Not open for further replies.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
upload_2020-6-12_10-14-29.png

Archived copy here: https://www.epik.com/equality

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am guessing that you have no idea that I am black...more so that I am African, born and raised in Ghana.

I spent a good part of my youth in the country where the Transatlantic slave trade began 500 years ago. We still have the slave castles that we helped build for the Europeans to remind us of the horrific treatment we subjected our own brothers and sisters to. My family was right smack in the middle of it all. I am ashamed to say that we amassed generational wealth by facilitating and brokering slave transactions over a period of 400 years. After the slaves were sold, they were 'stored' in dungeons for months awaiting the arrival of the next cargo vessel. In spite of the grossly inhumane conditions under which we saw our people being kept on our own shores, we still provided and ensured safe passage for the slave ships.

The article I am writing will thoroughly illustrate how the very state of mind that made slave trade more convenient for the European settlers over a 400 year span still exists today. It will shed light on all the ways in which we are STILL selling our own people into psychological. Until stop taking dumps in our own houses, we can't point fingers at others for dumping in our houses.

You don't sell someone a mule and expect them to treat it like an eagle.

I am a documentary filmmaker by day. I can inbox you my name so you can research my background.
My post made no reference to your race at all.

Sounds like an interesting article. Would have been a lot less inflammatory sounding if you had led with all that detail. :)

•••
Thanks Rob, for what's it's worth, appreciate the post.

Just wanted to put out there, must be quite the balancing act, to try and feed dinner table with such a diverse group of appetites. At times, I'm sure it must weight. Respect, and I stand with you.

Give a man a fish, satisfy him for a day. Teach him how to fish, a lifetime. I think this is what Rob brings to the table.

•••
My stance on the racially-charged state of affairs in the US is a rather controversial one. I maintain that the tenets of the Black Lives Matter movement are absolutely pointless at best and preposterous at worst. I have never met a group of people pervaded with as much self-hatred as blacks. If your life matters, show the world that it does instead of telling them. For starters, stop killing each other over worthless crap. I am writing an extensive article supported with data that will most likely garner a substantial number of enemies in the Black community. What I have to say, while offensive, is the truth that MUST be said. If the spirit moves me, I'll go further and make a documentary.
If you profess to be a black man and you write all these, ( don't let me to call it trash) you must be having a screwed perspection of Africa affairs. Before you continue with your article, go and read wide on how the West looted, and are still looting African resources till date.

The evil structures that they have set in motion in various African countries that the worst of us will always rule over the best, so that they can always pave ways for them whenever they come to steal African resources to better their own lives in the West.

Whenever they see rising stars such as; Nkurumah, Awolowo, Nelson Mandela etc, that will challenge their hegemony they will quickly orchestrate their evil machinations called coup to topple any government that will do the will of the people.
Since the time they have set their feets on African soil, till now, Africa have not know peace. We have never for ones been allowed to govern ourselves. It as always been black faces with white powers in all our governments.
It is only God that can deliver Africans.

•••
I live in a predominantly white neighborhood in Old Town Alexandria Virginia. You sound just like my white friends. They have been very apologetic and borderline obsequious since the recent turn of events. I have to constantly remind them that we were once business partners. I AM an integral part of the problem. I am not an isolated case. It is a widespread cultural phenomena. I AM a part of that group that I am blaming. It is always far too convenient for us to blame someone else for our home-grown problems.

I am a Fanti, a tribe of elitists who pride themselves in being fluent in the 'Queen's English' and frown upon anyone who cannot construct grammatically impeccable sentences. 75% of us have English full-names. Please explain to me how this illustrates national or cultural pride?

You are on the outside looking in. You have to live as a black person who has been exposed to various facets of the black culture to appreciate where I'm coming from. It is not the responsibility of the people outside the group to value us more than we value ourselves.
Don't tell me who I sound like or what I think. You don't know me anymore than I know you. And I'm not claiming to be able to appreciate what it's like to be you.

All I'm saying is that when you try to heap a problem like racism on the shoulders of a single group of people, you do a disservice to all people, and to the magnitude of the problem.

•••
This thread has gotten a little off topic on the original post by Rob. Regardless, you have to do what’s best for you and your domain names. I personally like Epik’s landers, customer service and Escrow service so I will stay with them. A lot of people don’t like their jobs but you stick with it. Why? Because you do what’s best for YOU! Just because your opinion differs from someone else’s doesn’t mean that you have to up and leave.

Last edited:
•••
What does any of this have to do with domains?

No one does controversial threads like @Rob Monster

Why do @epik threads always end up with conspiracy theories and vitriol. Doesn’t matter if it is on Np or domain blogs.

