Afternic - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afternic Upload File Not Working

Has anyone tried to update their Afternic account with file upload today? The classic version for Add Domains forces redirect to Beta version for me. I try to upload a CSV file using the latest template and get an "Invalid file type" message.

Afternic says that it requires CSV and that's exactly what I am trying to upload. I've done the uploads many times in the past. It feels like another premature / not really ready GoDaddy/Afternic shift to beta similar to what they've done with GoDaddy Auctions. I'm hoping that Afternic/GoDaddy's very good staff will be able to help in spite of the system fail.

Last edited:
•••
Afternic Upload File does NOT work currently with Firefox. Chrome is OK it seems.

•••
Thanks for your update @Garet, the new Add Domains flow has been available for over 6 months, and we are transitioning away from the classic view at Afternic.

It sounds like a localized error, and we're glad it's working for you now.

Last edited:
•••
@GoDaddy, Does Afternic offer account rep or manager services? If yes, what requirements need to be met for one to be assigned?

•••
I see the new columns Views, Leads

Can those be included in the EXPORT
Also, can you make those column headings clickable to SORT Up/Down (like BuyNow, DomainName, etc...)

•••
Good morning, When will Godaddy and Afternic start registering and listing dot bot domains?

Last edited:
•••
Thank you.

That is definitely not my listing. The previous owner let the domain expire -- there should be some sort of system to automatically delete domains from Auctions as soon as they expire. The domain is currently not registered at GoDaddy anyway.
Thank you.

That is definitely not my listing. The previous owner let the domain expire -- there should be some sort of system to automatically delete domains from Auctions as soon as they expire. The domain is currently not registered at GoDaddy anyway.
Hi, are you resolved your issue with wrong listing ? Because Godaddy won't delete similar old fake listing for several months.

I have bought the domain on Epik marketplace several months ago ,
Screenshot_20231204_082317_Gmail.jpg

Later i sent emails to Afternic but old listing still available on their platform . Why do Afternic Godaddy scamming people?
Screenshot_20231204_083451_Samsung Internet.jpg

Godaddy become suck when sold their company to Indians.

I am not interested to add the domain on Afternic. I am a new owner and want delete it.

What about others who aren't domainers their domains selling for years without permission...

•••
@GoDaddy, Does Afternic offer account rep or manager services? If yes, what requirements need to be met for one to be assigned?
Yes! Afternic can provide account management services. The criteria tend to be based on usage and sales. If you DM us, we'd be happy to talk further about this!

•••
I see the new columns Views, Leads

Can those be included in the EXPORT
Also, can you make those column headings clickable to SORT Up/Down (like BuyNow, DomainName, etc...)

tdfs-stats-1600x900.jpeg

Yes, if anyone missed our announcement, Afternic has launched its first iteration of visitor statistics for Afternic landers!

Heading to your portfolio page, you'll find a Views column, keeping track of visits to your Afternic sale landers (Request Price, Buy it Now, or our Dan.com Lease to Own lander, which we introduced in mid-2023).

Clicking on an individual domain, you'll notice a new "Statistics" tab for 30 day and 12 week data. You can export individual domain stats from this page, too.

For more information on this release, head to our blog.

To answer your question @DN_Hunter, we chose to release the visitor statistics to customers to benefit from while working on additional updates, such as sorting. Thank you to all NamePros members who requested the implementation of visitor statistics at Afternic.

•••
Good morning, When will Godaddy and Afternic start registering and listing dot bot domains?
Hi @Mlebo, if anything changes regarding .bot at Afternic, we'll share it with the community.

•••
Hi, are you resolved your issue with wrong listing ? Because Godaddy won't delete similar old fake listing for several months.

I have bought the domain on Epik marketplace several months ago ,
Show attachment 249938

Later i sent emails to Afternic but old listing still available on their platform . Why do Afternic Godaddy scamming people?
Show attachment 249939
Godaddy become suck when sold their company to Indians.

I am not interested to add the domain on Afternic. I am a new owner and want delete it.

