Watch

Ntmt

Top Member
Impact
upload_2021-4-27_18-43-26.png

NS5.AFTERNIC.COM
NS6.AFTERNIC.COM

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Finally, they did it...but there must be a contact form or chat option. Many people don't feel comfortable in talking over the phone. Also an option to send offer would be great.

If it is an option, then fine. But universally, I believe Afternic/GD has better data what works and what not. Potentially, adding make offer and/or chat might reduce sales, as their brokers are really great doing their job over the phone. Offers will also hurt the impulse buys as well as the number of bin sales. Most my Afternic sales are BIN and I like it that way.

•••
Got first sale on ns5 ns6, after updating in less than a week. details soon!

•••
I am going to do some A-B testing and see how it goes. I can't imagine these BIN landers resulting in less sales than the "make offer" landers for average priced domains.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Would be great an option to Camel Case the listings on the landing page though

•••
Is there any plan in place to include that feature?
Yes, we do have plans to add tracking in the future. We're working on re-doing all of Afternic, so we'll be rolling out new features throughout the year.

•••
I will be testing ns5 and ns6 for the majority of my domains, starting today.

Wish me luck :xf.smile:

My test period is over. In recent months, unfortunately I've not seen a substantial increase in sales directly through the new ns5/ns6 BIN landers. However, there were the usual sales through Afternic DLS partners that would normally have happened as well.

Sorry to say, but I am not happy with the constant failure to resolve essential problems such as complete implementation of https for landers. It simply takes too long and there is no proactive communication around this. Other marketplaces resolve such issues quickly. At Afternic, it remains a big question mark when things get resolved.

The Afternic dashboard is lagging far behind other marketplaces.

Afternic receives a 20% fee for every successful sale, including domain sales through BIN Landers. I am happy to grant Afternic this amount, but at the same time I do have certain expectations. At present, these expectations are far from being fulfilled.

I've decided to return to my former landers with a 10% sales fee, expanded lander options, better domain management, and a very active community on NamePros. I will continue to offer my domains passively via Afternic DLS.

I wish Afternic every success. The Afternic representatives on this forum probably haven't been able to quickly reform the legacy Afternic. Of course, I'm willing to re-try Afternic again for my domain landers, depending on if things have changed substantially, Afternic suddenly turns out to be very innovative and also starts interacting with this community actively instead of just being reactive.

I recently suggested creating a dedicated thread for the Afternic Marketplace, with a neutral title. Some other marketplaces also have such threads and the interaction with the users is more vibrant. If you want to build a new Afternic together with this great community with a lot of knowledge, you really need a different setup that encourages participation. I think this community wants Afternic to succeed.

Last edited:
•••
The BIN will work only if your afternic domain enabled with fast transfer

I have names at NameBright which are not part of Afternics fast transfer and it works fine

•••
All works fine. Regardless of registrar, or fast transfer.
You just have to set prices in your afternic account.
And give it 5 minutes to update.

•••
•••
Two of my domains i used nameserver NS5.AFTERNIC.COM / NS6.AFTERNIC.COM ,
but i cant see the BUY NOW and NO price like other domains ? is shows something different !!
why this happening ?

Show attachment 195817

Some possible reasons I can think of, for not showing the BIN price on ns5/ns6 landers, are:
  • The domain is still in a lock period (30d, 60d); this happens after you've changed whois or moved to another registrar.
  • The domain is a new gtld and falls in a higher registry pricing tier (only the lower pricing tiers will be displayed with BIN for some ngtlds)
  • The domain has a special status in your Afternic dashboard; or price was not set correctly.
  • Nameservers point to ns5/ns6 but the domain is not in your (or any) account at Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
Update

They all work now!

Looking forward to seeing the results.

Last edited:
•••
Hello namepros friends,
I want to report about my experience with the new afternic BIN landers. 24 hours ago I have changed the nameservers of 103 domains to the new Afternic ns5 and ns6 nameservers. All domains are listed in my Afternic account with BIN prices. However from the 103 domains only 76 domains are resolving with the new BIN lander like this:
upload_2021-4-30_20-3-11.png

For the remaining 27 domains you get this one:
upload_2021-4-30_20-4-32.png

Yesterday I tried to figure out where the catch is but I was not able to find any clear indicator for it.

Today I hit the BIN button on the lander and I got this:
upload_2021-4-30_20-12-5.png

It says: AUCTIONS DOMAIN PURCHASE

This was interesting for me because I realized that it must somehow be related to Godaddy Domain Auctions. Therefor I checked all 103 domains if they are listed in the Godaddy domain auction platform - and surprise surprise:
The 27 domains that don't resolve with the BIN lander:
- 25 are not listed in the auction platform
- 2 are listed but are not mine
The 76 domains that are resolving with the BIN lander:
73 are listed in the auction platform
3 I can't find.

Conclusion:
It seems that the domain must be listed in the Godaddy auctions platform if you want that the BIN lander resolves.

It would be nice if someone could check their domains and give some feedback!

I wish you all the best!
Darko

Last edited:
•••
Same with me. It seems must be opt in for fast transfer first, or what. I also demand an explanation like you 😁😁😁
You were quoting @kite26's posting from 2021.

