Afternic request to update change your payment method is legitimate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
If you're with Afternic you should be receiving a suspicious looking email
gaEqiGEl.png

that tells you that your payment method has changed, and to contact them if you didn't do it.

Actually, what this email MEANS is that you must go to your Afternic account and UPDATE the particulars of your payment method, which means, essentially, that you must reenter everything and click to save.

You must go to the My Account page of your Afternic.com account, scroll down to the section that says "Domain Sale Payments from Afternic," find your primary payee, click "Edit" and fill out the payee information again, which some of it will already be prefilled, such as the address, and some (such as the bank account info, and W-9 form EIN for your corporation or SSN/TIN for individual) will not. After doing all this send a message to Afternic support or to your account manager to make sure it shows as 'Payable' in the new system, to verify that you did it right.

Afternic is doing this because they have a new third party payment processor now, to pay you for your domain sales and parking revenue. You will get the money via ACH into the same bank account same as always once you update everything.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They always paid me via Paypal; If I don't enter new banking details is Paypal payment still okay, or is it now axed? Anyone know this or should I message J Styler?

•••
Does this mean Afternic have dumped Tipalti as their payment processor? There are really problematic errors in their payment details submission form and the logic behind it, and they are trying to force you into their own 2% currency exchange fee when much better options exist. As usual Afternic deny all knowledge of problems and say nothing needs fixing.

You can read all about it at https://www.namepros.com/threads/pr...rt-problems-here.1006373/page-42#post-7118558

Another weird thing is you cannot delete a payment method once you enter it, and the edit button appears greyed out but then does work anyway, at least some of the time.

•••
My recent ACH payment from Afternic for a sold domain did incur a small fee. Before there was no fee for ACH.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back