What about others who aren't domainers their domains selling for years without permission...
Hi @Reallybigidea.com,
As we mentioned previously, the quickest way to update the domain listing is to use Ownership Verification at Afternic and add the domain to your account. From there, you have the choice to delete the listing or keep it unlisted if you do not want to actively list it at Afternic.

•••
Afternic has launched its first iteration of visitor statistics for Afternic landers!

Thanks for the improvements.

It would be nice to be able to sort by view.

•••
Yes! Afternic can provide account management services. The criteria tend to be based on usage and sales. If you DM us, we'd be happy to talk further about this!

Thanks for your response (even though it came one week later).

About 2 weeks ago, I emailed Afternic Support and asked about account manager services... Here's the answer I received: "With regards to account managers, Afternic currently does not offer an account manager service."

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 15.18.48.png

I had doubts about said answer, so I decided to ask you guys the same question publicly here.

This isn't nearly the first time I've received misleading, conflicting, or patently false info from Afternic Support... It would be nice to be able to trust Afternic Support... It really would.

•••
Show attachment 249949
Yes, if anyone missed our announcement, Afternic has launched its first iteration of visitor statistics for Afternic landers!

Heading to your portfolio page, you'll find a Views column, keeping track of visits to your Afternic sale landers (Request Price, Buy it Now, or our Dan.com Lease to Own lander, which we introduced in mid-2023).

Clicking on an individual domain, you'll notice a new "Statistics" tab for 30 day and 12 week data. You can export individual domain stats from this page, too.

For more information on this release, head to our blog.

To answer your question @DN_Hunter, we chose to release the visitor statistics to customers to benefit from while working on additional updates, such as sorting. Thank you to all NamePros members who requested the implementation of visitor statistics at Afternic.
So awesome! Thanks

•••
CSV upload is not working, i uploaded 3 csv yesterday and there is no update on domains neither any message.

•••
CSV upload is not working, i uploaded 3 csv yesterday and there is no update on domains neither any message.
Sorry to hear that David. We'll liaise with your account manager to resolve this.

•••
Welcome to Afternic's Fast Transfer network, .xyz and .io! From December 7th, .xyz and .io are joining the Fast Transfer network. Sellers, here's what you need to know ahead of the launch tomorrow: https://blog.afternic.com/xyz-io-fast-transfer/

Last edited:
•••
This banner in the Afternic Dashboard is highly annoying. Closing it with X doesn't work, it will pop up again every single time.

1701930758187.png

•••
edit: **resolved with customer service by phone**

Last edited:
•••
impossible to upload a csv today

edit: on firefox

Last edited:
•••
Afternic mobile seems to have an issue on the left side..
I have also three names pending review for 10 days or so. Have emailed them twice, but no reply..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-12-14-03-59-839_com.android.chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-12-14-03-59-839_com.android.chrome~2.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
•••
impossible to upload a csv today

edit: on firefox
Not just today, davidc1. I've been needing to use Chrome for Afternic CSV uploads for a while now.

•••
Will we ever have the ability to sort the views by number of visits? Also, it would be helpful to reduce the width of the columns...it gets tiresome having to go side to side when viewing on a small screen (I hope I have a way to do this in settings).

•••
@GoDaddy ...

On my phone, when viewing a Buy Now landing page, the domain name field runs into (and overlaps with) the price field. This makes it nearly impossible to see the PRICE of the domain. The name itself is clearly visible above, below the GoDaddy logo, but the price is hard to read on a domain name that isn't very short. I'm guessing that I can't be the only one that sees it that way.

Would it be possible to either put these two fields on separate lines, OR -- maybe even better -- just eliminate that domain name field (since it's already listed above) and leave the price field by itself? Maybe even make the price field text a bit larger?

(Note: I'm referring to the line of text that's in between the Buy Now text and the Buy Now button.)

Thanks.
Thanks for your feedback, @Dane. We'll share this with our landing page team to review.

•••
Afternic mobile seems to have an issue on the left side..
I have also three names pending review for 10 days or so. Have emailed them twice, but no reply..
We'll ask our engineers to investigate this as soon as possible. Regarding pending review listings, our customer service team will respond as quickly as possible to attend to those domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back