Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dominic Belley

Four Letter AcronymsTop Member
Impact
Michael Cyger : "I’m retiring from publishing in the domain name industry."

http://www.domainsherpa.com/farewell/

--

Domain Sherpa is the reason why I've become a domainer.

Honestly I am very sad to read that article today.

All I feel like saying right now is Thank you Michael !
I hope I can shake your hand one day at a conference.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Doran ,any news about what Michael will do now ? Is he still gonna be involved in efty

Michael has retired from publishing in the domain name industry. He will still be actively involved in Efty and his other companies such as iSixSigma and Bainbridge Island Magazine. As he writes in his farewell post you can expect to see him around at domain name conferences and he's still investing in domain names just like most of us.

•••
Sad to hear , was a great show and even greater person!
Michael, wish you all the best!

•••
Great content, really a shame for sure. There was mention of a sale of Tulip.com, which is a great domain, and I am sure knowing all he taught, and learned he would not have sold it unless he got a great number. I think it was stated prior he had sold his company also for a great return, so maybe he is at the point where he can relax a bit, and enjoy life without having the constant demand of putting on a weekly show.

•••
missed my Monday drive in podcast :(

•••
hey all just found an old great link on Michael I had to share.

•••
Smart move... get out of the domain industry before it's to late.

•••
As an independent, I've appreciated listening and learning from Michael Cyger.

He's always impressed me with his openness and passion for the domain name market.

Who's going to do the heavy lifting now?

H00T

•••
I was wondering why no new Sherpa shows. I only started listening to it this year anyway though so I suppose I could spend a long time now, listening to old shows, which would be new shows to me. I like them as background listening while doing something else.

Somewhat like when I downloaded the entire Sopranos episodes all seasons in 2015, and watched them 1-2 a day until I’d seen them all. Hadn’t even watched a single Sopranos episode before 2015! Convinced myself that I didn't have time to get mixed up in that. :)

On Overcast I see the Sherpa shows going back to March 2011! Perhaps I’d better get busy! Time for a Sherpa marathon?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back