IT.COM

ALPNAMES.COM - WARNING! WILL DELETE YOUR DOMAINS & HIKE PRICES WITHOUT NOTICE.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
As someone who has experience with almost every major registrar out there, I am very unhappy with my AlpNames.com experience. Here's why:

1. They raised their .COM renewal fees from $8.75 to $15.00 with NO warning, NO email, NO reminder or alert. A few days prior I renewed a few domains at $8.75, a couple days later I add expired domains to my cart to renew, they're all set at $15.00 each. Dozens of them.

2. They will DELETE DOMAINS from your account OR CHARGE YOU a $60 Recovery fee, a DAY BEFORE the deadline date they specified in their emails when the domain expired! For example: "You must renew domain before the 3rd or it may be unable to recover!" , Ok fine, then on the 2nd, not the 3rd, they're all deleted or a 60 recovery fee is slapped on them. And I checked time-zones, that had nothing to do with it, they were clear in all time-zones!

3. Slow responses for support. I've contacted their support regarding the price hike, then about the domains being deleted before their due time, going on 4 days still waiting for response on time-sensitive/urgent issue.

4. Lastly, Visa doesn't seem to like this company as they're always blocking payment to them. I had to call my bank several times.

I was introduced to AlpNames because of the transfer promo a couple years ago, without issues which is why I didn't transfer out, $8.75 was reasonable so I paid back the savings to them AND THEM some, renewed my domains (HUNDREDS) for 2+ years with them AFTER promo and was going to again, NOT NOW.

If you have names with AlpNames, again, they hiked .com renewals up from $8.75 to $15.00, so if you have dozens or hundreds of domains to renew and you're not looking for an unpleasant surprise during renewal time, here's your fair warning which they won't give. And they lock your domains so you can't transfer out after expiry date and they may just delete your domains or put them in grace period early. Enjoy.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, I have an item that has made an unlocked and moving item. While I made the transaction It appears that the domain is missing from the panel and I can't check where my domain goes. But still online

•••
If you want to send me the domain in a direct message I can try to help you locate it.

•••
what about domain that suddenly gone from Alpnames panel? in the WHOIS it's still registered with alpnames, but gone from panel after clicked unlock (from whois information, domain still locked).

•••
As you may be aware ICANN has made the decision to de-accredit Alpnames as a registrar and today announced that it has awarded the names to the CentralNIC Registrar Group, with the domains to be split between three of its ICANN accredited Registrars – Key-Systems GmBH, Key-Systems LLC and Moniker Online Services, LLC.

ICANN announced us as the gaining registrars here: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/bulk-transfers-2017-10-06-en and ICANN's transfer procedures are described here: https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/dartp-11jul13-en.pdf

We were informed of this decision earlier today and are now in the process of creating accounts at www.moniker.com for all Alpnames customers. The process will be completed as soon as possible.

Part of the process is arranging the transfer of the names into our management. Please be assured that we are working closely with the relevant domain registries to restore access to the domains as quickly as possible. We ask customers for their patience as we complete this process, we will only be creating the customer accounts once the domains have been transferred. Customers that own ccTLDs with Alpnames and require assistance in accessing and transferring these names please get in contact.

We will email customers asap with information on how to access their account at www.moniker.com, where all domains previously managed via Alpnames will be migrated.

A dedicated email address, [email protected] has been set up, where our support team can assist customers. Our team will also be present on forums and blogs to answer questions.

Thanks!

Key-Systems and Moniker

I hope you do some name or email matching... for people who already had accnts on moniker?

if so, will the transfr hapen for those any quicker? since you do not need to make accnts.

ty

•••
I hope you do some name or email matching... for people who already had accnts on moniker?

if so, will the transfr hapen for those any quicker? since you do not need to make accnts.

ty

It won't happen any quicker, because the slow part is arranging with the registries to shift the names from Alpnames to us. If you have an account with Moniker already send us an email with your Moniker Account Number and the domains that are going to move over from Alpnames so that we can match them and put them in your account.

•••
It won't happen any quicker, because the slow part is arranging with the registries to shift the names from Alpnames to us. If you have an account with Moniker already send us an email with your Moniker Account Number and the domains that are going to move over from Alpnames so that we can match them and put them in your account.

wait a minute.. I thought you move all domains and at no cost?

now I how to pick the names? and maybe pay them too? ty.

•••
wait a minute.. I thought you move all domains and at no cost?

now I how to pick the names? and maybe pay them too? ty.

There won't be a cost associated with the transfer. You don't have to do anything unless you want us to move names to an account you already have, if you don't then you can just wait and we will email you with information about how to access your account as soon as the domain has been moved there.

•••
There won't be a cost associated with the transfer. You don't have to do anything unless you want us to move names to an account you already have, if you don't then you can just wait and we will email you with information about how to access your account as soon as the domain has been moved there.

ok so let me get straigth:

1- yuo do not do namematching and if we already have accnt, we still need to email you else you create a new one... I presume with same name and email as on the whois? if so, then how does yoru system let u have 2 identical name/email accnts on moniker?

2- what did you mean by picking the names I want to transfr? or can I just say.. plz transfer all?

ty

•••
ok so let me get straigth:

1- yuo do not do namematching and if we already have accnt, we still need to email you else you create a new one... I presume with same name and email as on the whois? if so, then how does yoru system let u have 2 identical name/email accnts on moniker?

