Dynadot

[ADVICE] Email Redirection script w/ multiple domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I need some advice on how to tackle a project I plan on working on, similar to the site, www.4warding.com , where u may choose multiple domains and set up an emal to be redirected to your email address; I already have four domains I would like to use and I now need to work on the site; If anyone has any script, links, or advice they think would be useful to me, please share; it would be much appreciated. Thanks,
Dan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
what mail daemon you're gonna be using ?
just read the manuals of that daemon.. e.g : sendmail, postfix, qmail.

for example, in qmail (howto here - http://www.qmail.org/man/man5/dot-qmail.html)
you add &[email protected] into user config file. And you need to create a script that would be able to have access and modify those files, and add the line.

•••
hmm i was thinking straight redirection method, like the server receives the msg and forwards it to the email stored in the users account then deleted it from the server. thanks for ur help

•••
Dan-Da-Man said:
hmm i was thinking straight redirection method, like the server receives the msg and forwards it to the email stored in the users account then deleted it from the server. thanks for ur help

the information I gave you, is straight redirection method, you just need to know what kind of mailer daemon your server using and how it handle e-mails (RTFM),so whenever a user sign up, your script (PHP or Perl/CGI) just need to create a new user account then forward the mail by 'adding a line of code' in that user configuration,
for example, my server using qmail, and user configuration file to do this is in
/var/qmail/mailnames/domainname.com/mailuser01
my script need to modify /var/qmail/mailnames/domainname.com/mailuser01/.qmail
and add this to that line

&[email protected]

most MTA (Mail Transport Agent) able to do this, please once again RTFM...

if you don't have your own server, there's another method, .. Get an eNom reseller account, then register/transfer the name to that account, then contact their support to add your server/host ip address to access their API. Set the name servers to enom nameservers, go to their API information page, download the documentation and sample code. Use "getforwarding" and "forwarding" function calls to do this.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back