The way you set Afternic landers has changed since then. Now it's done in the Afternic dashboard, not by just setting Afternic nameservers any longer. Please read the following for more info on how to select the right Afternic lander for your domain:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/godaddy-nameservers.1311870/#post-9020045

Last edited:
•••
•••
Lol. It's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. We wanted BIN when we just had contact forms and phone numbers. Now, we have BIN and we are also asking for contact forms.

I think people want everything DAN just with a GoDaddy brand attached.

The "make offer" is more useful on domains with higher asking prices IMO. In those cases the negotiation does matter.

I have a lot of domains on Afternic as BIN with make offer. 50% range is normally my min offer, and 10%-20% discount on floor price.

It is hardly ever that a domain receives an offer, or sells between the floor price and BIN. If the domain is priced in a normal end user range like $500 - $5,000 the majority of interested buyers just pull the trigger from my experience, if the domain is easy to buy.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Lol. It's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. We wanted BIN when we just had contact forms and phone numbers. Now, we have BIN and we are also asking for contact forms.

You might be right. I am not even trying ns5. until they provide firm data that it would improve sales (I might do my own A/B test if I have time. With thousands of domains I could get a good feel which one works better).

For now, though, not trying to fix something that ain't broken.

What I really would like GD to implement is providing traffic stats or ability to add GA.

Last edited:
•••
What we've found is that if you have listed your names on Auctions separately from Afternic (so listed in both places) then the search algorithm prioritizes the Auctions listing which means the BIN lander won't show even if on ns5/6. What I would recommend as a test is to remove names that are directly listed on GD Auctions and see if the BIN lander pulls the Afternic listing instead, thus showing the right page.

You won't lose any exposure on this as Afternic names are fed into Auctions search results for keywords etc.

•••
In anticipation of a new landing page, I changed more than 300 domain name servers to NS5.AFTERNIC.COM and NS6.AFTERNIC.COM last week, but a week later, BIN price is not displayed and only "This domain may be for sale" is being displayed.
I sent an e-mail asking for a solution to this problem, but there was no answer and there was no improvement, so I was greatly disappointed with the Afternic service.
It will go back to the previous parking page.

That is why I am staying put with ns3 until all the kinks are straightened out.

•••
Factory.xyz
Merit.xyz
Swear.xyz

My domains are still not resolving from india. It's been 1 week.
If i use a proxy browser ns5/ns6 lander is working, but not showing BIN prices.
My afternic domains are not showing in Godaddy registrar path or Auctions too.
I dont know whats happening? We are loosing some sales.

@Paul Nicks @Joe Styler
I'm able to access your domain from india without any proxy, though the price is not visible which is a common problem for all of us. In my case also, out of 150, only 2-4 domains show the price..all else lander without price. Afternic should make it good ASAP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-03-18-41-29-252_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-03-18-41-29-252_com.android.chrome.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
•••
Although the http:// itself is not secure, but once you enter a domain it goes to a secure Godaddy page.

Perhaps they have left the initial entry point unsecure on purpose in order to make it easier to get to the Landers from all different places around the World (just guessing).

We got to assume that Godaddy has designed their system to produce the maximum number of sales and as such there might be some justification for certain things that don't look right on the surface.

Perhaps @Paul Nicks or @Joe Styler can chime in to address this issue better,

IMO

The problem is that this is not about people entering a domain manually in their browser. This is about already existing https backlinks on websites, and indexed https links in Google. All these https links don't work now, simple as that. Read what @Recons.Com wrote about this as well.

You're assuming a lot here about Godaddy's intentions, but in case of Afternic with their bare naked services and ancient domain management interface, I would not assume things too fast. The best is to let Afternic answer first, and then have them fix it. I'm still trying the new ns5/ns6 Afternic landers for the majority of my domains, and since I noticed this, I think about switching back to my old landers. For 20% commission on a lander, I expect this to work.

Last edited:
•••
Wow. This would be a huge waste of traffic/sales.

Not just for the investors, but for GD/Afternic, as they lose the 20% of the cut. You'd think they'd focus on implementing this simple pre-requisite feature since browsers have started strictly requiring this couple of years ago, yet still not done...
So I simply tested this thing further, just to find that the https issue occurs with both ns3 ns4 as well as the ns5 ns6 landers.

•••
Thanks. I let the person in charge of that know and also about the https vs http above in the thread.

I was wondering what is the timeline on this?

For the whole huge IT team it shouldn't be problem to make sure that the https:// works as normal?

Supposedly, the landing pages has gone through all the beta testing and have been launched. How can a tech company launch something that works only on INSECURE protocol and DOESN'T support AT ALL a secure protocol?

Again, every day this protocol is not working Afternic/Godaddy is losing tens of thousands of $ given 20 million+ domains listed.

Again, I have 10000+ domains (doubling every year) with GD/Afternic and I am using this landers and if this cannot be fixed, I will send my business elsewhere, both as registrar and the landing service.

It is annoying that bugs reported years ago are still there and if there is any change, it is only towards worse, never towards fixing anything.

timeout1.PNG

Last edited:
•••
If it is an option, then fine. But universally, I believe Afternic/GD has better data what works and what not. Potentially, adding make offer and/or chat might reduce sales, as their brokers are really great doing their job over the phone. Offers will also hurt the impulse buys as well as the number of bin sales. Most my Afternic sales are BIN and I like it that way.

•••
Would be great an option to Camel Case the listings on the landing page though
Here is the respond from Afternic support

"Since domain names are not case sensitive they are all listed as lower case. This way they display correctly across all of our partner sites."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back