Not open for further replies.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
upload_2020-6-12_10-14-29.png

Archived copy here: https://www.epik.com/equality

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
See Matthew 7:1-5 for context.

See Matthew 7:15 (remove your dash) for added context.

Or you can learn it the hard way. Your call.

That same sentiment applies to yourself and the company you appear to lead. Specifically speaking to Matthew 7:15, with regards to epiks marketing practice's.

Anybody can say I love you. But not everybody means it, or has the same intent. So please pardon me for calling a spade, a spade. I'm sick of harmful people and companies preaching love when that is not their true intent. (Either that, or we have different definitions of love. Such as love for others. Maybe, to epik, love means to love of one's one self serving purposes and greed?) #marketingwithoutethics #epik

Last edited:
•••
@Silentptnr did a magnificent job in the Molly white petition thread Bravo debating with facts
Thank you for providing the links @bmugford

•••
"Do you have any idea the magnitude of baseless hateful conspiracy theories spreading?"

As an outspoken self proclaimed moderate it's obvious to me that everyone is bias just as everyone is prejudice. You're not the first member here to use the term "magnitude" of the problem. "Magnitude" compared to what? I started and ran a company called Contact USA back in the 80's and 90's that had over 100 employees, and on occasion an employee would come to me and say we have this "big problem". Then when asked how often does this happen....they would say "all the time", and they would give me an example of it "just happening". My policy was always, "trust but verify". How often do you think the problem was anywhere close to how it was portrayed? Almost never:xf.rolleyes:

Grilled...i contend you sir are biased just like everyone else reading this. And Rob Monster and Samer, that goes for you too:xf.wink:
Bias is far different than a holding and spreading a belief that the white race is in danger and that all other races are inferior. Yes, if I see an indigent person on the street, I become more alert. That's very different.

There are different magnitudes of racism but racism is very different than bias.

IMO, when we downplay racism, or compare it to bias, we ignore the death, pain and suffering inflicted on innocent people by racists and nazis.

It's a very, very, very serious matter. It's a good thing most victims of racism only want equality...and not revenge.

•••
Conspiracy theories is a term to discredit the credibility of non-mainstream opinions.
When people saw [someone] not stands with mainstream, they will say [someone] is spreading conspiracy theories. But you have to understand that Conspiracy theories itself is a conspiracy.

Anyway, I love to see people with different opinions instead of single mainstream opinions.

There is a place on this site to discuss things such as this openly.

Linking such discussions to a company brand does more damage than good.

I’m trying to be helpful. But if @epik and @Rob Monster don’t mind having these discussions linked to their brand then that’s fine by me. However, they shouldn’t complain when other media also makes the same link. Hope I am explaining myself.

•••
One day, there will be be no more crayons for the children to color with, because of some of the stubborn and stupid mindsets of today setting the precedents of discrimination and appreciation of tomorrow. All under the guise of defeating "racism". Our world is color, people are no different.

If we don't see skin color, we are missing a lot. One thing to suppress people because of it, another thing altogether to appreciate them for it, and recognizing that certain talents come with the culture. This is the line that is being blurred..

Dig deep enough, we will find faults in everyone. Should we start tearing pictures out of high school yearbooks now too?

And now we are filling career positions based on the fact that not enough of a certain color is being represented? What of qualifications? Someone's gonna suck at a job, but hey that falafel or taco shop or soap rock craft store needed to show diversity, so they hired me, a white dude to man the fire.

Not saying it can't be done otherwise, but when we don't give cultural or skin color props, we lose sight of a whole lot of GOOD history and good future.

I've been to restaurants, for example, where white people have attempted their hand at cooking and serving up Spanish or Jamaican dishes. Have never returned. When I discover a bona-fide traditional joint manned and run by the folk from where the food originated, those are keepers. And don't tell anyone about them, because soon enough it becomes the trendy place to be, and then you're losing good wholesome in person visits to Skip the Dishes or whatever godawful delivery service people rely on now.

When my Croatian or Italian neighbors calls me a paisano or munge cake, I don't take it as offense, it's how they roll. Them seeing me as white doesn't prevent us from being friends, and I love the stereotype they have of their white guy neighbor. We share wine and barbecues, and we respect our place and differences with each other based on where we came from and our experiences.

How we look in terms of color/culture is by no means the be-all-and-end-all to a person, but it might certainly be a prudent way to begin. Stalwart biases can cloud judgments, but educating ourselves on recognizing that rather than drawing lines in the sand and making everything one color, I think is a lot less confrontational and moves people forward together in the sense that, we take comfort that our differences are embraced, yet we may naturally feel drawn towards to those of our own.

