NameSilo

Afternic introduced new Buy-Now landing page

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News, started by Ntmt, Apr 27, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. Paul Nicks

Paul Nicks VIP Member GoDaddy Staff PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes, we do have plans to add tracking in the future. We're working on re-doing all of Afternic, so we'll be rolling out new features throughout the year.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. oldtimer

oldtimer Do some good for humanity and the environment VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

That's great,

Having to go without any stats for the Landers is like driving a car that has no speedometer or other gauges in the instrument panel. :xf.wink:

IMO

3. Avijit Roy

Avijit Roy Top Contributor VIP

I tried five names to test...

Two names are not showing BIN price.

Toxin Lab.com
    Information ware.com

@Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  4. Windoms

Windoms Top Contributor VIP

A bomb has been planted.

5. Paul Nicks

Paul Nicks VIP Member GoDaddy Staff PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Toxinlab I see as still pointing to DAN. If you changed your nameservers to ns5/ns6.afternic.com recently then it can take up to 24 hours for those changes to propagate throughout the world.

6. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

Can confirm. And like to add that the authoritative nameservers for .com are still pointing to DAN for those domains. Probably the change made by @Avijit Roy was not successful and has to be done again (I queried a.gtld-servers.net directly).

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  7. Avijit Roy

Avijit Roy Top Contributor VIP

Yes , I just made these changes just one and half hour ago, since these were not resolving,

I changed back the nameservers back to ns5/ns6.

8. NameSpirit.com

NameSpirit.com Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread too much when I type three magic letters as a feature suggestion: API :xf.grin:

I believe it would be a holy grail for many of us to be able to add and delete domains programmatically.

9. Skyvisum

Skyvisum Top Contributor VIP

Is afternic understaffed?Takes them more than 5 days to reply to messages if you don't call in.

Also advise HR to employ more brokers with guts . Some newly promoted brokers moving from acct rep that I have dealt with, hear figures and are trembling 🙂.

They need to understand that not all domain investors are for volume sales,so can't accept those low offers that they present .

If they can't close a deal,they can always ask seller,if buyer can contact directly to try their luck .

Will be waiting for the new features.

10. Charley

Charley Striving To Be The Best VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I sent customer support an email on May 9. And they responded after 5 days i.e today.

What's going on?

See below

Hello Charley,

Thank you for contacting Afternic Support. The domains must be pointed to our landing pages in order to display those statistics. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards
    James
    Afternic

--------------- Original Message ---------------
    Sent: 5/9/2021 2:42 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Check Traffic on Domains

Hello

How do I check the incoming traffic without parking on a make offer landing
    page?

Thanks

Charley

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  11. Future Sensors

The delay used to be longer, a couple of months ago. Progress can still be made...

12. synecdoche

synecdoche Upgraded Member Gold Account

@Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

Since there is talk of revamping Afternic -

I don't know how much of an effort it is, and how high it would be in your priority; but one fun engagement feature would be to allow for e-mail notifications when a domain goes into "Pending Sale" mode. I check the platform 1-2 times a day to get this status, and I believe there would be a lot of domainers who do likewise.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  13. harshgupta

harshgupta Venturre.com VIP Blue Account

@Paul Nicks

ns5/ns6 nameservers do not have an inquiry form, just a contact number. For make offer listings without BIN, how is it performing compared to the ns3/ns4 nameservers with inquiry form.

For make offer listings , should we stick with ns3/ns4 or switch to ns5/ns6.

Anyone with any input ? Any help will be appreciated.

14. dido90

dido90 faciebook.com

I also changed DNS of some of my domains to NS5/NS6 and still not showing BIN or even make offer, just the " This domain may be for sale "

15. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

It is a little too early to answer this but it is something we are closely tracking.

16. Future Sensors

Hi @Joe Styler

In the new situation, what's the easiest way to tell that a domain has Sold through the new Afternic BIN landers, and not through Godaddy registration path or partner registrar?

Any information about this would be useful, for evaluating the effectiveness of the new BIN landers.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  17. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

I dont think you can tell as a customer yet. The sales team can tell you and we will share more numbers once we get enough data. As Paul said earlier in the thread there is more work being done on Afternic this year and we know more data is wanted by customers.

18. CraigD

CraigD Top Contributor VIP

I've seen instances of domains being misrepresented by using 'Camel Case' or Pascal Case. It's best just to keep everything either upper or lower case using a font that cannot be misinterpreted.

19. oldtimer

oldtimer Do some good for humanity and the environment VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

We are not customers, we are fellow domainers, :xf.smile::xf.wink::angelic:

We need to have accurate and up to date info and stats for our Landers just like you guys need to have them for the Godaddy portfolios.

IMO

20. Windoms

Windoms Top Contributor VIP

Godaddy aint no domainer lol.
    We are business customers***

(Afternic is displaying a new login page, same as the one on godaddy.com)

21. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Contributor VIP

They are domain investors too via their NameFind sister company.

22. Nikhil Jain

Nikhil Jain Top Contributor VIP

I did make a sale after switching to the new landers. Reached out to customer care and TA team to see if they could provide any details about how the buyer purchased - via landing page or via partner sites.

As of now, they said that they do not have access to that information. Would be great if Afternic could somehow track such buyer activity so that we can have more clarity on the performance of the landers.

23. Future Sensors

Hi @Joe Styler

Will Afternic start supporting https landers soon?

When switching to Afternic landers, all already indexed https links produce time-outs.

http://domain/ works (this redirects to a godaddy.com url)
    http://www.domain/ works (this redirects to a godaddy.com url)

https://domain/ doesn't work (timeout / not implemented)
    https://www.domain/ doesn't work (timeout / not implemented)

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  24. Recons.Com

Wow. This would be a huge waste of traffic/sales.

Not just for the investors, but for GD/Afternic, as they lose the 20% of the cut. You'd think they'd focus on implementing this simple pre-requisite feature since browsers have started strictly requiring this couple of years ago, yet still not done...

25. Recons.Com

@Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

New bug of GD/Afternic integration.

I select names in my GD interface to list then click list for sale as I have done many times before and since today I get "you have no domains to list" error. Repeated few times (which is a hassle in itself, as I need to re-sort, get to the pages I need, find the names, select those after struggling with another bug that doesn't show listed status - reported in GD bugs thread with zero reaction, btw - and then get this error) and the same happens every time.

afternic11.PNG

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice