Dynadot

question Advice and Help from the Community

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lee Wilson

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

Nice to meet you all and I am happy to be part of this community. I own 24 Domain Names approx. with a few I bought years ago. I mainly bought them for future businesses and for family. I am now getting more interested in acquiring more domains and selling off a few. I am also really interested in how parking works and how I can make these domains work to create revenue? Since I am new at this, I am not really sure what to do, or how to make this happen. Any advice to this Irish 'newbie' would be greatly appreciated!

You guys rock! Slainte.

Lee.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome

I would ignore parking, there is ver little money in it anymore

Focus on selling what you have or even selling a few of them and then reinvest in better names with the money you make. Don't fall into the trap of going on a reg rampage because you will regret it come renewal time, get proficient at selling names first, its not easy when you are new to the game

Good luck Lee Wilson

•••
Hi Lee, welcome to Namepros and to domaining.

At the very tip top of the 'domaining 101' list is, of course, to learn what kind of domains you currently have, get real-world valuations and selling/dev suggestions from a variety of domainers. I'd recommend not regging any more domains until you put a few (or all) of your current domains up here for appraisal. If you're picking domains that (in our humble opinions) have no way of selling to anyone, it's better to find that out at 24 domains rather than to keep spending your money on a lot more before finding out that they're just not the kind of domains that sell.

Have a good look at the domain name sales section here to see what kinds of domains are selling; have a good look at the kinds of domains we are picking up, which you can see in threads like 'your reg of the day' and 'your snap or purchase of the day' etc; have a good look at our tactics for reaching out to potential buyers.

In short, have a really good look around all the forum, particularly the sections that concentrate on domain sales, domain buys, domaining strategies. And in the beginning, put all the domains you can up for appraisal here; you're putting your balls out into the wind and we might grind your domain choices into the mud, ha ha, but it's better you learn your mistakes now rather than spending a lot more money on those mistakes in the future.

Good luck :)

•••
Hi Lee, welcome to Namepros and to domaining.

At the very tip top of the 'domaining 101' list is, of course, to learn what kind of domains you currently have, get real-world valuations and selling/dev suggestions from a variety of domainers. I'd recommend not regging any more domains until you put a few (or all) of your current domains up here for appraisal. If you're picking domains that (in our humble opinions) have no way of selling to anyone, it's better to find that out at 24 domains rather than to keep spending your money on a lot more before finding out that they're just not the kind of domains that sell.

Have a good look at the domain name sales section here to see what kinds of domains are selling; have a good look at the kinds of domains we are picking up, which you can see in threads like 'your reg of the day' and 'your snap or purchase of the day' etc; have a good look at our tactics for reaching out to potential buyers.

In short, have a really good look around all the forum, particularly the sections that concentrate on domain sales, domain buys, domaining strategies. And in the beginning, put all the domains you can up for appraisal here; you're putting your balls out into the wind and we might grind your domain choices into the mud, ha ha, but it's better you learn your mistakes now rather than spending a lot more money on those mistakes in the future.

Good luck :)

This is terrific input and advice. Thank you! How can I put all of my domain names up for appraisal on here? Who do I get in touch with and send them to? How much would it cost for about 25 domain names? Thanks so much for your time and help on this! I will start researching and reading all that I can. Cheers. Lee.

•••
Welcome

I would ignore parking, there is ver little money in it anymore

Focus on selling what you have or even selling a few of them and then reinvest in better names with the money you make. Don't fall into the trap of going on a reg rampage because you will regret it come renewal time, get proficient at selling names first, its not easy when you are new to the game

Good luck Lee Wilson

Thanks so much for the advice, Giles! Greatly appreciated. Slainte.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back