Afternic - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @Armageddon,
As we shared via DM, your 12 sales are under review with Afternic's Transaction Assurance team. We are unable to share more details than this. The team is working as quickly as possible to complete the review, and we will continue to keep you posted. You can reach out to [email protected] at any point to discuss this further.

And as this point NO MONEY & NO DOMAINS since the domains are under new ownership of buyer/s

Last edited:
•••
What? because was 20 sales in 10 days just luck & lot of work
Yeh ..& the 13 why was not paid already , for Vix .cc should be done on 25 & 26 March 2024 but no...no...no...
as i say sson i will reach point of no return
God Bless you @GoDaddy

New owner , new site

vixsite.png

Whois

vixhois.png

Payout for 25/26 March ( we are 27 )

vixpayout.png

No money ....Niceee.... @GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
@GoDaddy - Please make fast transfer payouts much much faster. There currently isn't anything "fast" about "fast transfer" (quite the opposite). Waiting 7-10 days for a payout sucks. Most domain investors can manually complete transfers just as fast anyways.

•••
Hi @Edukar,
We encourage you to reach out to [email protected] to discuss this.
This will not help, I wrote at this address since 2019. The Afternic limited the inhabitants of Russia long ago until 2022. I was offered to enter my iPs on Afternic white list some years ago, but I refused, because I wanted an honest access for all domainers. I'm not used to going through the black entrance. Even then, I did not get a clear answer why the my countrymen should not get to the Afternic without VPN. You must contact your leadership yourself and fix this issue here in public. The essence of my claims is simple. Godaddy allowed to register domains on its site to residents of my country, allows them to sell domains at Afternic (but it is impossible to go there without VPN) and forbids to sell domains at Dan. I ask GD management to solve this problem - either to ban russian citizens to use all your resurs, or to open full access to all your products without restrictions. I am writing this here because my personal message with these questions remained unanswered.

•••
@GoDaddy Please train up your support staff I called 4 times yesterday and got 4 different answers from each guide. None of them were right and have complicated the sale of my domain.

•••
Dear Afternic,
Can you please explain why there is a difference in the payment schedule for my two domain sales as follows:

1. The Payment is made 9 days after Sold:
  • 17 March 2024, Sold a name in Afternic for $288.
  • Fast Transfer/Afternic DLS.
  • The status of "Transfer Complete" on 18 March 2024.
  • Payment / Disbursment made on 26 March 2024.

2. Very fast payment; made 1 day after Sold:
  • 21 March 2024, Sold a name in Afternic for $150.
  • Manual Transfer/Sending Auth code
  • The status of "Transfer Complete" at the same day.
  • Payment / Disbursment made on 22 March 2024.

Thank You

•••
Dear Afternic,
Can you please explain why there is a difference in the payment schedule for my two domain sales as follows:

Thank You
It's because of the "fast transfer" which is what I am complaining about a few posts above ^ ... There isn't anything fast about it. It takes 7-10 days to get paid with "fast transfer". It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
•••
It's because of the "fast transfer" which is what I am complaining about a few posts above ^ ... There isn't anything fast about it. It takes 7-10 days to get paid with "fast transfer". It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
"Fast Transfer" does not refer to payment processing speed. It only reflects the quickness of the domain transfer from the seller to the buyer, with the added convenience of not needing to wait for authorization codes to be manually submitted..

•••
"Fast Transfer" does not refer to payment processing speed. It only reflects the quickness of the domain transfer from the seller to the buyer, with the added convenience of not needing to wait for authorization codes to be manually submitted..
I understand that but it doesn't really make a difference. Most registrars let you approve transfers instantly with the exception of a few. I and most I know quickly submit authorization code and complete the transfer. Whether the person manually completed the transfer or the automated fast transfer system within 1 day, why hold the payout for 7-10 days? They could definitely do better here. Don't get me wrong, I use and like many other things about afternic but they need to fix fast transfer. This is from their website by the way (link below if you want to see for yourself):

"The Fast Transfer network currently includes over 90 partners, contributing to 85 million monthly search queries across our network, bringing unparalleled exposure for aftermarket domain names.