Conspiracy theories is a term to discredit the credibility of non-mainstream opinions.
When people saw [someone] not stands with mainstream, they will say [someone] is spreading conspiracy theories. But you have to understand that Conspiracy theories itself is a conspiracy.

Anyway, I love to see people with different opinions instead of single mainstream opinions.

•••
@Rob Monster Politics in business is a poison pill. Stay neutral.

Richface

I am a Centrist.

I abhor the false polarity that the media and chaos agents are fomenting.

I appeal to all to love thy neighbor and to treat each person as individual and with compassion.

I say let's sell some domains and pay it forward so more people can raise families, build vibrant communities, and empower others.

Good luck to all.

Last edited:
•••
why are these thinly veiled Anti Semitic posts allowed on here?

@Mod Team Alfa @Mod Team Echo

You guys need to read some of @ThatNameGuy posts in this thread very carefully and come to your own conclusions.....

•••
There's a lot of nonsense in this thread.

Some guy actually blaming the victim. Even if he has a point, he should go say that within the group (to black people in this case & work on it collectively) you don't say it to other groups accused of being racist, its an easy way out.

imo

Americans should travel more, when all this over, they should definitely do some more traveling, maybe it'll change how they think about race.

In other parts of the world like where I am, grouping isn't done by race, its actually language, that's why there are White, Black, Brown Arabs in Africa & the middle east, but we are one group because our native tongue is Arabic.

I think America's strength is in its diversity, but some people just don't get that.

As for the Epik statement, its a statement better than nothing I guess, a registrar isn't going to solve the problem of racism.

•••
I definitely don't think Epik should be remotely associated with this kind of issue...

https://www.silive.com/news/2020/01...white-supremacist-group-on-staten-island.html

Free speech? If Epik thinks it's okay for their employees and their families to hold and share these types of beliefs, they will self-destruct.

Certainly Epik can't mind people verbally attacking them, perhaps calling them every name in the book. Its free speech!

You cannot claim to promote love, while actively supporting hate. Actions will always speak louder than words.

Last edited:
•••
What I see as a serious matter, is that the ease of which opinions may be posted on the Internet, and has resulted in blurred lines between perceived racism and real racism. It is a serious matter, when the optics of a statement of, or an association to, is cast as guilty as charged, and defined as racism.

It is a serious matter, when talking about something that we know nothing about but are so easily willing to tear a person apart, throwing links around as if they justify the charge. It is a serious matter when every opinion nowadays, needs it's own movement. We no longer respect anything but our own voice.

But the most serious matter of all, is the shift in focus from actual racism, where real people in real lives are killed or hindered from living their life, to focus on the optics of companies or small businesses or individuals with every word they use or emotion they may have, and calling it racism and attempting to destroy their lives.

It is then, which is when we become the persecutors, which is the antithesis of that which we are trying to fix.

Last edited:
•••
Please show me in the constitution where it says that "hate speech" is not protected by the first amendment.

Will a wikipedia article suffice? 😂

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_in_the_United_States

Hate speech in the United States is not regulated, in contrast to that of most other liberal democracies, due to the robust right to free speech found in the American Constitution.[1] The U.S. Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that hate speech is legally protected free speech under the First Amendment. The most recent Supreme Court case on the issue was in 2017, when the justices unanimously reaffirmed that there is effectively no "hate speech" exception to the free speech rights protected by the First Amendment.

So according to wikipedia, you are correct.

In contrast, hate speech is not protected in Germany. Who would have guessed, Germany evolved quicker than the USA?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksverhetzung

Volksverhetzung, in English "incitement of the masses", "instigation of the people" (the official English translation of the German Criminal Code uses "incitement to hatred"[1][2]), is a concept in German criminal law that refers to incitement to hatred against segments of the population and refers to calls for violent or arbitrary measures against them, including assaults against the human dignity of others by insulting, maliciously maligning, or defaming segments of the population.[1][2][3]

It is often applied to, though not limited to, trials relating to Holocaust denial in Germany. The criminal code (Strafgesetzbuch) Chapter 7 (Offences against public order), Paragraph 130 (Incitement to hatred) of the Federal Republic of Germany defines when a person is guilty of Volksverhetzung.[1][2][3]

Too bad we have career politicians from states like Kentucky who seemingly make a living by holding up progress.
I really detest gaslighters.

Me too!

That's one of my issues with Epik. Finally we have similar tissues.

upload_2020-6-14_20-8-19.png

I detest ignorant viewpoints.

upload_2020-6-14_20-37-27.png

Though, I'm still sorry for any racism or any other injustice to which you may have experienced in your upbringing, education, or life journey.

