status-resolved An actual 'warning system' must be put in place ASAP

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Constantin S

Top Member
Impact
I'm opening this thread because lately I've personally seen more and more threads being opened although they have nothing valuable to add.
There are people whose solely purpose in life is to be a troll and ruin other people work/fun, I even dare to point my cursor to someone: @Premiums
This member alone opened around 150 threads in the last 6 MONTHS, understandably about 50% of them were domain selling threads but it's still incredible how he hasn't been banned yet after he created drama over and over again with threads like:
There's no money in domain names... this industry full of bullsh*t.
NamePros are you mining? in background...
Sell your crypto domains... as soon as possible. ..Ethereum price drop today..

and today:
Army.mil

From what I know from previous experiences Namepros at this moment only sends the rule breaker a 'notification' and not an actual warning. Knowing that Namepros runs on the XenForo platform, which already has a warning system put in place, it should be very easy to solve this issue if @Eric Lyon decides to take some of his time to set it up.
Some recommandations
Small violations: 7 days warning
Medium violations: 30 days warning
Heavy violations: permanent warning (never expiring).
If member reaches 3 active warnings then he gets banned permanently.
Now the exact terms remains to be set by admin as I cannot tell what he consider being small/medium/heavy violations.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well...

In short, I think even the trolls coaxing people to have a conversation is a good thing, because it will stir the pot to bring the truth to light.

People are honest when mad, they make slips, and say things they normally wouldn't.

You want to know the truth about the domain industry, read one of those threads at length.

So I agree it's not the most "Helpful" but I do think that it shows what kind of community NP has when people can come together and openly defend this industry and express their success and failures.

Last edited:
•••
There is another member who opens 1 thread after another and spams the same topics and garbage incessantly. And it seems his sole purpose is to start arguments with the whole community and then make another thread a few days later, if not sooner.

Inside each one he likes to sprinkle his names for sale, like that's gonna make them sell :ROFL: (and the funniest part is he gets a lot of negative responses which only lower the value more to negative numbers, gotta laugh when Google indexes that.)

•••
Hello,

We have a warning system; it is the reason that there are accounts that say, "Account Auto-Closed" with a strike-through their username. That's the easiest way to tell when an account has been closed due to the warning system. The duration that accounts are closed is based on the type of rule violations that closed their accounts.

From what I know from previous experiences Namepros at this moment only sends the rule breaker a 'notification' and not an actual warning.
If it's something small, then a moderator may choose to send a notification instead of an official warning. However, an official warning may still have been added to your account even if you only received a reminder notification.

I've personally seen more and more threads being opened although they have nothing valuable to add.
That is subjective and not something that necessarily deserves a warning.

If you're interested in helping improve the threads that are created on NamePros, then there are a few things you can do:
  1. Read through the NamePros rules.
  2. If you feel there are any rules that need to be changed, removed, or added, then you may contact customer support with that feedback.
  3. If you notice any rule violations by other members, please use the Report link on their content or on their profile pages. Please include specifics about why you are reporting the content or member.
Those are the tools available to everyone, and they can greatly help shape the content that appears on NamePros over time.

We hope that helps.

•••
•••
Here are two general tips that are relevant to this topic:
  1. We ask that members try to put sufficient time and effort into the discussion threads that they create. Otherwise, threads can come across as post padding, noncontributory, or worse.
  2. We have an Ignore feature that will hide all of a member's posts (past, present, and future). Sometimes, that is the best way to personalize your experience on NamePros and filter out content that may not interest you.
Thanks.

•••
There is another member who opens 1 thread after another and spams the same topics and garbage incessantly. And it seems his sole purpose is to start arguments with the whole community and then make another thread a few days later, if not sooner.

Inside each one he likes to sprinkle his names for sale, like that's gonna make them sell :ROFL: (and the funniest part is he gets a lot of negative responses which only lower the value more to negative numbers, gotta laugh when Google indexes that.)

He's at it again - https://www.namepros.com/threads/anatomy-of-a-hang-reg.1093207/

I guess the first 2 bans didn't work.

•••
There's nothing wrong with the thread he created. However, there may be a problem with some of the replies in the thread (from multiple members). We will look into addressing that.

I guess the first 2 bans didn't work.
He has never been banned.

If an account is temporarily closed, then it will be reopened when it's time to give the member another chance.

Please keep in mind that if someone has had their account temporarily closed in the past, it does not give anyone the right to harass or antagonize that member. If anyone does not like someone else or doesn't want to see their posts, then we invite them to use the ignore feature. Instead of fueling a conflict, please use the Report link, because we do not want to see anyone being instigated, baited, or harassed for any reason.

Thanks for understanding.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back