IT.COM

Alternatives to PP (PayPal)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Paypal blocked my account and embezzled 1K in it for 6 months. Just based on IP, but this happened just after I received near 1K. So Paypal is not a safe place to keep your money. I could convince them (I did in the past)
normally but they sound very rigid this time, and I suspect they need cash desparately. To me it was just a timesaver, nothing else. Previously they froze my account without notice after I received 3K, they requested ID, I resisted and won.. Now no proof of anything will help, because they have 1K which they need desparately. Do it to many accounts, and they will survive, they think.

Any reliable alternative with global acceptance? Or is bitcoin a good alternative?

I can create a Paypal account again directly or indirectly, but I just don't want it anymore. They really sound evil this time. We stole your money, it is our decision, so shut up. This is basically what they say.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If no alternative found, I will have to send wires to several registrars, and only thing I would be worried about (besides spending time) would be then: autorenewals. One of the registrars send me a dozen email a day saying, there is not enough money on your account (as if it is a bad thing).

•••
Similar thing happened with adsense. They were extremely nice, and they paid special attention to me, and although I suffered from poor ranking a few times, it was recoverable everytime. And suddenly in 2010 we received permanent penalty: it didn't look permanent at the beginning but it was actually death penalty for PPC and also Seo. Now, who can claim there is good money in PPC, I think noone. They also stole 6K from our account, which we were not in rush to withdraw. But I trust companies like Namesilo and Epik and would keep my money there without worrying. Dynadot: if you deposit 400 , you can't withdraw 1 cents of it, but complete it to 500, then you can withdraw.

•••
•••
No, actually Chitika insisted on Payoneer, and I didn't want it, why? maybe because they needed ID or something similar. They were saying Paypal is not stable or something like this, so they wouldn't use Paypal anymore. And they were right. But requiring ID is not acceptable either.
I think flow of money was made more difficult in recent years and partly for good reasons. And maybe cryptos were offered as solution to this problem. Banks can't distinguish good people from bad people, so they impose restrictions on everyone, and sometimes banks are the evil party.

•••
I am confused.... who was asking ID and what ID ?

•••
Many companies require ID: Namejet, Payoneer (?) .. They need to know who we are, but they can do it indirectly. For example they send a few cents to our bank, and ask us to tell them how much was sent.
Paypal also required ID to unblock my account, and I said you are changing rules of the game, .. and they were convinced, this was a few years ago. Similarly our hosting company required ID, I resisted, and they are now more than happy to keep me as their customer. I suspect some people are trying to kill Paypal from inside. I wish I spent my money there before complaining about login issues, which were harmless.

ID: Photo ID. in US this means drivers license, state ID, or passport.
Someome should invent crypto ID, so we can prove ourselves without revealing our identity in full.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back