cking move on from here. But that’s really f*cked up that you would do that because you took our domain from us mother f*cker. Like.. serious sh*t, that’s really not cool at all.

So, ummm…The more we stand over here, like we know for a fact what’s going on in Ontario and if I hear of any (my name) in the fucking city come through or anything like that, I’m going to have the crew basically like f*cking look at what’s going on and make a determination as to what happens next, bro. Alright, and umm… Yeah, That’s really f*cked up that you would do that dude. That’s just really f*ckin unnecessarily f*ckin abusive on your part. That’s f*cked up dude.
(hangs up)

My Comments:
  • It looks like the domain was registered 1 time before. My guess is that he didn't renew it.
  • This domain is Marijuana related. (I think that is the "situation" he is referring to... potential legalization in Canada soon.)
  • I have no idea who he was, who "we" are, nor who "his crew" is.
  • Overall, I'm just laughing at this. What are your thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think I'm gonna team up with that guy, to beat the $ out of the ones who dared to register my domains.

Last edited:
•••
i would like to hear it.. :xf.grin:
What would you like to hear? The domain I got, or the potential other domains? I did pick up a few more Canadian marijuana geographic domains this past week...including some Ontario ones. :)

•••
Seems and sounds like he changed the weed for meth :clown:

•••
What would you like to hear? The domain I got, or the potential other domains? I did pick up a few more Canadian marijuana geographic domains this past week...including some Ontario ones. :)
i mean the recording, that must be hilarous to hear someone get mad over a domain registration.. :-P

•••
I got an e-mail about a month ago from a guy who forgot to renew his .org and wanted it from me who had drop catched it just days before. First he just offered the reg fee and a smaller "reward", but then I replied that he could get it for $300. He agreed and seemed somewhat relieved.

•••
that is an odd experience. does not sound pleasant at all.

isn't it amazing how dealing with certain niche of domains will bring abotu adventures and experiences with a whole differing kind of clientele for each niche type!

pot vs drone vs self driving cars.. vs whatever.

•••
i mean the recording, that must be hilarous to hear someone get mad over a domain registration.. :-P
I'll try to get it soon, if I can find some time.

•••
•••
This story is funny, but a bit scary too. That's why Privacy reg is a good thing IMO (whenever possible).

•••
This story is funny, but a bit scary too. That's why Privacy reg is a good thing IMO (whenever possible).
I went ahead and added it for this domain. I agree with you.

•••
•••
It is advisable not to register any place name domain name, people object to it

•••
It is advisable not to register any place name domain name, people object to it
I only register a place name if it's within 500,000 miles of me.

•••
•••

Yes!

•••
once I let go of domain when I learned that it actually belonged to a biker gang
and they were not pleased at all ;)

but mostly I give a sh*t
if it belongs to you why are you calling me?

check the historical whois
so you can protect yourself if needed

•••
if this has been mentioned already please disregard.

if he did call you? then I'm assuming it's because your number is available on the whois data but I sure do hope you don't have your real address on there. even then. if your mobile is on there and you feel "Safe" don't because these days you can pay $18 to get info on any Mobile number with address and name of the owner of a mobile number.

(trust me. I've checked into it.) and it's all legit. and if it's not possible? you can pretty much get anything about anyone via the "dark web".

just my two cents bro! becareful!

•••
LOL...f*cks are pouring over there!!!
I think though that he was just ranting and venting out aka telling himself how stooooopid he has been not to renew the domain

•••
if Canada legalizes marijuana next year, he will see the domain for sale along with many other people.

I thought The Herbal Jew was already legal in Canada. I thought a long time ago Justin Trudeau was all, "It's [the current year]. Why isn't marijuana legal?"

•••
Lol thanks for the share Had a really good laugh..

•••
Its so stupid everyone who has a negative outlook on domaining is just a crybaby. He let the name expire. And any other person would register it. - People try to play the blame game to make up for their laziness because they have to make themselves feel important.

•••
Funniest thread on NP....

Why would you stand in the way of someone's business expansion plan?

Is it not too late for privacy?

•••
If you have some spare time and you would like to sell it below 500$ you could do a history whois any try to understand who is him.
Btw if he made that phone call, I really doubt he would pay more than 10$ for it...

•••
Yeah it's yours now.

Few years ago, I regged brandable .com as I love that name very much. When I promoted through social media, I found a similar user name used by someone. He is high school student somewhere in US. He is a game developer now. He sent me message asking why I regged his username. LOL.\

I asked him to buy the domain so he can have domain same as his username. He had no money at that time. When I tried to search his account, he changed the username.and then I claimed his username for my domain. LOL

•••
Yeah it's yours now.

Few years ago, I regged brandable .com as I love that name very much. When I promoted through social media, I found a similar user name used by someone. He is high school student somewhere in US. He is a game developer now. He sent me message asking why I regged his username. LOL.\

I asked him to buy the domain so he can have domain same as his username. He had no money at that time. When I tried to search his account, he changed the username.and then I claimed his username for my domain. LOL

Almost same thing happened to a few years back. I regged a made up 2 worder and was using it for business and out of the blue this guy emailed me and said it was his Xbox gamer tag and why did I reg it ... lol - he acted as if I stalked him and then stole his name to turn into my business name. It was also his Twitter handle. I never heard from him again after I pretty much told him too bad I own it now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back