•••
This thread has gotten a little off topic on the original post by Rob. Regardless, you have to do what’s best for you and your domain names. I personally like Epik’s landers, customer service and Escrow service so I will stay with them. A lot of people don’t like their jobs but you stick with it. Why? Because you do what’s best for YOU! Just because your opinion differs from someone else’s doesn’t mean that you have to up and leave.
I have quite a few domains at Epik. They should not provide a platform for that site though. Very disappointing. :)

•••
I probably know a couple thousand people from my high school days, to my college days right up to today. That's about 50 years, and I can honestly say I've never personally met a racist or a nazi. I've even employed, laid off, and fired a few hundred people over my life time.

Are there racists? Yes....are they everywhere.....NO! I once saw a couple of what they call skinheads on the boardwalk here in Virginia Beach....there must have been four or maybe five of them. I don't know what a skinhead stands for...aren't they a mix between a racist and a nazi?

Note, i'm part of the white race. Do I think the white race is in danger? Personally I don't give a rats ass and never have. Do I think other races are inferior? Hell no, and as a Christian who is very proud to be quarter Jewish I'm reasonably sure I'd rot in hell if I believed another race is inferior:xf.rolleyes:
There is only the human race.

•••
Just so this thread doesn't get too out of control.

I don't think Rob Monster is racist. Nor do I know him well enough. So everything I say is just my opinion.

That is not my issue.

#MarketingWithoutEthics #NotTakingAccountability

Last edited:
•••
This is from UNESCO

"Climate denial has seriously impeded aggressive mitigation efforts that could have averted our present climate emergency. It has magnified the risk that humanity locks in to catastrophic global climate change. The people in positions of authority in states, or industrial groups whose lies have put us and our descendants in peril, should be held accountable. The damage that climate deniers do is heinous, and they have no excuses. The time has come to prosecute them for postericide."

This is the threat, Not holocaust deniers. The leftist radicals want to shut up everybody that disagrees
with them and put them in jail. And who are these climate deniers. One was Kary Mullus,
awarded the Nobel Prize for developing PCR. I don't want to see Rob Monster give you an inch.
I want Rob Monster to tell you to go to hell. I want to have a Registrar to run to when GoDaddy throws
me out for being a climate denier or whatever else becomes politically incorrect.

This is my crime:
https://www.powder.us/ozone/

Last edited:
•••
I do. Hate speech is what you just did.
Noone in this thread has spoken hate. What is being discussed is Epik's letter that attempted to address it's position on love and positive energy. We were discussing how it is being received, processed and the general reaction.

•••
The first amendment says nothing about free speech having to conform to your ideas about what is truth and equality. It doesn't mention you at all. This is what it says.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
This isn't an argument about Free Speech. This is a discussion about Epik putting a statement out there as their position on human relations.

Last edited:
•••
Please show me in the constitution where it says that "hate speech" is not protected by the first amendment. Where does it say that hate speech is illegal?
In a weird way, I wish all racists would come out from hiding and speak freely. But they are mostly cowards. They cant handle free speech right back at them.

•••
"To the priveliged, equality feels like oppression"

I read that on DSAD. Its true.

Close.

Actually DSAD.com [@Domain Shane] said,
When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression” – Mike Jebbett

🙏 @Domain Shane for bringing this quote to the industry. So those needing to cross its pass, can stumble upon it. I am starting to see what other domainers have said about DS for years. That DS is a man of principle, and somebody to listen to, as others have pointed to him being a good role model. As each day goes by, I am starting to see more and more of what my domaining peers have seen in DS over the years. Keep up the good blogging!

HuffPost.com had written an article with that quote as the subject.
All this anger we see from people screaming “All Lives Matter” in response to black protesters at rallies. All this anger we see from people insisting that their “religious freedom” is being infringed because a gay couple wants to get married. All these people angry about immigrants, angry about Muslims, angry about “Happy Holidays,” angry about not being able to say bigoted things without being called a bigot...

They all basically boil down to people who have grown accustomed to walking straight at other folks, and expecting them to move. So when “those people” in their path don’t move — when those people start wondering, “Why am I always moving out of this guy’s way?”; when those people start asking themselves, “What if I didn’t move? What if I just kept walking too?”; when those people start believing that they have every bit as much right to that aisle as anyone else — it can seem like their rights are being taken away.

