Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dominic Belley

Four Letter AcronymsTop Member
Impact
Michael Cyger : "I’m retiring from publishing in the domain name industry."

http://www.domainsherpa.com/farewell/

--

Domain Sherpa is the reason why I've become a domainer.

Honestly I am very sad to read that article today.

All I feel like saying right now is Thank you Michael !
I hope I can shake your hand one day at a conference.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Even though it makes me feel really sad that DomainSherpa shows will stop, I really wish Michael Cyger and the Sherpas the best of luck. He and the Sherpas spent so many hours teaching us about domaining for free. I have watched most of the videos there and I've watched all the Reviews multiple times.

I am impressed by how Michael Cyger can handle each show. He always asks questions that every domainer would want to ask. He is a very professional host.

•••
Thanks to MC and everyone that contributed on all the different shows.

•••
Thanks to Michael Cyger and the always informative and entertaining podcast DomainSherpa. Very good shows, every one. I hope you will allow them to stay archived. Your shows have made their mark on the history of our young industry. Best wishes in your future endeavours.

•••
Ahhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaan! WTF? Now I have to listen to Rogan when I'm driving to work. Worlds gone to shit.

•••
Saw this message at 4:30am and couldn't go back to sleep.. it's like an important part of my domaining life is gone..... thanks Michael and to all the Sherpas.. and even if not at the same frequency, some shows / podcasts would be cool.. was a real pleasure watching you guys, have fun and learn at the same time..
Nobody's dead thank God, but it literally feels close to it.

•••
•••
How about the Omar and Will Show

;) We shall see, it's possible.

Thanks Mike for providing the Domain Sherpa website and all of it's valuable resources to all the community!

-Omar

•••
@Michael Cyger

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Michael!!!! Such a shocker!!

Would like to add my two cents to all the glowing comments out here and other places...

YOU ABSOLUTELY ROCK!!! Your interviews were so much fun to watch apart from the insights and learning they brought. IMO You actually made a huge albeit unacknowledged global impact and knitted the people in the industry together. I hope you are damn proud of your contributions!

Someone might come along to do a show like yours but there will never be another Michael Cyger!! Your articulate flare, dedication, passion, humbleness, focus and quick-wit will remain with everyone to admire and look up to. I do hope (like many others) that you will years down the line restart your interviews when you feel there is a need or shift in the industry ... even if its once a month or two.

You stand tall alongside all the legends in the industry!!

Thanks and tc :xf.love::xf.love::xf.love:
Anita

Last edited:
•••
"Sherpas" are the voice and light on the unclear path.

Thank you!

•••
I sure wish there was a Michael Cyger Show in 1998 when I starting buying names or I would of saved lot's of money reg crap names. Had no clue back them.

Michael interviewing skills, asking the right questions, and even better his listening skills were the best in the industry.

Thanks Michael Cyger your a class act!!!

•••
•••
This is truly a sad day. If it wasn't for DomainSherpa.com I would have never re-started domaining.

A job well done Cyger.

•••
•••
Good luck Cyger! We never knew each other but I can respect the work you've done as I've seen the videos!

I can only hope to leave 1 tenth of a mark you've left! Best of luck!

I wonder who will now try to pick up his influential spot in the domainer land?

•••
There certainly could be another show with a new cast but I doubt it will be DomainSherpa. That is Mike's and as long as Mike is retired it will run in syndication for eternity.

How about "The not quite Sherpas show"?

Sit around complaining about renewals. Only talk about the worst domains one has in their portfolio, talk about the countless deals where domainers lost money and about how great .guitar is? :)

haha

Thanks for all the insights shane et al!

Last edited:
•••
Michael is a total pro and has been a real asset to the domain community, definitely helping to advance the cause.

Perhaps he feels all the bases are covered. Every possible thing ever about domain names is on those videos!

It's great to see this thread started by @Dominic Belley having started domaining from the shows.

Last edited:
•••
This is pretty disappointing and sad, I loved his shows!

•••
what a blow...wishing MC all the best.

•••
Monday will never be same now. The show has something magical to it. The bitter truth, the sarcasm, wrapping the bitter truth with honey, the funny talks, the domain evaluation tricks ( pausing the video and placing order of magnitude on a domain), the unrelated topic like marathon, election, gardening etc. You just can get bored watching or listening to those shows. Even when am having a shitty domaining day, I just play one of those old shows. I always take something away each time I listen to those shows. Michael Cyger is a great gift to this industry. Thank you man

•••
Mike could not find a producer to work for almost free,that had a lot to do with it. Great show ,he should sell it. The last interview was the best ever.

•••
When i saw this news i was completely shocked, still am.

Michael thank you for all of your time, insights and everything you did for this industry and individuals.

You brought life to this show, hope for domainers who thought lots of time in quitting but when the saw your show it give them hope and information to help them have a chance in this industry (i speak from my experience).

Thank you for everything Domain Sherpa and Michael Cyger.

Hope you have success and that your next adventure brings you the same happiness has domaning brought you.

Sad for Michael to leave and domain sherpa to end :xf.frown:

Great respect for Michael and Domain Sherpa.

Guess know there's only domain wire podcast to watch :xf.eek:

•••
SAY IT ISINT SO JOE ,I MEAN MIKE , play this below you may change your mind

•••
A remarkable and informative site. Michael and DomainSherpa.had a great impact on many curious to get into the industry and on those involved already not to not give up knowing so many have found success and continue to do so.

Thank you Michael.

By him retiring and not putting out new content will make these videos simply priceless for those who continue to get involve in the industry and those who can always reference back to a Sherpa video for answers to some questions they may have or a road block they come across.

- Will

•••
DomainSherpa.com was one of the very first resources I stumbled upon when I started investing in domain names four years ago and was crucial in inspiring and motivating me in my journey as an investor. I was stoked to have my small portfolio reviewed in one of the weekly reviews when I first started out and I was proud and honoured to return several years later as a guest on the show to share some of my strategies and tactics around brandable domain name investing.

If you only knew half of how much work and preparation Mike puts into a single show you would be completely baffled by the fact that he produced 404(!) show during the past years. Anyone that is starting out in our industry today that discovers the soon to be DomainSherpa archives will find the ultimate treasure trove for domainers and is able to binge-watch hundreds of hours of the very best content in the industry.

Thank you, Michael, and thank you, all the guests that have contributed over the years, sharing their strategies and tactics.
Hey Doran ,any news about what Michael will do now ? Is he still gonna be involved in efty

•••
DomainSherpa has done a superb job over the years providing timeless knowledge that will educate newbies for generations to come. :glasses:

Kudos to all the Sherpas!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back