Fast Transfer provides immediate transfer to buyers after payment is received. For sellers, it means no work required to transfer your domain name upon selling, while typically allowing them to get paid quicker with a faster closing time compared with Afternic’s standard network."

https://blog.afternic.com/xyz-io-fast-transfer/

Last edited:
•••
I think @Michael need to deleted reported sale from Namebio.com since no money & no domains from @GoDaddy for:

Vix.cc - set to be paid on 26 March 2024 but still not receive money
12 SALES in total amount of $2210 not paid
noteped.com - 212.5 Thu Mar 12 2024 250 Payout Pending
grokapplication.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250 Payout Pending
applicationgrok.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250 Payout Pending
grokaffiliate.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250 Payout Pending
affiliategrok.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250 Payout Pending
grokindustry.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250 Payout Pending
grokrelic.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250 Payout Pending
forextradegpt.com 127.5 Mon Mar 18 2024 150 Payout Pending
perpetuumgpt.com 127.5Tue Mar 19 2024 150 Payout Pending
idemgpt.com 127.5Tue Mar 19 2024 150 Payout Pending
jointventuregpt.com 127.5Tue Mar 19 2024 150 Payout Pending
ivannah.com 212.5 Wed Mar 20 2024 250 Payout Pending

For What? Because was 20 sales ( must be some kind of record ) in 10 days just luck & lot of work on promoting my domains...i work almost 16 H / day because domains are my only income revenue

I think they enjoy on this @GoDaddy :ROFL: since not even Vix.cc not get the money

Last edited:
•••
I think @Michael need to deleted reported sale from Namebio.com since no money & no domains from @GoDaddy for:

Vix.cc - set to be paid on 26 March 2024 but still not receive money
12 SALES in total amount of $2210 not paid
noteped.com - 212.5 Thu Mar 12 2024 250 Payout Pending
grokapplication.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250 Payout Pending
applicationgrok.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250 Payout Pending
grokaffiliate.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250 Payout Pending
affiliategrok.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250 Payout Pending
grokindustry.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250 Payout Pending
grokrelic.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250 Payout Pending
forextradegpt.com 127.5 Mon Mar 18 2024 150 Payout Pending
perpetuumgpt.com 127.5Tue Mar 19 2024 150 Payout Pending
idemgpt.com 127.5Tue Mar 19 2024 150 Payout Pending
jointventuregpt.com 127.5Tue Mar 19 2024 150 Payout Pending
ivannah.com 212.5 Wed Mar 20 2024 250 Payout Pending

For What? Because was 20 sales ( must be some kind of record ) in 10 days just luck & lot of work on promoting my domains...i work almost 16 H / day because domains are my only income revenue

I think they enjoy on this @GoDaddy :ROFL: since not even Vix.cc not get the money

28 March , the same situation for all 13 sales
i think i can say good by for my money at this point
Because no hope to send me the money ...possible to take years...i will be on another worlds until i get my money from @GoDaddy /Afternic
:ROFL:

Give me back the domains if money you can't do @GoDaddy or send the money very fast
aaa.....& vix.cc....the new owners enjoy & work on website , also the rest of 12 names buyers enjoy they have the names under ownership

Last edited:
•••
@GoDaddy - Please make fast transfer payouts much much faster. There currently isn't anything "fast" about "fast transfer" (quite the opposite). Waiting 7-10 days for a payout sucks. Most domain investors can manually complete transfers just as fast anyways.
Hi @werty
Your feedback is valuable. While many sales categories have expedited payouts, Fast Transfer network sales have more complexities and other partners involved. We are certainly always looking at ways to reduce the payout times on domain sales.

@GoDaddy Please train up your support staff I called 4 times yesterday and got 4 different answers from each guide. None of them were right and have complicated the sale of my domain.
Hi @DomainLift
Thank you for your feedback. We will DM you for more information so that we can share your experience with the support team.

Dear Afternic,

Thank You
Hi @Most Bay,
This is related to the question we answered for @werty above. Your manual transfer sale followed the expedited payment process. The Fast Transfer network currently does not follow the expedited payment process.

•••
Hi @werty
Your feedback is valuable. While many sales categories have expedited payouts, Fast Transfer network sales have more complexities and other partners involved. We are certainly always looking at ways to reduce the payout times on domain sales.

