NameSilo

Afternic Standard vs Premium Network

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by falez, Sep 8, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. falez

falez Established Member

I'm trying to determine whether or not it's worth transferring my domains to an "accepted" registrar from their current registrars. Hence, if you have any experience selling on the Afternic Standard and or Premium Networks, I'd love to know what your experience has been like. Has anybody found lots of success on the standard network? Does the Premium Network blow the Standard Network out of the water? What are your thoughts are regarding the two networks? Do certain types of domains have higher success rates than other types of domains on Afternic and or one network or the other?

Thanks

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Avtar629

Avtar629 MarketDN.com Gold Account VIP

never knew this was a "Premium Network" over at Afternic.

3. falez

falez Established Member

Yep, which supposedly gets your domains in front of over 75 million+ potential buyers instead of 35 million+ with the chance of selling it 10 times faster. But your domain has to be at certain registrars that support fast transfer.

4. falez

falez Established Member

Have you used Afternic before?

5. Avtar629

yes? I guess been using the standard one all this time? not premium?

6. falez

falez Established Member

And what has your experience been like?

7. Avtar629

I had several inquiries but no bites. there is one I'm working on for 6 figures. it's an exact match domain for a travel industry company that just did a rebrand that's a match for my domain.

Go figure! why would you as a billion dollar company rebrand. announce it. then finally come around and ask "how much for your domain?"

lol this is gonna fun!

8. kriss05

kriss05 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

While I'm not sure how higher exposure on premium network is, compared to that on standard network, below are few important things to keep in mind, from my experience.

Premium network is good if you like things being fully automated. I.e. if buyer hits BIN button, the domain on premium network will be transferred automatically and the transaction will typically close in .ca 10 days. As no manual work (supposedly) is involved, the probability of delays is much less than that in case of standard network.

Premium network has some disadvantages compared to standard network. Domains on premium network will become inactive ("in review") as soon as they expire. In order to make them active again, one typically needs to remove and re-add them into account and ask the account rep. to "push them live", because such domains not always go active themselves once entered "in review" status. If one has many domains, it is a pain.

In case of standard network, expired domains don't get delisted automatically once they expire. It is good if one is going to renew some of expired domains because in this case there won't be hassles related to removing/readding/asking to make them live again. It has disadvantage, however. If domain on standard network drops and gets re-registered by someone else, it will still stay active in one's account. If then domain sells, one will face consequences of selling the domain which one doesn't own. The problem is the main Afternic sales channel is GoDaddy search route, so such consequences might arise quite often.

Furthermore, despite domains on standard network require manual work related to submitting the auth code/pushing the domain to Afternic account as well as the work performed by the Afternic rep to push/transfer the domain to the buyer, nowadays sales on standard network often close much faster than those on premium one, maybe because of manual oversight involved. Nevertheless, manual transactions (standard network) get delayed much more often than automatic ones (premium network), so often it is required to remind Afternic reps to proceed. If one needs predictable cashflow or doesn't have enough money reserves, then such delays sometimes can be troublesome, so in such cases premium network would be more suitable.

9. falez

falez Established Member

You're working on that deal via Afternic?

10. falez

falez Established Member

Have you found from your experience that domains sell "10 times faster" on the premium network?

11. kriss05

kriss05 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

12. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Manual VS Automatic transfer.
    The only one difference.
    Listing distribution is the same for both.

13. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

And on Sedo as well...
    Basic (manual) MLS VS Premium (auto) MLS.

14. Avtar629

no. funny thing. The inbound via Afternic. the buyer I think used his full name and all I did was Google his name and found out the company he worked for. hahaha lol.

felt bad about this with the Afternic rep.

I was never gonn accept any offer by the potential buyer via afternic once I had that info about the buyer.

Been back and forth contact for months already with the company in question.

Starting to feel like a hungry starving wolf drooling at fat pig on a farm. lol

patiently.

15. falez

falez Established Member

make him bleed

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice