IT.COM

question-answered How can I select the ideal domain name for a health website?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wycliffecholmondele

Impact
I'm seeking advice from the community on how to choose a domain name for a health-related website. I want the domain to be engaging, relevant, and memorable, but I'm not quite sure where to start. Any insights, tips, or personal experiences with domain selection in the health niche would be greatly appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The TLD should be .com
  • Only letters (no numbers, no hyphens, no IDN symbols)
  • The SLD should preferably be 10 characters or fewer
  • The SLD should be 3 syllables or fewer
  • The SLD should be 2 words or fewer
  • No misspellings
  • In case of 2 words, make sure that the structure is grammatically correct
  • Use root words (no derivational- or inflectional affixes) unless it clashes with the grammar
  • Make sure that when spoken it can't be mistaken for something else
  • Type it out in different fonts, squint your eyes and see if it's still legible
  • Consider the search volume and search velocity
  • Look up trademarks (you don't want an existing trademark in the same trademark class)
If you're buying an existing domain also consider:
  • Look up the number of SLD:s and TLD:s it's registered in, the more the better
  • Check the domain age, if it's been registered for a long time then chances are it's desirable

Last edited:
•••
•••
Post your Request if you would like to buy a domain from one of the members. See the top menu link "Requests" at the top bar of this page.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back