Hi @DomainLift
Thank you for your feedback. We will DM you for more information so that we can share your experience with the support team.

Hi @Most Bay,
This is related to the question we answered for @werty above. Your manual transfer sale followed the expedited payment process. The Fast Transfer network currently does not follow the expedited payment process.

Nothing about my problem ? How sweet :xf.love:

•••
Nothing about my problem ? How sweet :xf.love:
Hi @Armageddon
As we have previously said, your sales are under review and the team will reach out directly to you once that has concluded. Please reach out to Afternic’s support team if you have any further questions.

•••
Hi @Armageddon
As we have previously said, your sales are under review and the team will reach out directly to you once that has concluded. Please reach out to Afternic’s support team if you have any further questions.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Under review of what?
All domains are under new ownership , the buyers , what review?
No explanation a real one
is simple , some one dont like me on afternic or godaddy or what ever

I REACH 25 TIMES BY EMAIL OR PHONE - NOTHING

Last edited:
•••
only 25 times?
Go sit on your hands for the day, less you bother them faster you get your money
I remember joe joe styler in 2020
Big things coming to afternic in 2021

•••
only 25 times?
Go sit on your hands for the day, less you bother them faster you get your money
:ROFL:

ohhhh a new avatar...nice :xf.love:

•••
only 25 times?
As is now the situation i think they want to keep money for themselves & since the domains have new owners ( the buyers ) ...🤷‍♀️....so me....we have a word for this....f & with money taken :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
You’ll get your money. Its not like there is 100 threads here saying Afternic ripped me off. I would be urinated too.
Very un pro way of going about it.
Your payment is in queue. 25th in line

Last edited:
•••
You’ll get your money. Its not like there is 100 threads here saying Afternic ripped me off. I would be urinated too.
Very un pro way if going about it.

is not in any queue
+ Vix cc was to be send funds on 26 March but was blockes because they can...very simple & the rest of 12 probably they come up with a reason & not set a payout date 🤷

•••
Very un pro way of going about it.
I do think he brings up a valid point, though. @GoDaddy said "your sales are under review." But if the purchased domains have already been transferred to the new owners, one would have to assume that GoDaddy has already been paid, right? If GoDaddy has been paid, and the domains have already been transferred to the new owners, what exactly needs to be "reviewed"?

•••
I do think he brings up a valid point, though. @GoDaddy said "your sales are under review." But if the purchased domains have already been transferred to the new owners, one would have to assume that GoDaddy has already been paid, right? If GoDaddy has been paid, and the domains have already been transferred to the new owners, what exactly needs to be "reviewed"?
Exact . This is what i say
They repeat like a robot "Under Review" on phone , email & here
"As we shared via DM, your 12 sales are under review with Afternic's Transaction Assurance team. We are unable to share more details than this. The team is working as quickly as possible to complete the review, and we will continue to keep you posted" one of response here (above)

Big secret can't share , not even on private

let's say ( even is absurd ) ok under review 12 sales ....but VIX.CC ?
Was stop from payment even was set to be on 26 March...just because the rest of 12 are under review

Last edited:
•••
Hi @Armageddon
As we have previously said, your sales are under review and the team will reach out directly to you once that has concluded.

Wouldn't it be better to have this "sales review" before you transferred the domains to a new buyer?

Last edited:
•••
Yes you should have got paid. Total bs how godaddy treats its clients/competition. Spoon feeding us crap for years.
The money may be the difference between eating or not eating, we dont know. We ass/u/me
Modern technology now and Dan proved it before selling out, payment can be faster. Hopefully daddy will give you the money you earned and deserve.
Right @GoDaddy ?
Tomorrow is a commercialized stat holiday, so I cant see that speeding up process. Daddy doesnt like paying time and a half, let alone simply paying.
Staying on top.ic all my names are in hidden status at afternic, the new beta 2.o is pathetic in mobile. I am starting to believe some these actions are deliberate. Daddy and his boys cant be that stupid

•••
With Afternic no longer having a search engine for their domains, what do all the Afternic employees do all day? This switch to GoDaddy searches must be cutting down on Afternic buyer traffic and leads, as all they're getting now is direct type-ins from hosted domains.

If my Afternic account is any indication, their job now is to exhume old leads to see if anyone is still interested in buying.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back