2- what did you mean by picking the names I want to transfr? or can I just say.. plz transfer all?

ty

I just meant that you can send us a list of the names that should be in your account and we can match them from there. We will do our best to match names to accounts but we will be working from a very limited set of data and there will be hundreds of thousands of lines of it, where there is any doubt we will have to create new accounts. Either way we are able to merge accounts and shift domains for you afterwards if needed so don't worry too much.

•••
so I got the email from moniker about move today

looks like it'll be duplicate accnts for all who already had one there.. apparently its easier for them than matching with oru old account.. not easier for you of course.. but easier for them..
emailing them won't solve that. still 2 accounts.

then you just push to your other accnt if u wanna.

remember all moved names come with auto renew on.. but I guess if they're new accnts with no cc or pp on file, then payments won't go through anyway... so we don't need to worry about auto renew charges.

Last edited:
•••
All right, we also received email from Moniker today at 3:29 hour zone Greenwich Time.
Glad that KS-Marketing is in touch about.
Mario.

•••
@KS-Marketing

Hello, i'm expecting a few .win domains to be transferred from alpnames.

Do you recommend creating an account and emailing you the domains, customer id from alpnames and so on?

Or do you recommend just to wait?

Thank you.

•••
@KS-Marketing

Hello, i'm expecting a few .win domains to be transferred from alpnames.

Do you recommend creating an account and emailing you the domains, customer id from alpnames and so on?

Or do you recommend just to wait?

Thank you.

We recommend to wait and we will email you with your account details once the domains are available for access. Unfortunately the only data that we have to use is the Registration Data so if you have registered on behalf of a client or other party and do not have access to the Registrant email I suggest that you get in touch with us so that we can reoslve that.

•••
The first two of our (120) Alpnames domains just arrived (about 3:00 PM hours Greenwich Time) on control panel of Public Domain Registry section called Resellerclub, and the machine at Alpnames send us a confirmation.

All services scheduled for our domains resident on Alpnames meanwhile are performig as ever.
(Mario)

•••
I just got an email from ResellerClub (I had previously got the Moniker general one). I was sceptical because I did not recognize the Reseller Club but I presume that means that it really is about the Alpnames move and safe to log on?

Bob

•••
I just got an email from ResellerClub (I had previously got the Moniker general one). I was sceptical because I did not recognize the Reseller Club but I presume that means that it really is about the Alpnames move and safe to log on?

Bob

resellers club is not the registrar of my ex alpnames
.top domains

•••
PDR/Endurance (ResellerClub) is absolutely another story and the same LogicBoxes platform (their own).
They just moved the domains under their accreditation from their former reseller AlpNames.

Still no any moves by Moniker/KS regarding the domains under AlpNames accreditation.
Too hard task for them... ~1 week elapsed.

•••
PDR/Endurance (ResellerClub) is absolutely another story and the same LogicBoxes platform (their own).
They just moved the domains under their accreditation from their former reseller AlpNames.

Still no any moves by Moniker/KS regarding the domains under AlpNames accreditation.
Too hard task for them... ~1 week elapsed.

Just to respond to this. We have actually already moved 16 TLDs and notified customers with those TLDs that the domains are available in their accounts. More will become available today and we will continue to notify customers as and when the domains are transferred into our management by the Registry. It may look like slow progress on our end but we are reliant on each gTLD registry to move the domains from Alpnames into our Registrar accounts before we can give the ability to manage them through Moniker.com.

This process was mentioned in our notice sent to all Alpnames customers after we were informed we would become the new registrar, please keep an eye out for emails from us with details on the procedures.

The domains will be come available at Moniker.com within hours of the Registry moving them and an email will be sent to affected customers after each TLD move.

Last edited:
•••
@frank-germany We are currently negotiating the move of the .top domains with the registry but there are some sticking points with their requirements and unfortunately I don't have a date for you on when these will move. If you would like to contact the registry to put pressure on them to resolve the situation then please do, their email is [email protected]

•••
I also have only .TOPs with AlpNames...
Thanks for your explanation of this delay.

•••
@frank-germany We are currently negotiating the move of the .top domains with the registry but there are some sticking points with their requirements and unfortunately I don't have a date for you on when these will move. If you would like to contact the registry to put pressure on them to resolve the situation then please do, their email is [email protected]

automated reply:

Hello! Thanks for your letter:)
I am on my holiday from 5th April ,2019 to 8th April,2019 . For any emergency matters, you can skype or call me:+86.13382433982.

Wish you a nice day!
Best regards.

Vivian
.Top Registry

•••
@KS-Marketing any estimation on the .com told move. I figured that would be one of the first, but I, obviously, don't know hat processes that you need to go through.

•••
•••
automated reply:

Hello! Thanks for your letter:)
I am on my holiday from 5th April ,2019 to 8th April,2019 . For any emergency matters, you can skype or call me:+86.13382433982.

Wish you a nice day!
Best regards.

Vivian
.Top Registry

回复:alpnames / moniker

profile_mask2.png

Vivian Sun
12:49 (4 hours ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

to me, xxx, [email protected]
cleardot.gif

forwarded:

------------

Dear Garren:

Hello!
Could you help Frank with that issue.
Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Vivian

----------
该邮件从移动设备发送

( The message is sent from a mobile device )
- thanks to google translate - I can read mandarin !! -

Last edited:
•••
Transfer just now completed on Moniker for 15 of my Alpnames resident domains.
Seem a nice control panel.
(Mario)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back