There is a reason why we no longer live in the past. Speaking to evolution.

It's nice when you care about future generations. Climate change regulation is a hot issue for us young folks who care about keeping the earth sustainable, and tolerant to accepting future generations of all colors, sizes, shapes, culture, and even intellect.

I do understand how it must be hard for some to accept more science, as it begins to supersede religious belief. That must be scary for some of the older generations, similar to how it may have felt when planes went mainstream.

Still, whether you stand for it or not, climate change, and hate speech will be swiftly addressed when the baby boomers are voted/pushed out of office.

Last edited:
•••
If a registrar statement is 2 sentences, run.

Or you could just say 3 words.

IMO. @porkbun had a nice short, simple, and to the point tweet.

With Namesilo taking the most responsible decisive action the domain industry has seen in a long time.

With an assist from @GoDaddyHelp

I applauded that action. You
Registrars should not get involved in politics.

What double standard. If GeorgeFloyd.com was registered w/ NameSilo was sold (it sold) would you have claimed it too? @namesilo

Samer
being Epiks biggest supporter, had seemingly took another stance. A stance I question if Epik would agree with you on.

As for the Epik statement, well, as usual. One of these things is not like the other. Just tip toeing around with their attempt, as one epik VP of communications alluded to at last Fridays DnAcad meet up, "combating hate and taking grand stances". Minute Mark 103:44 HERE

To lots of other folks out there, making a statement to support others (such as Black Lives Matter) is NOT simply a show of grandstanding. But like most things epik, epiks PR folks seems to have a distorted reality or perception as to how marketing and/or social sensitivity actually works. I suppose some things are more systemic than others.

To me, that's a lot of words to spew, just to avoid the three words that most engulfed in the battle / historical systemic disadvantage need to hear (or are asking for to acknowledge you are listening). But I suppose just as GD has shareholders to appease, Epik also has its own subset of investors and clients it has to answer to.

Might show, they dont take it seriously. (GD)

Similar how it appears your blind bias makes it hard for anyone to take your epik comments seriously?

Look man, it hurts me to see you getting grilled by others in domain blog comments. They are low blows. But you have to see some folks won't stand for the blind ignorance a lot of your epik comments tend to carry :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
It is hard to have a serious discussion with someone who thinks the Moon landing was a hoax. I know Rob has shared similar beliefs in the past as well.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Long statement and it would be good to address the questions posed by @bmugford. Great job to Epik management for this statement specially @Intelliname Rob Davis for putting this together.

Good actions expect after this statement.

•••
I believe most the comments in this thread are way off target and completely ignore the statement that Epik released.

The issue of rather you believe in someone's personal politics or agree with how they view the world does not give anyone a right to think they have moral superiority to call out and brow beat people into submission and acceptance of their views.

If you want to avoid a company because you don't have the same view, do so. But if a company releases a statement against racism and discrimination in any civil world that is not a point that you ask them to bow and kiss your boots. It should be accepted for what it is, even if your politics affect your views of people.

The truth is, and you guys will admit it if you are honest - is there is nothing Epik could do that would actually make you like them. You would only feel personally victorious in your battle to beat them into submission or nonexistence - once again all over politics.

In full disclosure: I don't even have any names with Epik, or any stake in their success or failure, but I do not like to see people or companies bullied based off political differences IN EITHER DIRECTION. That is not professional or civil.
When you talk about a corporate statement, what do you think any company would say publicly? What do you think most racists do. They hide it. That's what they do. So, forget the statement. It's useless.

If Epik wants to take a stand, they should donate to worthy causes that diligently and actively work to stamp out all forms of hate based on race, religion or otherwise. They should paint their site black and stop the dancing around where they stand.

There is no "dark force" going after Epik as far as I can see. Epik sponsors gab. A known racist organization. They should have directly addressed how they intend to sever the relationship. That's what that letter should have said.

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately I get the impression that the controversial variety of “free speech” supported at Epik all tends in one direction. Is this because no one else knocks at the door or because these particular brands of extremism are condoned by Epik?

•••
I love these speeches, they express love and warmth, respect for fellow men but they only help to encourage the chaos going on all over the place. If you want anarchy (and a lot of people seem to) then this is what you gotta live through. This is what it looks like. Just don't complain when you actually need the services that a civilised society can give you, but you can't get it because you are now reclassified because of your new downgraded living choices. If you want to pussyfoot around these issues, make excuses, find reasons for the behaviour of the mob while more destruction and death goes on then don't complain. Live with the choice that you are enabling it.

