NameSilo

Afternic - Official Thread

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Top Member
🥇 Best Registrar (2016-2018)
:heavy_check_mark: GoDaddy Staff
Impact
1,331
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.
 
18
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Fwiw, Jenny C. is in my Assignees list (one sale).
 
3
•••
I received a six-figure offer for one of my domain names on August 30th. I responded immediately and the negotiation process began. However, despite sending messages via dashboard and email on September 3rd, 5th, and 9th, I have received no news from the broker assigned to the lead for 11 days.

Just when a solid deal was about to be struck, could I please find out the reason for this almost two-week period of silence, dear @GoDaddy? Are you unable to keep your business partners updated throughout the process?

Moreover, I can see that the same broker is active on other new inquiries that have come in since then!
 
26
•••
0
•••
Afternic now requires sending a verification code via email every time I log in. Today, I found that I couldn't receive Afternic's verification code email. I clicked on resend but still couldn't receive it
 
3
•••
Afternic now requires sending a verification code via email every time I log in. Today, I found that I couldn't receive Afternic's verification code email. I clicked on resend but still couldn't receive it
As an alternative, you could log in using an app that generates time-based one-time passcodes (TOTP) for two-factor authentication (2FA), such as Google Authenticator or Authy. Unlike email verification codes, these apps generate the code locally on your device, so you're not dependent on an email actually arriving.

https://help.afternic.com/s/article/How-can-I-set-up-Two-Factor-Authentication-for-my-account

Some example TOTP apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.authenticator2

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.azure.authenticator

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.authy.authy
 
7
•••
Afternic now requires sending a verification code via email every time I log in. Today, I found that I couldn't receive Afternic's verification code email. I clicked on resend but still couldn't receive it
I have received it now, with a delay of 10 minutes
 
4
•••
As an alternative, you could log in using an app that generates time-based one-time passcodes (TOTP) for two-factor authentication (2FA), such as Google Authenticator or Authy. Unlike email verification codes, these apps generate the code locally on your device, so you're not dependent on an email actually arriving.

https://help.afternic.com/s/article/How-can-I-set-up-Two-Factor-Authentication-for-my-account

Some example TOTP apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.authenticator2

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.azure.authenticator

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.authy.authy
thanks
 
2
•••
3
•••
When will Afternic allow us to require a down payment for LTO names? (either X% or $X as the first up-front payment, then $X per month for X months)
 
4
•••
When will Afternic allow us to require a down payment for LTO names? (either X% or $X as the first up-front payment, then $X per month for X months)

2047
 
2
•••
1
•••
0
•••
When will Afternic have a proper API so we can manage our domains centrally ? 🥲
 
0
•••
I found that if Afternic uses buy it now (bin) lander, accessing it in China will still be a request price lander, and accessing it outside of China will be a buy it now (bin) lander.
 
5
•••
I keep forgetting to ask this... why do Leased domains that were completed still show up in your Portfolio Summary as if they are still part of your portfolio? Sold domains don't show up there so why do completed leases?
 
11
•••
I keep forgetting to ask this... why do Leased domains that were completed still show up in your Portfolio Summary as if they are still part of your portfolio? Sold domains don't show up there so why do completed leases?
Yes, I find that odd as well.
 
1
•••
I have a domain in my GD account listed on afternic but it shows the registrar as

Hexonet Services Inc / 1API​

I don't want to have to pay 30% if it sells. I contacted them, waiting for reply...
 
0
•••
Last edited:
3
•••
I have a domain in my GD account listed on afternic but it shows the registrar as

Hexonet Services Inc / 1API​

I don't want to have to pay 30% if it sells. I contacted them, waiting for reply...


1789946370210.png


.
 
2
•••
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back