Equality can feel like oppression. But it’s not. What you’re feeling is just the discomfort of losing a little bit of your privilege — the same discomfort that an only child feels when she goes to preschool and discovers that there are other kids who want to play with the same toys as she does.

It’s like an old man being used to having a community pool all to himself, having that pool actually opened up to everyone in the community, and then that old man yelling, “But what about MY right to swim in a pool all by myself?!”

And what we’re seeing politically right now is a bit of anger from both sides. On one side, we see people who are angry about “those people” being let into “our” pool. They’re angry about sharing their toys with the other kids in the classroom.

They’re angry about being labeled a “racist,” just because they say racist things and have racist beliefs. They’re angry about having to consider others who might be walking toward them, strangely exerting their right to exist.

2016-03-14-1457975439-3856209-boesk4.jpg

This is the “Again” of “Make America Great Again.” Don’t worry, they’ll just open some swim clubs and make the membership really expensive...

In it, were some other quotes relevant to this discussion. Such as

2016-03-14-1457975323-396120-boesk2.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I really don't understand why anyone cares if some nutty Holocaust deniers have a website.
Even nuts have the right to free speech, or at least they do in the US.

Nuts may have the right to speak in the USA

But I don't want to pay for the server that host those speeches

If a registrar has to issue a statement on racial issues, run. This is not a place of trust and you certainly shouldn’t have them hold your inventory.

wow Keith
exactly that 's it.

Please show me in the constitution where it says that "hate speech" is not protected by the first amendment. Where does it say that hate speech is illegal?

this is an international forum

the definition of the US what is appropriate to qualify as
free speech is not the same for every member

I see no reason to allow somebody
to spread lies
in order to plant hate in peoples heart
in order to create violence

and that is against the german law

Rob actively (after me complaining) allows
videos to be hosted on epik servers
via us.tv
that are created for the sole purpose
to create doubt in people
that the stories of nazi concentration camp survivors
during the time of WWII
are actually untrue
and that the concentration camps were only normal medical camps
which is a severe crime in Germany for good reason

upload_2020-6-15_12-44-1.png

Last edited:
•••
Back to the original post, I really think the word “manufactured” in “the degrees of manufactured separation” should not be there. There is nothing manufactured about racism, people of color routinely getting killed by cops etc. Its disgustingly real and not “manufactured”. That word should not be there at all. Sounds like it’s referring to made up things. Also interesting is zero reference to BLM.

•••
id like to see monster or davis talk specificcly about what they did in the past as a business and what theyre going to do going forward. what's different now besides this statement? i'm willing to lisiten. action speaks louder than words.

•••
The worst kind is institutional racism and disguised racism. Where everything in the system is poised against you and there is no way of proving it. If those at the top don't take action it slowly trickles down the hiearchy. I've been in a group of people during a work social (not current workplace) where they were making derogatory comments about Muslims and also blatant racial discrimination against Pakistan, not knowing I was a Muslim and my ethnic background is Pakistani. I let it go on for a few minutes and then I mentioned that they reminded me that I need to see my grandmother in Pakistan as its been a while.. with Eid coming up it would be a nice surprise. Their faces dropped and they apologized. Also a few of them told me how they have Pakistani / Muslim friends and hence the jokes (that old chestnut). I think that opened their eyes a little as we got on really well (still did afterwards).

What's sad is that one of them got promoted to a position where he might make recruitment decisions - that's what makes me angry. How will that influence recruitment of those that he speaks lowly of?

So what system is that? I mean where? Just curious. Hope the grandmother in Pakistan is doing well. I've met a few Pakistanis, great people.

I've mentioned it in the past, i'm a practicing Muslim & my grandmother God rest her soul was a devout Catholic, so I know from experience that accepting one another's differences is possible & doable, but one's own insecurities & fear would stand in their way if they let it. Also, we are mere mortals, I think if we remind ourselves of that every now & then would do us good.

Oh & good luck to those making derogatory comments against Muslims, more than a quarter of humanity, of all races. Make friends with Muslims, don't make them your enemies. Be nice, how difficult is that.

•••
I sold cheek.com for around. $13k as far as I recall

•••
•••
Thats a decent perspective. Wish the racists and neo-nazis agreed. Problem is, Morgan can't help being soft because he's had to in his generation. The young people today aren't so easy going about it. They want racism exposed and ended.....not tomorrow....today.

I respect those young people too. They are the future. It's their future to write. The next 250 years will be very different than the last. I promise you that.