For the rest of us who actually like social order, a good education system for our children, and who educate our children daily on how to behave in society, we are waiting for a hard hand to bring things back into shape. Just like the hard hands that taught me and by generation that there are consequences to our actions. Sweden is also burning. I'm sick of this shit. Just 2 nights ago I was sitting on a bench in my local town center and two cops came up to me with hands on holsters and asked what I was doing there. Then they said they were looking for a man who was going around with an axe and asked if I had seen him.

I like to think that I care about people in general, but if you are out with an axe, maybe trying to hurt someone with it then I hope the police come down on you like a tonne of bricks, rather than me, my family or one of my innocent neighbours having to suffer your screwed up version of the world.

Another thing, everybody has their own battles to fight. Nobody claims the trophy for living the perfect life or having it all good all the time. If you are a 30 year old with a normal brain, eyesight, functional limbs and reasonable IQ then the only reason for your failings is you. It can take the ones that work hardest 1,2,3, 15, 30, 100 falls and getting back off their asses again before things start to go right.

Peace to those who know what I am talking about.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

didn't read thru 7 pages, cuz the 1st page went off track
because to two brothers from different mothers,
are trying to explain to each other,
the problems of being black
or African or a descendant from... from their respective perspectives.

I truly felt what they were saying
an African feeling prejudice from brothers is usa
and brothers in usa killing each other for no apparent reason....
yet they burn down their own neighborhoods when a white police kills a black person.
seriously, I had to drive outside my own hood to go buy groceries!

still, both of them have truths to tell
but the real truths are about how both of their forefathers...
went thru hell
the psychology of slavery still runs deep thru every generation,
nobody knows it better than those who implement it
Willie Lynch and How To Make A Slave, still in effect
the self-hate they were taught, from the house slave to field slave, to dark slave to light skinned slave, which was typically a child of the Master.
is Massa gonna whip us today?
is Massa gonna sell us today?

there was a time when Black was Beautiful and Beautiful People Use Afro Sheen.
but the afro wasn't corporate, appropriate

on the other side of the story
what sticks out to me

is why this registrar, the same one who won...
by vote of popularity
now has to make a statement
about racism, injustice and equality?

is there a connection between the brothers plight,
and a registrar who supports the rights of some hate speech writers?

is this a divest from, or a reaffirmation of?

long drag and a puff puff ..

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Why are the most popular Epik discussions on Np centered around conspiracy theories and racism?

It is a sad day for our industry that a registrar has to issue such a statement.

I am really saddened.

I would recommend to @Rob Monster and @Epik.com to focus on getting their message (and hopefully actions) picked up by mainstream media rather than using Np as their propaganda platform.

And using cheap labor from 3rd world countries is not proof of non-racism on their behalf.

Sorry to be so direct. But I wish this would stop.

•••
It seems some people have no concept of the effects of being a victim of racism let alone 250 years of it.

It's really annoying to read people posting about hypersensitivity to race, it's not that bad, it depends....and so on.

I have so much compassion for the victims of racism past and present. I think there should be no stopping of protest (aggressive or otherwise) until everyone is equal. I think anyone that is a racist deserves prison.

The focus has to stay of the perpetrators of hate. Not the victims. Racism is wrong. Should be punishable by long prison sentences.

If you don't agree with that, you don't know anything about racism.

Last edited:
•••
Once people go this far down the crazy hole, there is really no coming back

•••
Thank you epik and Rob.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
My stance on the racially-charged state of affairs in the US is a rather controversial one. I maintain that the tenets of the Black Lives Matter movement are absolutely pointless at best and preposterous at worst. I have never met a group of people pervaded with as much self-hatred as blacks. If your life matters, show the world that it does instead of telling them. For starters, stop killing each other over worthless crap. I am writing an extensive article supported with data that will most likely garner a substantial number of enemies in the Black community. What I have to say, while offensive, is the truth that MUST be said. If the spirit moves me, I'll go further and make a documentary.

•••
Racism is real, world needs solutions not people trying to make things worse.

Every life matters. Every race has good and evil individuals.
Sometimes white people kill fellow white people, black people kill fellow black people, same applies to other races. Simply put some people kill fellow human beings, no matter what race.

Black lives matter, does not mean other lives don't matter.

Thread is specific to addressing existing issues of racism and injustice.
Black on black crime or white on white crime is not racism, is a separate issue that needs specific solutions.

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/racism
racism:-

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

I moved all my names from Epik, started moving the names at the beginning of the Gab saga. It is sad because I liked the platform.

Agree with Brad "Take accountability. Take responsibility. Take action to fix it."

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back