IT.COM

sales Afternic - Pending sale?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I have a name with a "Pending Sale status" at Afternic, but I haven't received any notification from Afternic by e-mail. Will Afternic send you the successful sale confirmation e-mail after the payment is confirmed?

Or is it more likely that it's someone have made a BIN buy, but then backed out?

Ps. I have contacted Afternic, but no reply yet.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

I have a name with a "Pending Sale status" at Afternic, but I haven't received any notification from Afternic by e-mail. Will Afternic send you the successful sale confirmation e-mail after the payment is confirmed?

Or is it more likely that it's someone have made a BIN buy, but then backed out?

Ps. I have contacted Afternic, but no reply yet.
It normally takes 2 to 3 days before you are asked to follow the next step regarding the domain transfer process. Wishing you all the best with your impending sale :)

•••
Thanks, I am probably just too eager here :P

*relax, it's weekend*

•••
Thanks, I am probably just too eager here :P

*relax, it's weekend*
Weekend or sometimes bank transactions abnormally take little longer time. I'm sure everything would go smooth my friend :)

•••
I'm also in the same situation as you (only as the buyer). I completed a buy-now two days ago and apart from the 'thank you for your money' I haven't heard from them.

Note that afternic are totally random in their resolution depending on which registrar the domain is.
In the past I have had sales' messages coming to my mail but I only heard from afternic about a week later.
Once, I even cancelled a 'transfer to registrar' mail since I didn't even know it was a sale I had made.

I'm always very very VERY careful when conducting business with afternic

•••
Once, I even cancelled a 'transfer to registrar' mail since I didn't even know it was a sale I had made.

"Funny", this just happened to me in this case. That is why I got aware of the pending sale.

I've sold domains with Afternic before, but have not experienced any problems then. They actually have been doing things fast and smooth at these occasions.

•••
Don't worry to much yet ;) My last sale at Afternic, exact same thing happened and the buyer spammed me to transfer the domain (Afternics job to transfer it out not mine). Took a couple of days to get the deal done.

•••
Still waiting to hear from them. Sent them $1k on Friday, It's Tuesday now and I haven't heard a single word since then other than 'thank you for your money'.

Meanwhile, I have made a sale for a domain I have on pheenix and I received transfer details from GoDaddy lol. *I* received the transfer details?... shouldn't I be the one to *send* the details to the buyer?
btw. I didn't even know I had made a sale.. no relative message came to me

•••
My sale just got confirmed and I am transferring it out now.

Personally, I think they should focus on fast support and escrow. I understand that they need to confirm payments etc, but after that, a transfer completion is just a few clicks away.

The 20% standard commission on each sale is not peanuts...

•••
My sale just got confirmed and I am transferring it out now.

Personally, I think they should focus on fast support and escrow. I understand that they need to confirm payments etc, but after that, a transfer completion is just a few clicks away.

The 20% standard commission on each sale is not peanuts...

exactly. With the 20% fee, I'd certainly expect a lot more than the current confusion

I'm very worried that, despite domain being a buy-now, they won't be able to secure it. I don't know why but I have that feeling..
I noticed the seller removed the instance on sedo as soon as I completed the payment... and that was on friday. What has happened since then is a mystery.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back