Old ideas must go. Old confederate statues, etc...must go. A new history is being written. And the old club is dying. I welcome a new history. One where people regardless of color are given the same rights, opportunities, and protections.

You're right - the old patterns of disharmony must be eradicated.

For me as a parent of a young child, I never have made a point to talk about someone's race or skin and being different than us - it never seemed like an important thing to talk about because it promotes division. Sure I discuss cultural awesomeness like all of the great music from Africa or the classical music from Europe, but never have I felt it necessary to emphasize differences in skin tone. We're all just people, In SoCal it is a melting pot of all ethnicities of the world. But now, with all of the BLM promotion everywhere I do wonder if my child thinks more divisively about our skin colors whereas before it was not discussed, nor questioned because we always would see human beings for the individuality and character they show the world, with no discussion of skin tone.

Last edited:
•••
Contrast that with.....

As of the last few months, >50% children, born in London, U.K are not White English/British.

The English people did not agree to this ethnic cleansing.

I hate to break it to you but there are non whites who are “English” here in the UK, ethnic cleaning by who? humans having children sounds pretty normal me.

•••
I misspoke when i said that most slaves were "indentured servants", but your questioning my vernacular helped to educate me on the difference between indentured servitude and slavery.

That said however, the statistics I quoted about actual blacks who died in the civil war can be verified by numerous sources. Horrific as it sounds, southern slave owners didn't want any of their collateral assets to die for they felt they owned them, and to insinuate that 60 Million slaves were killed by "White Christian Imperialism" is as divisive and disingenuous as it gets. Simply Google;
"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" and you'll see what I mean. Then speaking of lies, damned lies and statistics, how many incidents similar to the George Floyd killing at the hands of a rogue cop happen in America every day? Every week? Every Month? Every Year?. And this isn't to say the killing of George Floyd is/was racially motivated. It's been said that George and the cop who killed him worked as security guards together at the same night club in Minneapolis. No doubt the cop hated George Floyd, but to say it was because Floyd was black is purely subjective/opinion.

Finally, this is my final word on this subject on this thread. I mentioned earlier, as a business guy who has started dozens of businesses and employed hundreds of people I would have advised Rob Monster the founder and CEO of Epik not to have started this thread. Rob is a pretty smart business guy, but that doesn't mean he's right...he makes mistakes like we ALL do every day of our lives.

God Bless America(y)
:banghead:

•••
Anytime a white cop kills a black man it automatically supports the racism narrative. When I write "narrative" I don´t mean to imply it is a fabrication. Anytime any police officer turns off his body cam it indicates he is conscious that he is about to do something immoral or illegal. However, it is obvious that most cops are decent moral people trying to do the right thing in enforcing the law. That´s why we have dash cam footage from a police vehicle showing other cops abusing their authority.

Another thing we must consider is that good people can become bad due to extreme experiences they have in life. A police officer will join the force because he or she believes they can make a difference in the world through that position. However, after years of witnessing the evils that people do and the injustice in the ¨justice system¨ can make them indifferent, heartless, callous, and hopeless. Many cops develop post-traumatic stress disorder, deep depression, alcoholism and some even commit suicide. I don´t know the statistics but I know it´s true. This is a very complicated matter.

Defund the police movement has a good case. Why not reallocate funds to social services that can help the average citizen as well as mental and emotional health of police officers.

You are going to have bad apples in any field. A big problem is the complete lack of accountability when it happens. For too long bad apples have used their shield to protect them from accountability.

If you have 1 bad apple, and 100 good apples that do nothing about it, you have 101 bad apples.

There needs to be better training and accountability when these abuses of public trust happen.

I also don't really think every local police department needs to be armed like a military. There could certainly be a more efficient allocation of funds.

Brad

•••
There are 4 types of people in blacklivesmatter protests.

1-honest protesters
2-people who need some excitement in their life (doing it just for fun)
3-looters
4-provocateurs

Most participants belong to #1 and #2. And obviously people behind #4 are running the show. They are also creators of corona. To me everything is so obvious.

Yes, it is so obvious that the creators of corona are BLM supporters. They were working in a lab in China with Bill Gates on micro-chipping people as well as 5G and mind control.....Do the research!

You know it is hard to even parody such ridiculous statements, since there is no way to sound any more ridiculous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

Brad

Last edited:
•••
This narrative that only "Black Lives Matter" is BULL SHIT‼️
Rich, if you think that that's what the movement is expressing then you're sadly misinformed.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back